To text him or not??

yokoyokogirl

Cute, interesting new guy. We've texted a few times and emailed a bunch. He has a usual 9-5 shift.

I sent him a text yesterday that said "Sorry I fell asleep the other night, Hope u have a great day!" (We were texting on skype...he types mad slow, I fell asleep) He sent me a text reply, "Wassup! No problem. You too! See ya!"

That's it. We have a coffee date for the 24th. I'm wondering if I should text him back or wait for him to text me. I don't want to look desperate. But I am. LOL. He's too funny!:yep:

Aww girl, you broke up w/ that cute guy you were w/? Too bad.

I don't go for conventional wisdom....text him. If you don't ask in life, you don't get. Why be alone cuz of some dumb rules written by lonely women and/or multi divorcees? :giggle: Have fun, you only live once. Be safe...be smart!

I would text him..."hello...just checking in. How's your week going? I'm looking forward to our coffee date..." or something like that. :yep:

I don't see why you can't text him back. It was just the end of that conversation. It's not like he said he would text/call you later and never did...If you feel uncomfortable, wait awhile until that day of your coffee date gets nearer. If he hasn't text you by then send him one text saying something like "can't wait to see you on (insert day of week)" or "looking forward to our date on (insert day of week)".

ETA: Since you are texting though, I wouldn't hesitate. Texting, to me, is not a very intimate form of communication and therefore leaves a smaller window of opportunity to look clingy/desperate...Unless you psycho text him. Don't.do.that.

Last edited:
Since he texted you last, I think it's okay to text him to show interest. But I would let him send the majority of the texts.

Aww girl, you broke up w/ that cute guy you were w/? Too bad.

Hahahaha seriously...:lachen::lachen:are u talking about my gay cheating ex who proposed (and begged) for us to "stay together" after admitting he had been dicking down married black men all along???? Surely you don't mean him????

I may give this new guy a text or not.

I would not text back. I go about my daily business accepting his well wishes. He WILL text again it's just a matter of When.

It was on the news this morning that people now text more than they call.

Oh I believe it! :yep:

And I know some folks don't care, but for a man that wants to get with me, we're not going anywhere unless he picks up the phone and calls me for a date.

But the OP might not care either way... so if she's cool with it, I'm cool. Just had to throw my 2 cents in there!

I think texting while dating is cool but if we are beyond that stage he needs to be calling/verbally communicating with me...but I so hate texting personally...

anywho...subject at hand...I say it wouldn't hurt to text say I was just thinking about you...hows your day...my day is going great is yours...or do an icebreaker...

Are ya'll communicating other than skype though? are you conversing on the telephone at all? if not...might have more going on then he's leading you to believe...no way I can go out on a date and we haven't spoken verbally at least once...but thats just me...folks getting married off of internet and stuff so I'm probably considered old school...

I think texting while dating is cool but if we are beyond that stage he needs to be calling/verbally communicating with me...but I so hate texting personally...

anywho...subject at hand...I say it wouldn't hurt to text say I was just thinking about you...hows your day...my day is going great is yours...or do an icebreaker...

Are ya'll communicating other than skype though? are you conversing on the telephone at all? if not...might have more going on then he's leading you to believe...no way I can go out on a date and we haven't spoken verbally at least once...but thats just me...folks getting married off of internet and stuff so I'm probably considered old school...

It's funny because I'm old school, but I'm ALL for Internet dating! :lol: I love hearing stories of folks who met on the Internet and got married!

Everything else, yeah, texting is fine while dating... I do it all the time. I agree though that I need to hear your voice at some point between the first meeting and the first date.

As for the icebreaker text, you could do that if you like. I would just keep it light though.

Are you sure he text slow or is he otherwise occupied?

I texted him. He sent a msg back that he was really busy at work for the holidays. (He works for DHL) We haven't hat a date yet--but have one scheduled for next wk. He sent a long email to me tho later after that text.

We haven't talked on the phone but once cause well it is expensive to do so in Japan and texting between our carriers is free.

I dunno why I was getting "more than a friend" vibes from his email but now feeling like "naw nothings there"...:perplexed

I texted him. He sent a msg back that he was really busy at work for the holidays. (He works for DHL) We haven't hat a date yet--but have one scheduled for next wk. He sent a long email to me tho later after that text.

We haven't talked on the phone but once cause well it is expensive to do so in Japan and texting between our carriers is free.

I dunno why I was getting "more than a friend" vibes from his email but now feeling like "naw nothings there"...:perplexed

Thanks for explaining the issue in Japan! :) That changes things a bit.

Now though, I'm agreeing with you that it might not be nothing there (yet... just see what happens). I'd get bored if too long passed between the first meeting and the date and we didn't see each other, so hopefully the date happens soon!

I'm glad you did it. At least you have an idea and can move on. Too many women sit around wondering about what's in some man's mind. Ask and if you get no answer/dislike the answer, go on 'bout yo biz. Life's too short.

First I'm glad you text him and with him sending that email you know where you stand and what to do next...Your first instinct is the one to follow. Go on your date and just have fun!

It's funny because I'm old school, but I'm ALL for Internet dating! :lol: I love hearing stories of folks who met on the Internet and got married!

Everything else, yeah, texting is fine while dating... I do it all the time. I agree though that I need to hear your voice at some point between the first meeting and the first date.

As for the icebreaker text, you could do that if you like. I would just keep it light though.

I love hearing about them too! Especially the girl who searched for people with the same names as her and ended up meeting a guy on FB who had the same name and they got married! How cool is that...but anywho...

I think I don't like it much because I'm more of I need to hear/see type of person because I'm good with voices/body language/habits. I definitely encourage friends that do it but me I've tried awhile back and its too many married men still looking for love and folks that hide other issues. Hell I have the myspace, FB and online dating queens for sisters....:lachen: whenever they tell me about dates and stuff I just sit there looking:perplexed because they don't seperate their emotions from it...they be crying over status messages and stuff or be e-fighting girls...I'm like :ohwell:...lol...but they :rolleyes: at me...:lachen:

Last edited:
Hahahaha seriously...:lachen::lachen:are u talking about my gay cheating ex who proposed (and begged) for us to "stay together" after admitting he had been dicking down married black men all along???? Surely you don't mean him????

I may give this new guy a text or not.

sorry to hear that:ohwell:

I personally dont care about the texting , 3 days, and other stupid rules. as long as I don't come off desperate, its all good :drunk:

Back