Trim Now or Later???

LovelyRo

OK I have a bit of a dilemma.... my hair has been doing well since I started my hair care journey but I have an area in the middle that is damaged and weak and it's thinner and shorter than the rest of my hair. My hair is almost growing in a W (well on it's way to looking like one)... not cute. I've changed up my regi for that area because I want it to thrive like the rest of my hair.

My initial plan was to get aggresive with trimming my hair once I got past APL. I was going to keep getting it trimmed back to APL until that area thickened up and was even with the rest of my hair.

But, now I'm having second thoughts. What if waiting does more harm than help? Should I just get it over with now?

Here's a pic:

TIA

my hair looks/looked like that too. one of my stylist trimmed my hair a few months ago, but she didnt really get my nape area, so i keep that area moisturized very well. the best thing to do is, go ahead and trim the damaged area of it off little by little, and try keeping your hair in protective styles for awhile. it was bad at one point for me, and i had to get it all cut down like that Rihanna bob (short in the back and comes down long on the sides in the front) that style really worked for me so i was able to wear my hair down without it looking ridiculous. you may or may not want to go that route though. but to be truly honest, it will not get better just from daily moisturzing, etc, especially if you have splits back there.

my hair looks/looked like that too. one of my stylist trimmed my hair a few months ago, but she didnt really get my nape area, so i keep that area moisturized very well. the best thing to do is, go ahead and trim the damaged area of it off little by little, and try keeping your hair in protective styles for awhile. it was bad at one point for me, and i had to get it all cut down like that Rihanna bob (short in the back and comes down long on the sides in the front) that style really worked for me so i was able to wear my hair down without it looking ridiculous. you may or may not want to go that route though. but to be truly honest, it will not get better just from daily moisturzing, etc, especially if you have splits back there.

I agree. I would go ahead and cut off the damage and have a healthy head of hair.

Back