TWA Inspiration Thread

HeavenlySkies

I was looking through the board to about twa styles and found a lot of women here looking for help. So this thread is dedicated to the newly naturals (that didn't long-term transition) and now have TWAs and don't know what to do and need ideas for styles. So I'm asking all the ladies here that have pictures with their twas to post in here to help everyone who recently bc'd with styles...I'll start it.

Braids with puff

I jacked this style from Nonie.

e0e.jpg

c51.jpg

Another variation of braided puff

1a3.jpg

773.jpg

8b1.jpg

And another lol
f29.jpg

a86.jpg

8a8.jpg

And of course classic fro after this picture I went to the bss and got an afro pic yall know the one with the fist lol First time I wore that out but I prefer braids and puff.
69f.jpg

I just had to thank you because i am transitioning and scared of getting a twa causde i wouldnt know where to begin im subscribing lol

Thank you Moustacy! I really need style ideas because I love my puff but I have enough hair to experiment with other styles but I don't know just what..

Who you tellin? I was so lost when I BC'd I came here looking for twa stuff but I only found like one post that had pictures (Nonies) the rest were of other chicks asking about styles.

^Thanks I think it would help more if it was posted in here because some people don't have fotkis would keep the thread alive to not have to navigate outside the board that's all.

GIRRRRRRRRRLLL.... You make my do look HAWT! I saw it and almost didn't recognize it. Love how you added some pizzazz with the scarf. Very cute indeed. Love the other variations of the do too. :love:

OK, spill: who's plaiting your hair, coz s/he has mad skills!

GIRRRRRRRRRLLL.... You make my do look HAWT! I saw it and almost didn't recognize it. Love how you added some pizzazz with the scarf. Very cute indeed. Love the other variations of the do too. :love:

OK, spill: who's plaiting your hair, coz s/he has mad skills!

lol how you not recognize your creation? My mom is the one braiding my hair :grin: And thanks I'll be sure to tell her what you said.​

Hopefully more people participate in this thread. I posted one a few weeks ago and there weren't too many contributions :(

However, I finally have my own!! yay! Here is the link to my album. After seeing this thread, I finally decided to upload my pics.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/album.php?albumid=2159

I'm definitely going to have to try that style moustacy/nonie!!! So cute

Ohh and Nonie, I have the twist out results of your twist method in my album too:yep:

I got discouraged with styles because quite frankly I can't do them well.:blush: My carpal tunnel makes parting and twisting very difficult for me. However, I am determined to press on and master these styles. I am learning a lot more from you ladies and You tube videos. Nonie is my hero! I hope some day to be able to do something cute to my natural like that!:yep::clapping:

I got a few.....
100_1230.jpg

simple puff with a part

100_0922.jpg

puff with hump at the front

100_0869.jpg

wash and go pulled back with headband

HTH!

Wow, everyone's hair is beautiful. I am currently wearing Kinky Twist to assist with my transition, but have been thinking alot about if I will do a BC.

I mainly wore my hair in finger coils until I was able to do two strand twists.

Done with shea butter:
000_1689-vi.jpg

Done with aloe vera gel:
000_2426-vi701.jpg

My first twists:
000_2714-vi.jpg

Just got this done today, thanks for the idea!

Attachments

• DSCN0367(2).jpg
    DSCN0367(2).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0374.jpg
    DSCN0374.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
Oooh nice idea for a thread. I have a feeling I won't last my one year BC target so I am subscribing to this thread.

Nice styles so far!

I have a TWA. I am going to try a style that my old beautician used to do on other TWA.
1. Coo poo, pre poo, shampoo (wash how you normally would)
2. Using a mouse or a pomade, coat a lightly over entire head
3. Start at the back and part hair at about an inch wide part
4. Using a rat tailed comb, put hair on comp and twist the hair into a coil shaped curl and lay down.
5. Continue to do this until you reach the front of the hair and style the front as desired.
6. She ususally sits them under the dryer. But, I am going to air dry.

The result will look like this link: http://www.celebritysalonspa.com/images/natural_style.jpg

Hope this helps :D

I was looking through the board to about twa styles and found a lot of women here looking for help. So this thread is dedicated to the newly naturals (that didn't long-term transition) and now have TWAs and don't know what to do and need ideas for styles. So I'm asking all the ladies here that have pictures with their twas to post in here to help everyone who recently bc'd with styles...I'll start it.

Braids with puff

I jacked this style from Nonie.

e0e.jpg

c51.jpg

Another variation of braided puff

1a3.jpg

773.jpg

8b1.jpg

And another lol
f29.jpg

a86.jpg

8a8.jpg

And of course classic fro after this picture I went to the bss and got an afro pic yall know the one with the fist lol First time I wore that out but I prefer braids and puff.
69f.jpg

I got that pick, love it

Back