Those who go to the salon... do you lie to your stylist?

tmhuggiebear

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here lies to their stylist. Do you lie about the last time you trimmed, how often you perm etc.? Has it helped or hurt you?

I was thinking that its obvious how bad it is to lie to our doctors. Let's face it, most of us do it. But is lying to your stylist just as bad?

If you do lie to your stylist, why do you it?

No, I don't lie to my stylist.

If I have to lie to my hair stylist, then it's time to find a new one.

A good hair stylist works with you, not against your hair needs and goals.

Also, when chemicals are involved it's best to be honest. I wouldn't want a stylist to use something that would affect my hair b/c she was uninformed!

and on a more important note .... who da heck lies to their Dr ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My stylist keeps a record of what processes were done to my hair and when, so she doesnt need to rely on my or her memory.

when I hennad over the colour she gave me, she asked what i did to my hair and I told her. No biggie

I go very infrequentyly so havent had a stable styist in ages. I've lied about trimmings after observing how rabid some of them got over it. I know people preach about being assertive when you're in the chair and firm but back in the day when the stylist got that gleam in their eye and picked up them scissors, I'd cower in the chair. It's kind of insane the power they assume they have when you're paying for a service on your own head.

and on a more important note .... who da heck lies to their Dr ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My stylist keeps a record of what processes were done to my hair and when, so she doesnt need to rely on my or her memory.

when I hennad over the colour she gave me, she asked what i did to my hair and I told her. No biggie

Actually, studies show that 85% of women lie to their doctors, about what they consider minor things.

For example, a doctor give your pills because you are sick and advises you to take the whole bottle of pills. However, you stop when you feel better. When the doctor asks if you finished the bottle you lie and say you did. Another example, could be going to the dentist and they ask how much you floss. You say you floss everyday knowing that you really only floss once a week. People tell alot of little white lies like that.

But anyway, back to the question. I agree that when you feel the need to lie its time to find a new stylists. But that doesn't change the fact that some may do it, because they think it may be harmless.

The few times I go to a stylist...i don't lie, it is what is. I feel they can't do their job properly if I'm holding back. And I do not , do not lie to my doctor, heck no! I may lie to you but the doc knows all, he can't help unless he knows the real deal.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

When I was relaxed I use to lie to my stylist because she always wanted to trim my hair. I would tell her sometimes that I trimmed myself just recently! Every time she wanted to trim geesh. More $$$
I don't lie to my Dr but to my Dentist yes " have you been flossing after every meal?" me: yeah for sure... LoL

I won't lie...I've lied to stylists before. :) The biggest one: "IT'S BURNING! WASH IT OOOOUUUUUUTTTT!" :lol:

Only because I LIKE my hair pretty darn under-processed and no stylist seemed to understand that, even when I told them beforehand. That's why I self relax now.

I don't go often...but when I went last month for my relaxer (I usually self-relax), I didn't tell my stylist how I grew my hair out long. She was like, "Whoever's been doing your hair...blah, blah, blah," and I didn't correct her and let her know that I had been doing my own hair pretty much exclusively for the last few years.

I also lied and said I'd be calling the next week for a follow-up appointment, knowing I wouldn't be coming back for months, if then.

I won't lie...I've lied to stylists before. :) The biggest one: "IT'S BURNING! WASH IT OOOOUUUUUUTTTT!" :lol:

Only because I LIKE my hair pretty darn under-processed and no stylist seemed to understand that, even when I told them beforehand. That's why I self relax now.

:lachen:

I remember way back in the day, they'd ask, "Is it burning?" and I would lie and say no because I wanted my hair bone straight....sigh...

OMG that really made me laugh. Mostly because I've done the same things years ago back when I was relaxed! :lol:

But I knew some of you had to have lied to stylists before. Thanks for fessing up!

I've been going to the salon regularly (twice a month) most of my life, so I don't have any lies to tell. During the past 1-1/2 years, I've been doing my hair most of the time--because of the bad economy, but I still go in a few times a year if I don't have time to do it myself.

The only thing I lie about is when I'll be back next...they're always trying to make me a regular customer "you'll be back before (insert upcoming holiday here) right?!". I give them the yea of course :rolleyes:

Back