Three years natural! **yes I added pictures **

BostonMaria

Hello ladies -

September 23rd marked my 3rd year anniversary! Woot woot! I have LOTS of pictures to post. For those that want to know my regimen I posted it on my blog - click here.

To make a long story short, my last relaxer was November 30, 2006. I decided to transition to natural February 2007. I finally did the BC September 2007 after 10 months of transitioning. I had close to 5 inches of new growth and couldn't even put it into a ponytail. Below are the pictures with a description.

October 2007
Oct4.jpg

November 2007
Nov3.jpg

February 2008
Feb4.jpg

July 2008
July2.jpg

February 2009
Dsc07603.jpg

December 2009

I then cut about 2 inches of hair in 2010 to make it blunt. I got tired of the V.

April 2010

DSC09328.JPG

Then I cut another 1/2 inch. Don't ask. I wasn't supposed to even cut this year! LOL

October 2010
Wet hair, no product and I haven't detangled yet

DSC09553.JPG

DSC09561.JPG

Back of my hair. It didn't come out super straight, but I'm tired so I don't care.
DSC09554.JPG

I've only been to the salon ONCE this year so I'm proud of myself. I might "splurge" and go in December for my company's Christmas party.

That's all folks!

Attachments

• DSC09087.JPG
    DSC09087.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 49
wow, you've come a long way with your hair. The results are beautiful hair, your journey is inspiring. ...off to check out your regimen :)

Thanks ladies!
Right now I'm happy with the length. The last time it was this long I was in the 4th grade LOL my hair was a HAM for years. I'm so grateful for this forum and hair blogs that have taught me so much. Wish they were around 20 years ago.

Beautiful hair!! Congrats on your awesome progress and being natural for 3 years!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Excellent progress! Our hair story is similar & I can't help but wonder if I hadn't spent all of 08 trimming away my hennaed ends if my hair would be WL also!

this is beautiful, you have had amazing progress!!! looks like your hair has a natural "v" so stay away from those scissors!!! lol. thx for sharing.

Yeah Maria! Congrats and keep up the good work. :yay:
I love your updates. Your wet hair looks a lot like mine (length wise). It doesn't look like you have much shrinkage. When dry and without twisting or banding, mine shrinks to my shoulders. I haven't straightened since November 09 so I can't wait to see my progress when it's straightened. I was disappointed last year and havent' done a length check since.

Back