To the ladies who are relaxed and use MTG

DangerouslyShy

I know ya'll are tired of hearing about MTG...

lol I just want to know how long before I get a relaxer should I stop using it?

My newgrowth is acting a full its so thick...Im afraight to comb it...lol...I got a relaxer in March I believe...I was going to do a six month stretch but there is NO WAY that I will be making that stretch with all this newgrowth...

so do you stop using it before you relax, if so how long before...?

TIA:grin:

DShy,
I stopped when I wasn't confident I could manage my newgrowth. Whick was about 8 weeks. Instead of retouching I got individuals I'm trying to make 12 weeks.

I stopped two weeks before today (June 1). I was not sure how it would react to the relaxer.

I stopped about a week and a half before I relaxed my hair (which I did today). There were no ill effects. I'm only wondering how soon I should start using it AFTER my relaxer.

What do you ladies think? My hair was getting sooooo hard to manage when I was using the MTG: I started after 4 weeks of relaxing and applied it every five days for only two weeks. In other words-I didn't do alot of applications. I'm thinking that I'm gonna wait 2 WEEKS before I start again.

I apply a few days before and I don't wash within a week to a week and a half of a relaxer. My hair seems to do better dirty when it comes to layin the grass down (relaxing)... :perplexed :look: Tell ya what though.... MTG smells just like Dax (tar grease).... there was a company upstate (I think Philadelphia or Delaware) called Alphonso's. OMG they had some products that could grow some hurr. I haven't seen or used anything from them in about 15 years... wonder if they're still around... :ohwell:

sistawithsumthin, if they're like me.... it's probly just cause we're skurred to walk up in there with soo much mess on our hair! lol Can ya imagine sitting down with aaaaaaaaall this stuff on your hair..... then when the relaxer touches it *BOOM* :lachen: Just tryin to avoid the mushroom cloud. j/k (pardon my sadistic humor) :lol:

Back