too tired to do your hair..

alyn308

Hi Ladies!

My name is Alyn308, I'm a newbie and I have a question/problem.

I can't stick to a regimen...I co-own my own bussiness and have an extremely busy schedule...by the time I get home at night my pillow is calling my name and I have no energy.I've been trying to set aside a little time every few days to focus on my hair, but I'm not having much luck.

How do you guys make time for your hair?

Are there ever times when you just don't feel like doing your hair.. When you've been at work/school all day and don't have the energy?

What do you guys do when your too tired to do your hair?

Hi Ladies!

My name is Alyn308, I'm a newbie and I have a question/problem.

I can't stick to a regimen...I co-own my own bussiness and have an extremely busy schedule...by the time I get home at night my pillow is calling my name and I have no energy.I've been trying to set aside a little time every few days to focus on my hair, but I'm not having much luck.

How do you guys make time for your hair?

Are there ever times when you just don't feel like doing your hair.. When you've been at work/school all day and don't have the energy?

What do you guys do when your too tired to do your hair?

I just wait until I'm up to it, ive done all kind of short cuts and lazy ways to make it through those days. Sometimes you just gotta push and do it tired before it ends up jacked up for good though LOL

For me the longer it gets the quicker it is to style. I condition in the morning during my shower, air dry while I'm getting dressed and french roll. My french rolls only take 3 hair pins and 1 minute to do.

At night I usually shower/condition wash, bun and put a head scarf on.

The only time I style is saturday nights for church (maybe).

I'm always too tired to do my hair, that's why it's shorter at the moment. And now that it's shorter, I wash it, put it in a low puff, and leave it that way for a week. In the am all I have to do it spritz the edges brush down and that's it.

When i'm too tired to look at or even think about my hair I put it away. I braid it and leave it for an extended amount of time or I wear the same damn pigtail thati've been wearing for the last 3 weeks!!

My hair is a priority...I MAKE time to do it. Nothing and no one (especially my lazy SELF) will stand between me and healthy, long hair!

Yeah, I have been there. I had to get my hair braided for one particularly crazy time in my life.

I get sick of braids though. So, like Irresistible, I have my shortcuts. Some time it is just wearing my hair up most of the time and just making sure I keep it moist. I ALWAYS take the time to tie it down and moisturize it because that saves me time in the morning. I love my Flexi-8 clips because I can just put my hair up with on in the morning and keep it moving and have that cute touch to it.

I think at a minimum, I give my self these rules during crazy time. If I am not up for getting braids, which have come through for me in wondrous ways, I will wash and deep condition it at least once every 2 weeks. Moisturize it and tie it down at night. And wear it up ALL of the time so I don’t have to spend time styling.

At one point I got so busy, that I just stopped deep conditioning. I am relaxed and I NEED it to keep my hair in preferred condition. My hair started acting out after not deep conditioning for about 3 months.

So now I go ahead and take 15-20 min to do it. If anything it is a moment for me to stop and take a break and think about my schedule or goals or whatever. You can get a lot of paperwork done, coupons clipped, bills paid, goals listed, and email checked while sitting under the dryer. :yep:

Also, I actually schedule my hair time. It is on my schedule just like all my other tasks. I have heard of some ladies who said that putting hair tasks on a calendar is too much work for them. But when your schedule is overloaded as a whole, you gotta do something to keep all aspects of your life in order.

Last edited:
I'm in a sew-in, right now.

I've talked myself into believing that I'm rockin a Goddess weave because I want to hide my hair while transitioning and give my hair a rest and :blah:...but, that's a fresh lie!:grin:

I'm just feeling EXTRA lazy these days.

Braid it up or make the time to do it.

I agree with the cap and go methods, washing in the shower, buns, wash n gos, french rolls all of those are very easy and fast.

How often are you trying to wash and style your hair? Try to do styles that can last you to your next wash, like roller sets.

I work 3 12 hour shifts in a row and when I get home all I can usually think about is the bed. I either put my hair in twists or coils the day before I start my work days or I do a wash n go every morning and baggy at night. I'm about to just be in twists for now though.

I usually moisturise and seal at night before I put my satin cap on but if i am really tired, I'll skip the moisturising and oiling and do it the next morning but I never forget the satin cap regardless of how tired I am. I keep it under my pillow so I never forget it.

wash and go
i'm too tired to doing anything else to it right now and these little people(kids) around here don't allow me to do too much to myself anyway. thank God they let me go to the bathroom!LOL!

Heres a few things that have worked for me in the past

Use a stain bonnet at night so my hiar isn't all rough in the morning.
Braidouts. I braid my hiar while watching tv. In the morning take them out and finger style.
Rollerset hair on the weekends and pincurl at night to keep teh curls in.

Now that I'm natural I have tons of headbands. It holds my hair back and makes it look presentable. If my hiar is straight I wrap it at night or backcomp and put metal clips to lock into place. A wash n go is great also.

Back