• 3-6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 months to a 1 year

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 1+ year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

itismehmmkay

So, you get engaged, then get formally married in front of the judge, then get pronounced married by the pastor in front of family.

How long would you wait b/w the two?

I don't know if I get the question...a marriage license just says you are allowed to marry, so if you get one you aren't married, if the judge marries you then you are legally married, then doing it with the pastor is tertiary.

Do you mean how long would you wait between a civil union and a church ceremony?

Ohok, I guess that's a good question. I thought you had to be formally married by the judge before being formally married by the pastor. But is it either or??

You must obtain a license to marry prior to the actual marriage (be it by a judge or pastor). Some may choose to go to city hall to get married, but even in that scenario, you still have to purchase a marriage license before saying "I do".

Where I live, you have ninety days to use the license once purchased (i.e. you have ninety days to get married). If that ninety days runs out with no marriage, you must go get another license.

Oh ok, so the license is just to say you can get married, but a judge doesn't have to formally marry you. See, good to know.

Back