This is way more than likely a dumb question....

LoveTheSkinImIn

....So if it is, indeed, a dumb question, I don't need anyone to reiterate that fact. I already know :yep: lol My question is:

Exactly how do you know when the henna is all out of your hair during rinsing? Is it when there's no more color in the water? This is my 1st time henna-ing so I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Gracias!

....So if it is, indeed, a dumb question, I don't need anyone to reiterate that fact. I already know :yep: lol My question is:

Exactly how do you know when the henna is all out of your hair during rinsing? Is it when there's no more color in the water? This is my 1st time henna-ing so I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Gracias!

^^ This is when I stop.

I have never been successful in washing all the henna out the first day. I normally deep condition overnight with a baggy. The next morning the excess henna washes out with the conditioner.

When the water is mostly clear. Even with shampoo I don't always get the water running crystal clear the first time around. I normally rinse it out until most of the henna is out then I use conditioner and make sure to saturate the hair, then rinse well. I sometimes shampoo/DC and sometimes go straight to DC. After DCing I'm done and get to styling

I have never been successful in washing all the henna out the first day. I normally deep condition overnight with a baggy. The next morning the excess henna washes out with the conditioner.

My hair is the same way. I have to rinse again the next day or the day after. I only cowash my henna out and only shampoo before the application.

When the water is mostly clear. Even with shampoo I don't always get the water running crystal clear the first time around. I normally rinse it out until most of the henna is out then I use conditioner and make sure to saturate the hair, then rinse well. I sometimes shampoo/DC and sometimes go straight to DC. After DCing I'm done and get to styling

My hair is the same way. I have to rinse again the next day or the day after. I only cowash my henna out and only shampoo before the application.

I thought I was the only one who had rinsing issues with henna. Thanks for putting my mind to rest. Even after using all of a big bottle of HE HH, not all of the henna is out. I've had breakage because of it. greenandchic idea to keep wahing your hair a day or two afters is a good idea. Imma gonna follow that one. Clever gal greenandchic

BTW. There's never any dumb questions when it comes to hair.

I thought I was the only one who had rinsing issues with henna. Thanks for putting my mind to rest. Even after using all of a big bottle of HE HH, not all of the henna is out. I've had breakage because of it. @greenandchic idea to keep wahing your hair a day or two afters is a good idea. Imma gonna follow that one. Clever gal @greenandchic

BTW. There's never any dumb questions when it comes to hair.

Wow, I didn't know it could cause breakage. I will be careful...

Guess it wasn't a dumb question after all :-) Thanks for the responses. I got it mostly clear but not completely. I'll cowash again tomorrow and try to get the rest out.

even though you may have color in the next washes you can wash all the henna out the first night. no shampoo just use conditioner and you keep running the water. the color is going to run for a couple of days when your hair is wet.

This is normal and it doesn't mean the color is coming out.

Back