To Brush or Not to Brush my Baldie?!??

GrowinLonger

OK- So, it's been 3weeks since I shaved my head completely bald (http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=381824) and I feel like I have an oppty to give every strand of my hair the very best care from here on out. But now that I have enough hair to actually brush (boar bristle). I'm a little worried about causing splits...

Do you ladies think I should brush my hair regularly (after I've applied an oil mixture to my scalp)? It seems to help the oils (peppermint, rosemary, olive, castor) penetrate my scalp better. Or will it do more harm than good?

i just cut my hair off again and i brush like a crazy person. brushing with a natural boar bristle brush is fine, helps distribute oils, and very stimulating to the scalp. it won't do any harm. now when your hair reaches an inch or more, your are going to have to start laying off the the excessive brushing. i plan on keeping my hair this way for a long time. it is so easy and i can focus on other things. i got a lot going on and growing my hair isn't on my to do list anymore.

I didn't use a brush because I was afraid of it, lol. If I wanted my hair to lay flat, I'd just wrap a silk scarf around it.

Back