Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus

This product had changed since this thread was started.

Ingredients the same, but it is lighter in color, creamier and smells differently.

According to the folks that make it (yes I contacted them about it), the "Liquid" Cholesterol (the one in the bottle) is the one we are used to. I also got one of the 5 lb tubs that is the old formula.

I have not really tried the new formula and it may be just as good, but I am not really trying to find out. :)

Does anyone know where I can get the 5lb tub online? Or if you're in Houston do you know of a BSS that has the 5lb tub? The Sally's in my area doesn't carry it.

Thanks,

I just happened to swing by my local Sally's yesterday for more rollers and saw 1 5 lb tub on the clearance rack and grabbed it up. :grin: I love this stuff and I too leave it on sometimes for 2 hrs or more depending on what I'm doing while dcing.

Just used this today for the first time. Not sure what to make of it yet but I love the smell.

Booo not fair, I can't even find it on a shelf at regular price, LOL. I know you happy :grin:
I just happened to swing by my local Sally's yesterday for more rollers and saw 1 5 lb tub on the clearance rack and grabbed it up. :grin: I love this stuff and I too leave it on sometimes for 2 hrs or more depending on what I'm doing while dcing.

Booo not fair, I can't even find it on a shelf at regular price, LOL. I know you happy :grin:

But what sucks is that the clerk said it was on discount cause they will no longer carry the 5lb tubs at that location. Hopefully before that one runs out I'll find another supplier. :yep:

Are all the Lustrasilk conditoners protein or moisture conditoners? I have the tea tree oil and mango/shea butter ones which I plan to use 1x on weds and am using Aphogee 2 min (for protein) on Mondays so I wan't to make sure I'm not overloading on protein!

Are all the Lustrasilk conditoners protein or moisture conditoners? I have the tea tree oil and mango/shea butter ones which I plan to use 1x on weds and am using Aphogee 2 min (for protein) on Mondays so I wan't to make sure I'm not overloading on protein!

Not sure about the Tea Tree but I know the Mango/Shea is moisture. If I were a gambling woman I'd bed they both are moisture. :grin:

One thing that I notice about the conditioner is that it leaves my hair kinda "poofy" (in search od a better word :look:) upon rinse out.

I started doing a final rinse with something that contains silicone and it makes my hair feel sleeker. I think it seals the cuticles better.

I think the lustrasilk gives me great moisture and I need it! But I find that I do need a quick rinse out conditioner for my final rinse. I am currently using Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrater (:lick:, btw) for this. Leave it on for about 2-3 min, while I shower and after I've rinsed out my Lustrasilk.

But that's just me. :) Something about that cholesterol that I need though.

Like i need more hair products but i would like to try this. Two things, first for those who have used lekair cholesteral does this one have the same detangling properties? I am in Toronto Canada is there any ladies who know where I can find this in the Greater Toronto Area?

I'm so upset I have the old formula of Lustrasilk Shea butter Cholesterol, but today I wanted to stock up, so I went to rite aid and when I got home...it was the new formula! Are there any new reviews on the new formula?? I'm wondering if I should just return it and search for the old one at my BSS.

Ummm, not tryin to hate, but i thought this condish was just ok...:ohwell:

*ducking and running back out of thread*

I do not know if it is the "New Formula" that I am liking, or if it is just that I bought mine from Sally's vs. the BSS(can sometimes have old product) - but I am LOVING this as a DC!

I used in '05 (old formula?) and loved it until I got a hold of a bad batch, and then I switched to DPR-11.

They've since changed their formula (DRP-11) so in July I bought some Shea Butter plus, and I love it! It's better than I remember actually.

I hope that you find success with it, I know that I love it. I don't mix it with anything, and I find the smell pleasant. I use it 2-3 times per week.

I do not know if it is the "New Formula" that I am liking, or if it is just that I bought mine from Sally's vs. the BSS(can sometimes have old product) - but I am LOVING this as a DC!

I used in '05 (old formula?) and loved it until I got a hold of a bad batch, and then I switched to DPR-11.

They've since changed their formula (DRP-11) so in July I bought some Shea Butter plus, and I love it! It's better than I remember actually.

I hope that you find success with it, I know that I love it. I don't mix it with anything, and I find the smell pleasant. I use it 2-3 times per week.

Thanks for your response, I guess I'll give it a try :)

Back