Tried Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango in my cowash this AM and...

Don't throw it away. I "fixed" it by adding oils to it - jojoba, coconut, avocado, etc.. and all of a sudden it went from blah to awesome.

They really messed with the formula of the Lustrasilk cholesterol. I tried a tub a few weeks ago just for old times sake and it was just a runny mess. :nono: To me, cholesterol should be T-H-I-C-K, this stuff was so runny.

Didn't do much for my hair at all. Got mad love for LeKair tho.

Don't throw it away. I "fixed" it by adding oils to it - jojoba, coconut, avocado, etc.. and all of a sudden it went from blah to awesome.

Already gone! Good riddance! :spinning:

They really messed with the formula of the Lustrasilk cholesterol. I tried a tub a few weeks ago just for old times sake and it was just a runny mess. :nono: To me, cholesterol should be T-H-I-C-K, this stuff was so runny.

Didn't do much for my hair at all. Got mad love for LeKair tho.

VERY RUNNY! :wallbash:

Runny?? :perplexed As in watery?

We're using different products or something. The one I use is creamy :yep:

I hope you guys weren't conditioning with this???? .....not that anything's wrong with that but to the ones that brought my thread up I wasn't referring to conditioning with this. The way I use it is as a leave-in styler....like you would use gel or something.

Last edited:
I :love: it! I don't use as a cowash conditioner or a deep conditioner... I use it as a styling creme/conditioner when cornrowing or flat twisting for my bradisout/twistouts and I love how my hair feels when I'm rocking the curly style - soft and fluffy, :lick:

Very true... what works for others won't necessarily work for you. I hate Infusium 23, LeKair cholesterol, to name a few....
That's how I use it.

Maybe some confusion came in along the way because I never used this to actually condition with, it's too watery and no slip. I shampoo, condition or dc then use this as a styler.

I don't like it either. Made my hair feel like blah. I'm going to give it to my sis or something.

:lachen:Just jack up sis, huh? LOL

I hope you guys weren't conditioning with this???? .....not that anything's wrong with that but to the ones that brought my thread up I wasn't referring to conditioning with this. The way I use it is as a leave-in styler....like you would use gel or something.

That's how I use it.

Maybe some confusion came in along the way because I never used this to actually condition with, it's too watery and no slip. I shampoo, condition or dc then use this as a styler.

I knew what you did, Poka, and I did that too for a twistout and my hair felt like a broom. Didn't work for me. Not anything on you :nono:, just the product, mama! :yep: We love you! And your hair! And your tips! You turned me onto my beloved Yes to Carrots & Cucumbers! I am eternally grateful! :D

My hair feels protein-y too when I use it, but I thought that might be because of the coconut oil I add to it. I was thinking of adding EVOO to it for the next wash. I dare not touch honey in this COLD DRY weather we have here.
The reasons I tried it were because though ORS Replenishing Condish left my hair soft and silky afterward, it has cones, and lots of protein. I wanted to slow down on those.
Does anyone know if the Lekair Olive Oil one is any better?

:lachen:Just jack up sis, huh? LOL

I knew what you did, Poka, and I did that too for a twistout and my hair felt like a broom. Didn't work for me. Not anything on you :nono:, just the product, mama! :yep: We love you! And your hair! And your tips! You turned me onto my beloved Yes to Carrots & Cucumbers! I am eternally grateful! :D
Well since your thread said that you co-washed with it and then my name got brought in, lol, i just thought I'd clarify that I do not condition with that stuff and all of the raves on the product were with it being used as a leave-in.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Last edited:
Well since your thread said that you co-washed with it and then my name got brought in, lol, i just thought I'd clarify that I do not condition with that stuff and all of the raves on the product were with it being used as a leave-in.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Sorry if you were offended.

Ive always noticed people over the years either really hate Cholesterol or really LOVE it. It's typically 50/50 just about and never has been an across the board rave product

I personally only have good things to say about it

not this exact brand (havent tried it) but I'm sure any Cholesterol would do for me

I don't use it often anymore but it always was ol' reliable to me and for my daughter's hair too

I didn't like any of the Lustrasilk Cholesterols either. They didn't detanlge, they didn't soften. But I've yet to find a conditioner (besides Pantene R&N Breakage Defense and Joico Moisture Recovery) that really works for my hair...

My hair feels protein-y too when I use it, but I thought that might be because of the coconut oil I add to it. I was thinking of adding EVOO to it for the next wash. I dare not touch honey in this COLD DRY weather we have here.
The reasons I tried it were because though ORS Replenishing Condish left my hair soft and silky afterward, it has cones, and lots of protein. I wanted to slow down on those.
Does anyone know if the Lekair Olive Oil one is any better?

I love this. :yep:

I am transitioning (6 mos post...about 4-5 inches of NG) & the rest of my hair is texlaxed. My hair hates the stuff. That's my 2nd time trying it...same results. Last time I tried it as a pre-poo...TERRIBLE results!

Good thing my hair is resilient and easy to correct! It's wet-bunned with lots of full-strength conditioner in it now (which is what it loves and thrives off of!), but I will be babying it tonight with an oil/ con pre-poo on damp hair under heat, a natural poo & deep con before I do my turkey day hairdo! :)

off topic but 4-5 inches of ng after 6 months??? Nice :yep:

off topic but 4-5 inches of ng after 6 months??? Nice :yep:

Thankies. :) It's been growing 1-2 inches each month, plus I trimmed once in October. Recently, I began taking a mult-vitamin, vitamin C powder & a probiotic in addition to almost constant wet bunning and it grew 2 inches last month. APL, I can almost taste ya!

Back