Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Thanks for the B-Day Wishes nothing like getting older to force you to put things in perspective. I really dont know what go into me but oh well its almost done now. I may just tell my sister not to cut the last half inch so I can still hang out in this thread gilt free.

I'll be back with some cell phone pics shortly. About to strech with some culformers then do a twistout for the night out with friends.

@daviine - I didnt have cutting shears until a two months ago and look what happened. Let those things stay in the store if you know whats good for you!!

Last edited:
I have one of those clear pocket thingies which is why I don't lose my jewelry (that I never wear lol). Maybe I need something similar for hair accessories. I don't know. There's something fun abotu tossing headbands into a big container but not so fun when looking for it. But, I love the idea of just pulling out the jewelry organizer and being able to see exactly what you have....hmmm (inset smiley here that scratches his chin).

Since my husband is about to be the only one working, I see his concern...but I'm trying to get everything I need because I don;t want to have to ask him to buy me hair products.

I, too, want to be organized when I grow up....I wonder when that will be.

I know what you mean about jazzing up your look while transitioning. In fact, yesterday I went to Sephora and explained to the girls there (one was black) that I'm transitioning, I don;t wear make up but I want to do the no-makeup look. I left with a $48 tube of what is a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I'm not even sure what it is. :lol: And that's what prompted the money talk this morning.

Anyway, the black girl, told me she transitioned in 2005/2006 and that those were the hardest years. She realized though that it is important to go to the salon every 2-3 weeks in order to transition successfully. She then told me that her stylist had to train her natural hair to grow. Somn like that. Definitely not Niko's cousin. (After she gave me her advice, she passed me off to the lady who sold me the $48 tube). But that's another story. :lol:

Later I'll come back and tell you a not-so-interesting story about a comment my cousin made to me yesterday.

I'm sorry, but whatt??? :lachen:

I just toss my scarves and headbands into a huge container. I need a better way to organize them as well.
I'm watching youtube videos now to find some ideas and saw the hanger and shower hook idea. I'm going to the dollar store after work to pick some hooks up and doing that tonight.

MsDee14 said:
I'm sorry, but whatt??? :lachen:

I just toss my scarves and headbands into a huge container. I need a better way to organize them as well.
I'm watching youtube videos now to find some ideas and saw the hanger and shower hook idea. I'm going to the dollar store after work to pick some hooks up and doing that tonight.

Yes. I definitely stopped listening around that point. I know my face usually mirrors my feelings so I'm wondering if that's why she passed me off... Lol.

I was in the mood to buy organizational things today... Hmmm...

I dont know what's going on but I had the urge to cut the thin ends on my ponytail. I was in the shower cowashing and I felt the bulk of my hair and then those nasty ends so I cut about an inch off. I'm pretty sure that I'll be fully natural by October.

Attachments

• image-2199714983.jpg
    image-2199714983.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 31
I want to BC so bad but I'm kinda scared to :lol:. I'm only a few months post but its starting to drive me nuts already :nono:. I did a ACV rinse after I washed today and my hair felt sooooo much better.

RemyRem....did you use the SM Smoothie? Isnt the moisture retention a shampoo? Also what is the coconut souffle? Sounds yummy...is it a moisturizer or a styling product. LOL @ misplacing accessories...I do the same thing with mine as well as my jewelry. I have a big basket in my bathroom with them in there, but you will also find them in my car and in my nightstand...and the kitchen counter...and the couch cushions at times LOL.
Have you tried mizoutlet? Im about to order some stuff from there, its so cheap! Im looking for a place online to find those beanie hats cheap. I cant wear them to work bc Im a nurse but Ill be rocking them on my days off for sure!

daviine I totally get that! One thing that helps me is I look on youtube at people who chopped at 6 and 9 months and see how short their hair was and know Id be unhappy so that keeps me under control. I have a big head and long face and I just dont think I wear super short hair well.
Seems like about 15 months is going to be my minimum transition and 18 months to 2 years max.

PS I saw a thread called something like "I cant go out without my headband" yesterday and I chuckled bc I thought it might have been your post lol. I almost tagged you in the thread lol. Speaking of headbands, mizoutlet.com has some cute ones and they are only a dollar!

Leslie_C yeah I definitely meant Restorative Conditioner smh..I messed up lol I poo'd with Moisture Retention though lol Coconut Souffle supposed to be a light moisturizing hairdress, I just got it like 2 weeks ago and still seeing how it works on my hair b/c i was in need of a moisturizer and I wanted to see if it worked. Looked at MizOutlet omg everything is so cheap and cute too!:spinning:

Joining! :) 24 weeks post and will be transitioning until my natural hair is at least SL. Not sure exactly how many inches that is but I know I'm going to rid the relaxed ends when I'm ready but it's definitely inevitable because I'm done relaxing.

