Those who wear buns ... could you help me please??

ResultsMayVary

I currently wear cornrows but I fear my edges will begin to diminish if I continue so I am trying to wear buns daily but I fear my nape will suffer from wearing my hair in a ponytail and from the scarf around my head:

What could I do to prevent this, any tips? or should I just stick to cornrows and leave my hair out in the front? (I wear wigs) :grin:

the only tips i have is don't to it tight. you can have a slicked down look but keep it kinda loose around your edges. also, switch position. i've been bunning 90% of the time for about three months or so and no problems so far.

Not too tight and keep your bun moving. Don't do it in the same spot all the time. I also try to keep my edges really well moisturized and have been bunning forever now and my hairline is ok.

If you are doing your bun and any part feels sore loosen it up a little

I put my hair in twists, and then put it up. It stays just as neat as a bun, and since the hair is in twists, I don't have to pull as hard to get it that way - and if one section is too tight, I can tug on the twist (towards the hairline) lightly to pull it out of the bun more and loosen it up.

I'm trying to train myself to make big twists (I've been making wee ones for YEARS) so that I can get the twists done in under an hour - once I get that down - smooth sailing. :yep:

Back