To say YES or not to say YES!

*~Mocha~*

Hey,

I am new here( finally)

my BF and I have been talking about making it offical. Since we already have a baby we decided we are pretty much out of the traditional loop. We are planning to get married since its long over due. So he is planning a proposal ( no surprise there) he asked me to pick out the ring I would like and he'll purchase it and make the night special. Im ok with that..

I cant seem to decide if it would like a solitaire princess cut 1carat. Or 1 Carat ring with diamonds all around it and a smaller stone and all together the ring would equal the 1carat as opposed to the 1carat stone..

any thoughts? or stores?

First off congrats! :grin:

Your choice of engagement should really be up to you hun :yep: I think that a solitare is simple, yet timeless. A halo around a smaller center stone can give the illusion of a bigger stone. Both choices would be nice. Despite what advice you get here...only you will be the one wearing it ring.

Check out www.pricescope.com they have alot of info about e-rings. There's a thread specifically for 1 ct rings.

Last edited:
I like solitaires.

In general, 1 carat solitaire is worth more than several stones that total 1 carat.

Instead of thinking weight and price, which one do you think looks better? What is more important to you?

I thought this thread would be about whether or not you wanted to marry him. :lachen:

Whatever the ring type, CONGRATS!!!

Hey,

I am new here( finally)

my BF and I have been talking about making it offical. Since we already have a baby we decided we are pretty much out of the traditional loop. We are planning to get married since its long over due. So he is planning a proposal ( no surprise there) he asked me to pick out the ring I would like and he'll purchase it and make the night special. Im ok with that..

I cant seem to decide if it would like a solitaire princess cut 1carat. Or 1 Carat ring with diamonds all around it and a smaller stone and all together the ring would equal the 1carat as opposed to the 1carat stone..

any thoughts? or stores?

I actually like the diamond clusters better. (If it's diamond not diamond dust)

Congrats. Just think about what is important to you and everything will follow. Do you trust your boyfriend's judgement? He might pick out a beautiful ring himself. I'm so happy for you.

Back