TwistOuts

indefinite

For the ladies doing twist outs, do you put rubberband on the ends? If so, does the rubberbands not damage your hair?

No don't put rubberbands! I recently started doing twist-outs and I used flexi-rods and sealed the ends with olive oil. That seems to work fine....you can also try putting them in a bantu knot.

I use perm-rods for my ends. The rubberbands used to pull at my ends and they didn't look neat. The perm-rods add a little curl to the ends, and I put them in bantu knots last week and they came out great!

I just twirl the end of each twist around my finger with whatever oil I'm using to seal and it stays twisted. I do sometimes use perm rods on my ends for a different look, especially if I'm just braiding/twisting to wear the braidout/twistout.

OP, are you natural or relaxed?
When I was relaxed, Twistouts did not work well for me. the times that I tried them Is spiral the ends onto flexirods.

Braidouts worked better for relaxed hair (for me)

I don't use rubberbands.
My hair is straight when wet, but as it dries the curls make it so easy to lock itself.
You could try putting a little natural hair gel on the ends to see if that will make a difference.

I'm relaxed and I use green magnetic rollers on the end....
090409_123450-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I do twist outs, with pillow rollers. I put my on my leave-in conditioner, and spray each end with water after I do the twist, before rolling. I am currently using pillow rollers, because my hair is too short, to pin up at night. when I wake up the short curls on my sides and back are too flattened to re fluff. So with the pillow rollers I can sleep with them in comfortably.

100_0773.jpg

Last edited:
I always use satin covered sponge rollers.

If my hair was flat twisted while completely wet, I'll take out the roller the next day, once it is dry, and coat the ends with a creamy leave-in conditioner and re-roll while in the shower and getting dressed. This takes out the tightness of the curl so the twist out won't be too tight to my head.

I did this when i was airdrying and I didnt need anything on the ends. I guess that tells me i need a trim!

I dont put anything on my ends..they curl up after Im done with each twist.

but..when I was relaxed I used perm rods. I wouldnt do regular single twists either..I would do flat twists.

Back