Finished my wash day process, it was cool. I am in 2 pigtails until tomorrow when I braid it back up for the week. Or maybe I will go to a week permanent bun....who knows. I will let yall know once I know LOL

PinkSunshine77 said:
Joining! :) 24 weeks post and will be transitioning until my natural hair is at least SL. Not sure exactly how many inches that is but I know I'm going to rid the relaxed ends when I'm ready but it's definitely inevitable because I'm done relaxing.

PinkSunshine77 welcome! My last relaxer was the first week of february...sounds like we are at the same point in our transition.

I'm still transitioning too. My last texlax was August 22, 2008. I don't trim my ends but I do an S+D every now and then. I believe in 'lead hairs' where your other strands will to try to grow and catchup to your leade hairs (which explains V shapes that even out into U shapes, etc.) so I don't do regular trims.

Yes, I'm a slow grower - I am only now grazing APL and have learned that my hair loves moisture and to be left alone. All of that manipulation I was doing when I first decided to transition really stunted my growth! I will cut my hair when I get to my goal length of mid-back. Transitoning w/o BCing IS possible! :yep:

I'm so discouraged with this hair and this journey. I guess it's a good thing I don't know how to relax my own hair or have scissors here.

I washed my hair twice this week. I notice it looks better. It makes since, due to all the conditioner and styling gel I use daily. Washing once a week, incuding co washing wasn't helping.

I have been really over the transitioning thing this week and almost relaxed. I snapped out of it and just got my hair straightened today. Tomorrow I will be 13 months posts. I really need to learn how to style my hair. I have a few relaxed ends left. The shrinkage is crazy.

I just bought a wig. :yay: Don't know if I have the nerve to wear it. I told my husband it was for emergencies--- like to the supermarket and bad hair days. :look:

I am 1 month shy of 1 full year of transitioning. I am in kinky twists right now but was curious to know how much my hair has grown. Sooo I plucked out some hairs from different areas of my head and am pleased with the growth. I have about 5in in the back and sides but only like 3 inches in the front. On my crown I have a patch that has only grown about 2 inches and one very small area that is either breaking or not growing at all. It's like 1 inch, at best, there. Overall, I'm happy with my progress so far. :yup: I can't believe I've made it this far!

daviine said:
I just bought a wig. :yay: Don't know if I have the nerve to wear it. I told my husband it was for emergencies--- like to the supermarket and bad hair days. :look:

I understand how u feel! Some women make wigs look natural and so pretty but I just don't know if I have the nerve. I told my husband that I saw a woman wearing a very pretty, natural looking wig. He was giving me the side eye and said "you're not planning on getting a wig are u?" Ummm, I guess not... *Sigh*

Sigh! I have sooooo much to catch up on ladies! I'm trying to get the hang of motherhood, but it's exhausting. I can't wait until DS sleeps through the night.

Anywho, I'm suffering from quite a bit of breakage and I think it's because I went a little over 2 weeks without detangling my hair. I've just been so tired and so busy! I washed last week and lost a lot of hair. It was matting at the demarcation line. I'm not really all that disappointed at the thinning though. Those relaxed ends will have to go some time. I'm going to dampen my hair with water, oil, and shea butter tonight and plait it for a braidout tomorrow. I'm going to my little cousin's 8th birthday party.

The only wigs I've ever worn were for Halloween. So I'm def not comfortable but DH already took the wig, wore it, made fun of it, and so I'm not sure if I'm ever going to wear it.

Leslie_C Yay a Transitioning buddy already. That's great, so far so good. I've become the Queen of the twist out in my mind. I've finally perfected it.

Last edited:
Slept last night doing an ojon treatment. I need a good pampering today to get my spirits back to itself. Mean while, I hope I love Ojon. It smells really good and made my hair so soft!

Has anyone found a good deep conditioner that makes your hair feel really soft, or conditioner with slip that helps you comb through the two textures?

Meemee6223 said:
Has anyone found a good deep conditioner that makes your hair feel really soft, or conditioner with slip that helps you comb through the two textures?

I have been using Redken All Soft...I use it as a DC and it makes my hair so soft

Anything that has dimethicone high in the ingredient list usually works for me. When I need to glide through my hair I use herbal essences ltr or hello hydration.

Meemee6223 said:

I use Aussie Moist. It works really really well

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (mixed with a little oil)
Aubrey Organics White Camellia
Jane Carter Replenishing Conditioner

@Leslie_C Yay a Transitioning buddy already. That's great, so far so good. I've become the Queen of the twist out in my mind. I've finally perfected it.

Share your secret tot he perfect twistout! Ive abandoned it for now bc mine never came out good enough to wear down lol. Id have to put it in a puff or pinup.

Silk Elements Mixed Silk has a lot of slip and does a good job. My old faithful ORS Replenishing conditioner does a good job at slip and softness too.

Back