Do you ever get tired of doing your hair?

Yep. Thats why I wear wigs and phony ponies to work. My co-workers may get tired of seeing me in them....but my hair is not rubbing on my clothes and its well protected until winter.

Yes I do and today is a perfect example I was going to get it done today but dread the week coming. I still need to get it done, maybe Monday, but then again Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be busy. If I can wait until Thursday that would be nice. Hmmmmm Seems so far away. LOL

I am. I feel like my hair is too thick. I can do much less to my hair ( no CWs ...) but I have to have regular protein or henna treatments or else my hair starts splitting.

Yes I do this is why I bouce back n forth from sew in to kinky twist. This one of the reasons I have been in the hide your hair challenge and only exposed my hair on two times since Jan.

yes, i am tired of it right now, lol!

and all i've done is keep my dc in since last night....so when even rinsing off the dc gets tiresome, ya know you're tired of doing your hair!

i think this dc might just end up staying on until tomorrow......

I never get tired of doing my hair. This is the longest my hair has ever been, so I love playing in it. It's relaxing "me" time.

Now I do get lazy with styling. This works in my favor since my lazy hairstyle is a protective bun.

I'm with Vonnieluvs08. Pampering my hair (washing, dcing, moisturizing etc;) is therapeutic to me. I love to spend time treating my hair which is why I want more of it lol! and whenever I get hair lazy I just think of the end goal of reaching waist length on time

Styling is another story though lol. I dread flat ironing in the summer. I don't like the idea of spending over an hour on my hairstyle and it might not even come out right. But this works for me since I protective style a lot anyway

Hell yeah. I hate having put all this effort in for the past two years, only to still not be at APL :wallbash:. I mean, why the heck even bother anymore? I guess some people just aren't meant to have long hair :(

YES! I just told my dh yesterday that I see why ladies BC. I feel like my reggie is too lengthy between, pre-poo, poo, steaming, etc, etc etc. If I could achieve nice results in record time, it wouldn't be so bad. I need to streamline my process before it drives me to drink.

Not really. I guess I'm so laid back with my hair that I never do anything I don't feel like doing so that whenever I'm messing with my hair, it's actually a relaxing and fun venture. I stop when I feel like stopping, whether I've completed the task at hand or not. I wear hats and wraps a lot so they help me go about the day with half done hair. Usually I do my hair while watching TV and that distraction seems to make time fly.

The only time I remember having to stop working on my head to rest my arms was when I have been trying out a new way to tie a headwrap and it just wasn't working. But that's the wrap. My hair, no. My regimen is almost non-existent (plastic cap on, plastic cap off most days of the week); 15 minutes at most from shampoo to ACV rinse (30 on weekends). And about 5 minutes to style if I'm bothering with it usually takes 5 minutes and then I wear the style for most of the week, so no styling necessary daily.

I still enjoy doing my hair, but I have noticed that I do less and less. I used to co-wash every day and now I DC & rollerset once a week. Its just too much hair and I don't have the time like I used to. But I do enjoy doing my hair and find it quite therapeutic. I'm currently under the dryer and that task takes 90 minutes now LOL Oh well

Yes. I diy primarily coz most stylists these days don't seem to be experienced with or exposed to superkinky hair but if I found a good stylist I'd be happy to turn over some of the work to him/her.

I was bald before. Best dayum hairstlye in the WORLD!! I just let the shower beat on my head in the morning, white the towel over it, throw a lil grease on it, brush across my scalp 2 or 3 times and go! :lol:

I loved it!

Hmm well that does sound awesome LOL
If you end up cutting it at least sell your hair to us so we can weave it up

Yes! Watching TV or DVDs or Youtube videos or being on LHCF makes the process more pleasurable & allows me not to focus on the time factor, though.

i love washing my hair, but when it's time to retwist, i don't like pinning my hair down with the clips. it seems to take longer. sometimes i want to go to a loctician but i am too scared that something bad might happen or my hair might be judged. i don't want anyone discouraging my DIY progress.

I started growing my hair during my 1L year & at the time it was very relaxing and helped me relieve stress. Going into my third year of hair growing and being in my third year of law school, I'd honestly rather being doing other things with my time. So, yes, I am tired of my hair right now.

Not really..but I dont do much to my hair on a daily basis..I wash on Fridays...co wash on Mondays and Wednesday...I only actually do my hair on cowash days..and my styling is easy..separate in 4 plaits..add my leave in and use gel..the other days I just rinse and shake ...if I had to do more to my hair I'd hate it...not only am I style challenged..I'm also lazy as (you know what LOL)...

All the time, which is why I hardly ever do my hair, I like to do styles I can maintain for at least a week.

Yes, which is really why I'm going to try and go back to washing once a week. I just don't want to be bothered with my hair during the week. The only thing that gets me is that my hair starts to feel kinda dirty by like day 4 and I almost always get the urge to wash mid week. I also think that washing/cowashing is too much manipulation for my relaxed hair. I use to wet bun in the summer, and I think my hair does better w/ being partially dried under the dryer or rollersetted.

DEFINITELY. I've never been good with handling hair period, so now doing my own is sometimes a little tiring for me.

Back