Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Only for relaxers and other chemical treatments

Votes: 69 31.5%
  • I'm completely self styled; I refuse to go to a stylist

Votes: 85 38.8%
  • other-not listed

Votes: 45 20.5%

• Total voters
I'm scared to go now... I mean the experiences with the comments that my friends are making about my hair care rituals like using mn would probably scare a stylist!! :lachen:

I've decided to go twice a year for trims. Just got a trim on Saturday, it felt great to get rid of my uneven ends! Before that I hadn't been to a professional stylist for five years.

I've been relaxed for approx. 7 years and I've been to a salon once in all those years for a relaxer. I've had a chemical burn once in my life...
You guessed it...The hairdresser at the salon did it. :wallbash:

I've done my own extensions and weave's. This past February, I decided to let a "professional" at the salon do it.
It was a total disaster, leaving me with serverley broken hair in my nape area.

These are the only two times in 7 years that I've been 2 a hairdresser and to be honest I'm better off taking care of my own hair for the time being.

Maybe when I reach my hair goals, I will allow a throughly researched hairdresser to give me a nice blowout. They can't get that wrong right. :look:

I am very happy to say I only go when I need a relaxer:headspin:, which is every 3 months or more. Once I learn how I self relax they won't b e seeing me anymore :iroc:

Other- I never go to the salon...I would go once in a while if it didn't cost an arm and ah leg to get someone to do my nappy hair...Til then, I'm a DIYer

I refuse to pay someone 100 dollars to twist my hair when I can do a perfectly good job for free:nono:

Up to 2003, THIS is what salons did to my hair. :nono: It was always my fault though. :rolleyes:
Although my hair doesn't require a lot of heat, this is what I got.
I was butchered!!!
Also at the top crown...unsuspected cutting....yes, it WAS underhanded.
I can't even explain to you guys all the tricks they played!!! :sad:
This type of treatment is what led me to find LHCF. I had damage beyond belief and went through a lot of transitions to get it right!
I refuse to be a victim!!!

2.2003.jpg

I've been relaxed for approx. 7 years and I've been to a salon once in all those years for a relaxer. I've had a chemical burn once in my life...
You guessed it...The hairdresser at the salon did it. :wallbash:
Yep. :yep: Been there. They burn your hair in certain places and then tell you you are in need of a trim. You find yourself with un-even hair...etc. They curl it up, etc.

I've done my own extensions and weave's. This past February, I decided to let a "professional" at the salon do it.
It was a total disaster, leaving me with serverley broken hair in my nape area.
Yep. :yep: This happened to me in the past also. This is especially disasterous with relaxer..hair is even more vulnerable.

These are the only two times in 7 years that I've been 2 a hairdresser and to be honest I'm better off taking care of my own hair for the time being.
Yep. :yep: I've retained more hair this way. As a matter of fact, it took "years" to start growing. It was severely damaged. :yep:

Maybe when I reach my hair goals, I will allow a throughly researched hairdresser to give me a nice blowout. They can't get that wrong right. :look:
Yep. They can get that wrong also. We don't know what they are using on our hair.
:nono: No matter how good it smells, most salon stylists (here anyway) keep secret what's in their mixes, conditioners, etc.

stop.gif
Too much heat...even blow drying (by incompetency) will burn your hair OUT!

I haven't been to a salon to actually get my hair done in over ten years when I got microbraids....i do everything myself:yep:

Once a week for a wash and set....I do not even ATTEMPT to do it myself anymore. Its a mess wen I do it so I'd rather pay the 10-20 dollars for a wash/deep conditioner and set.

Since I've been at school & found this board, I haven't been to a salon but in the past I used to go biweekly and honestly, my hair thrived just as well, I'm just saving money now by not going (which is key cuz I'm a broke college student). I had just as good results by going to the salon but I attribute that to my stylist being really into haircare (I swear she's somewhere on this board lol)

I only go to my stylist for my relaxers and as soon as I feel confident enough to do it on my own then I'll be completely self sufficient.

The last time I went to a salon was about a year ago. I got layers cut into my hair because I got tired of one length hair. Thats it everything else I have been doing myself.

Love your hair. This is the length that I want mine.

I go weekly. But I get a great deal (cheaper than every two weeks by a few $)..helps his cash flow...and I bring most of my own stuff so it works..

He specializes in healthy hair though...

im going tomorrow.
i used to go every other week but now i go every six weeks. not for touch ups but for trims and a press and curl. in between that i co wash and wash and deep con twice a week. my new growth is amazing

Never! Stylists and their blowfryers, 450 degree irons and fine tooth combs is why I had to cut it all off.

I know more than most of them just reading LHCF.

Havnt been to a salon since I BC in August 07...

Will be getting my hair straighten in Dec so I will only be going to the salon 2-3 times a year

Lol, I see my hairdresser in the street, and she always gives me that "I know we broke up, but baby please come back!! :missu:" look.

But nah...I ain't coming back. :grin:

Never. I do not trust Hair stylists. I haven't gone to a Hair stylist since HS 17 yrs ago. When I hit WL maybe I'll consider it, but they will not be allowed to touch Scissors while I'm in their chair.

Back