• Fighting the urge to BC NOW

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • When reach specific length goal

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Other/Combination

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I plan on transitioning until my natural hair is the length you see in my siggy. That's the "plan" but who knows how I'll feel. I won't cut along the way, only trim ends as needed, again, the "plan"

Well unlike everyone else here .. I plan to bc quite soon. Im not scared of short hair... to me the sooner the better. So i chose Other/ Combination because i'm fighting the urge to cut it now . I'm one month post in two days and i have no noticeable growth lol So im going to wait until Jan 30th to cut , I should have at least an inch by then.

I have no patience for transitioning longer than 5 months
and then I go back and forth with doing this also.. At times I just wanna be natural now. I think if I do choose to go this route, I would like to BC at the top of the year and just stay in braids until its long enough to do different things with my hair.

decisions decisions...

I plan on transitioning for at least a year but I'm not sure when I will cut the relaxed ends. This is the longest my hair has ever been(apl) and I really don't want to get rid of the length so soon. I may transition for 2 or 3 years, after the first year I will decide.

ETA: I chose cut gradually

It keeps changing. My three choices are 18 months, 24 months, or until I can get a nice sized pony tail or bun

Last edited:
Ooooh Im fighting the urge to chop this mess off! The front is earlength, and the back is grazing APL. In between is just a hot mess!! My last relaxer was around the end of Feb, And i Have about 3 inches of NG. But im just gonna fight through it, wear protective styles, and make sure i moisturize, seal and cowash weekly. Just gonna keep my reggie simple and make it though the maddness. When I can get my hair evenly to APL ill probably chop the relaxed ends off then.

:wave: I'm currently 22 months post and fighting the urge to BC!!! I cut gradually throughout my transition so I probably only have about two inches to cut :ohwell:

i will be transitioning for a while... once i get to APL i will start trimming regularly until my natural hair is that length stretched.

I could've checked a few of these! Fighting the urge to BC now!

I am 11.85" long total, and of that 3.5" is new growth. My goal is to long term transition over 2-3 years, cutting relaxed ends off once I am all natural SL-APL at minimum. I will also trim about every 3-4 months, just a dusting...about 1/4-1/2 inch.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Some days I want to cut it off and start where the new growth begins, currently I'm half and half and I don't want to see the length go away. Although it's in protective styles, I secretly like knowing that it's long and hiding.

I guess I'm so unsure because I have cut my hair so many times before supposedly letting it grow out and I always mess it up...what's that saying about insanity...lol:spinning:
This time I want different results so I'm going to try something different.:yep:

I will start trimming gradually after my relaxed ends reach waist length, then grow all my natural hair to HL (god willing, lol).

I plan to gradually trim/cut, so I will be a long term transitioner. I'm not fighting the urge to chop, I'm fighting the urge to relax :ohwell:. I'm not loving this new growth at the moment. The ng in the front is not what's hot, but I somewhat like that in the back. So what do I do? I hold on as long as I can and hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

At first i was planning to bc at the minimum of 2 years, so i'll be around shoulde length hopefully with my natural hair, but now i might just wait 3 years, but i never know whats gonna happen so i'll just have to wait and see.

I am going to just keep trimming and gaining length. Whenever the texlaxed ends are gone, they are gone. I am more interested in not relaxing and reaching my goals rather than being "natural".

I've transitioned for about 6 months already. Because my hair was semi short to begin with I cut it back into a pixie in August, removing as much of the relaxed hair as possible from the nape upward while maintaining the shape. I was going to do the bc when I first decided not to relax anymore but have since changed my mind, I cut my hair super short back in November of 2007 so I'm kinda missing my long hair. I'm letting it grow out and trimming any straight pieces that stick out.

I have a minimum time period of a year to decide. I am not liking the twists on me because I look juvenile. I do, however, think being a strait haired natural appeals to me because my hair is growing better and retaining length better since I stopped relaxing. I am digging my thickness and I no longer have to fear not being able to style my hair.:lachen:

I have the same plan as you OP. Technically, that means I should be cutting gradually from now. I plan on doing a trim on Sunday which will be 1 year post relaxer.

I have the same plan as you OP. Technically, that means I should be cutting gradually from now. I plan on doing a trim on Sunday which will be 1 year post relaxer.

I can see myself getting to BSL, getting length stingy, and deciding not to start cutting lol..... are you having any apprehensions?

I plan to do my big chop in December! Yaaaay!
December will be a year for me plus I want to do it on my b'day!!
I have been itching to cut but I am going to wait!

I don't have a BC date set per se but I am trimming gradually. I'll probably keep my hair at a blunt cut SL which it's currently in. When I decided to transition I trimmed off a few inches taking me from APL to SL, I figured it would be easier to manage the two textures at a shorter length. So I'll most likely keep my hair this lenght so as it grows I will trim......I am completely anal about thin ends and will NOT have them on my head so yes I'll gradually trim. If it changes I'll let you ladies know. HHG

+1
It keeps changing. My three choces are 18 months, 24 months, or until I can get a nice sized pony tail or bun

+1. I am aiming for 24 months, nothing longer

Back