Trim/dust/cut Check In

Hey ladies,
Here is how much hair I lost since 10/28.IMG_4962.jpeg
img_4961-jpeg.492743
IMG_4956.jpeg

The first is with all the hair from pic 2 and 3 balled up.
The last pic is GROSS but I saw a YouTuber do this to show how much hair she lost and thought it was smart.
My hair is currently in smedium twists and will remain for weeks but I will wash and DC in them. I decided not to do a big cut but trim off my ends little by little in twists and also because this is the style I wore after the blow dry and trim and it was cute so I figure I can make it work with consistency, twists, wigs and no more of those wet brushes. I do want a shower K comb though. I love the front of my hair in the pic below. It was a take down from two cornrows after the trim.

IMG_5067.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4961.jpeg
    IMG_4961.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 176
Hey ladies,
Here is how much hair I lost since 10/28.View attachment 492741
img_4961-jpeg.492743
View attachment 492745

The first is with all the hair from pic 2 and 3 balled up.
The last pic is GROSS but I saw a YouTuber do this to show how much hair she lost and thought it was smart.
My hair is currently in smedium twists and will remain for weeks but I will wash and DC in them. I decided not to do a big cut but trim off my ends little by little in twists and also because this is the style I wore after the blow dry and trim and it was cute so I figure I can make it work with consistency, twists, wigs and no more of those wet brushes. I do want a shower K comb though. I love the front of my hair in the pic below. It was a take down from two cornrows after the trim.

View attachment 492749
That is a good visual. You can absolutely reduce that good moisture retention and gentle detangling.

I got a big trim a few weeks ago but didn’t take any pics. I was ok with the length blow dried because well I went through this back in 2021 but wet and twisted omg it’s collar bone length with medium to large twists. I know in 2 years I will be back but sad that almost 20 years later I’m still not at my goal length. My hair is so so fragile.
I have medium to large size twists in now and the twists barely touch my shoulders that’s how short my hair is.

What I still don’t understand is how when I first started my hair care journey I could trim 1x per year and not have see through hair. Although I probably did my own mini trims.

Last edited:
I finally finished my trim for the end of the year. I took off 1/2". I used my SplitEnder which makes it simple to take off a consistent amount. I think I can keep my ends in good shape and reduce my trims to every 4 months and then just clip splits as I find them in between.

I'm still practising lunar trimming. My goal was to trim yesterday, but I didn't have time. I wanted to get it in before the full moon which was happening at noon. I did it and my ends feel so much better.

I just got a trim today. I thought it was a full moon, but the calendar had the full moon 3 days last week. My hair still bout to grow 2 inches by this time next month.

Don’t mind me. I’m just manifesting…

I just got a trim today. I thought it was a full moon, but the calendar had the full moon 3 days last week. My hair still bout to grow 2 inches by this time next month.

Don’t mind me. I’m just manifesting…
I haven’t been to the salon in a few weeks, so I haven’t been able to do a length check. I know my hair grew those 2 inches though :)

Trimmed my hair today. Despite all of the hoo-haa surrounding lunar trimming it seems to be working well for me for cleaning up my ends.

LHCF_Trim.png

Monthly micro trimming seems to be keeping my ends healthy. The hair on the left is how much I intended to take off. This was my usual amount for a trim session, but I usually don't end up cutting off so much hair. The hair on the right is about the amount that I take off each month for my mico-trims. I think this amount over the course of three months would be a lot less than the amount on the right, but still enough to remove splits and knots.

Dusted my hair a bit after washing yesterday. I twisted my hair today and didn a little more dusting as I went along. My hair feels so much better now.

I micro-trimmed my ends for the Full Moon on Tuesday. I think that I could have done a better job, but it will have to wait until I take down my current set of twists (maybe at the end of next month?)

It’s the full moon, summer solstice root work day. I’m at the salon getting a trim. My crown needs to be shorter than the hemline. I want layers and body.

It’s almost fall equinox. Trim time is coming soon. I can get her to even the back and clean any scraggly areas. Next Saturday is perfect for that. Let me check the trim calendar.

The first time I'd heard about this machine was from one of your posts, back in the day. Glad to see that it's still a staple.

I don't straighten my hair otherwise I'd give it a try.
Yeah, I haven't seen it used much on this board, but looking at their new line it must be a staple for a lot of people since it has been hanging around for a while.

I still haven’t used my split ender. My best friend used it once.
I wish I had known that I would have bought yours. I found mine was broken when I went to trim my hair in June. And after looking at that I trimmed using scissors I knew I would buy a new one. Saves my hair, my ends and my time (lol).

Back