This little concoction/method here slowed down my breakage...

ShiShiPooPoo

I just wanted to share this...maybe it could help somebody dealing with this issue...

After doing my normal demi-perm Natural Instincts rinse, I noticed my hair was starting to shed/break like crazy. I don't typically deal with breakage issues so this was like huh?:perplexed

I started CW to try to restore much needed moisture and still...breakage...Motions CPR...breakage...DC...breakage...leave it alone...breakage...etc.

So last night I clarified, with Redken Cleansing Cream, followed with Creme of Nature, applied AO White Camellia for about ten minutes, then DC with heat with Aveda DR Conditioner and Treatment mixed together. After rinsing, I did not notice any breakage at all...and my hair felt nice and moist. Lastly, I spritzed it with my beloved Humectress Luxtress and let it air dry...

This morning, my hair was soft and pliable...my ends look a little traumatized, but nothing a light dusting won't fix. I did the test...I combed it with a rat tail to assess...only one broken hair.

I believe the two key things were clarifiying and the heat with Aveda treatment. I basically wrote off Aveda as being ridiculously overrated but now I see that for MY hair it works best when it has something to correct. This time last week I had broken hairs all over my shirt...today, nothing.

Wednesday or Thursday I'll shampoo with my aritha bar and DC again with the Aveda...just to seal the deal.

Just wanted to share...maybe this could help somebody.

Oh and I'm buying the huge thingys of Aveda Conditioner and Treatment when I get paid on Thursday...just to keep for moments like this.

ETA: Many thanks to Sareca for putting the bug in my ear about the Aveda DR...I owe you one!

Last edited:
OH ShiShi this was RIGHT ON TIME for me!!! I touched up and did a semi perm rinse Friday night, and my hair has been breaking long strands all weekend :wallbash:. This is exactly what I'm going to do...Clarify, then use the DR line.

Thank You for sharing this!!! :kiss:

OH ShiShi this was RIGHT ON TIME for me!!! I touched up and did a semi perm rinse Friday night, and my hair has been breaking long strands all weekend :wallbash:. This is exactly what I'm going to do...Clarify, then use the DR line.

Thank You for sharing this!!! :kiss:

Your welcome fellow Libra. Let me know if it works for you then we know for sure it is a HIT!

Redkin Cleansing Cream is Awesome! I've been clarifying with this product for several years now - it never leaves my hair dry and I always feel like I have fresh start. I'm glad this worked for you:yep:!!!!

:woot: I'm back in there girl!!! I ran home after work so I could fix my hair...I clarified with Nexxus Aloe Rid, washed again with Damage Remedy poo, did a DC with DR Treatment and DR conditoner mixed together for about 30 minutes under the dryer, rollerset, and my hair is back on point!! Breakage be gone :grin:

I think the Aveda Damage Remedy line is the bestest products I've ever used. I'm with you on buying the liters sizes!! I will never be without this stuff ever.

Back