thinking about transitioning.....

c*c*chic*

I've been thinking about this for some time now and I really think I'm going to TRY to transition. I've been on the creamy crack since I was 7 or 8. It hasn't done me wrong but I'm ready for a change. Here's why: I'm about ..... 8 weeks post, and I don't have the slightest urge to get a perm! I'm what BHM calls "a hot girl" lol, I wash, condition, dc for 40 min, use my leave ins, blow dry and flat iron WEEKLY. Yep, I said it, weekly- so get out yalls whippin sticks! Lol jp but it works for me. Every now and again I try rollersets but they aren't perfected and just come out lookin a mess. Anyway, I flat iron w/ my biosilk flatiron and my roots get soooooo straight that there's no need for a perm. My edges and nape are something that I'm still trying to conquer- in due time though. So I figure, cut out my dope dealer and leave the creamy crack on the shelf.

Here's what I plan to do;

One or twice a month flat iron
The other weeks I will be wearing ps's ie; half wigs (hair braided underneath), buns,ponytails but I have t switch up between th two because I don't want my edges or nape to come out. So every other week a different style.
When I do flat iron, hopefully I'll be using the milstan feather flat iron and the skinny one for my edges, along with the steamer I hope I'm getting lol (I have a hell of a xmas list lol)

Are there any products you ladies recommend for transitioning to make the process easier? Any tips are also welcome!!!! HHG!

:band2: :band:

Cowashing has been a huge help during my transition... I mix my DC with oils (EVOO or coconut oil) and DC 2ce a week, I moisturise 2ce daily....

I'm sure ladies who are flat ironing while transitioning will chime in and give you good advise :yep:

HHG!!!!!

2010 Transitioners' Support Thread

Are there any products you ladies recommend for transitioning to make the process easier? Any tips are also welcome!!!! HHG!
Lots of conditioner that gives your hair lots of slip to make detangling a breeze. I like Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner (works great for MY hair).

That's what is working for me, conditioners with slip. I use the herbal essence drenched conditioners. I also straighten about once a week or at least every second shampoo. When I went the twists and wet sets I ended up cutting really quickly. This time around I'm just trying to grow it out. Good luck on your transition! :)

Good luck with your transition.

I alternate between wet bunning and flat ironing and it has been working for me. I've retained length and not had any problems with health.

The only thing that tempts me lately is the desire to see what my natural curl pattern is without these relaxed ends weighing it down. We'll see if I can make it to the 1 year mark (May 2) and see if I want to cut then. Idk!

Anywho, HHG!

I alternate between flat ironing and rollersetting. I wear my hair out for about 3 days, then its in a bun until wash day again, which is once a week. I wash and dc weekly. but conditioner with great slip is key. I like suave humectant. I just started using nexxus. not sure if I am in love yet. I feel I get the same results with my suave for a much cheaper price:ohwell: I am almost 11 months post. When it gets warmer, I will go back to bantu knot outs, and twistouts, and other heatless styles. And prolly add co-washing once a week to the mix.

Congrats on your decision!

Since there is so much information on this website, my only advice to you is don't give up! And if you feel like giving up, reach out to one of us or post on the transitioning thread. There are so many blogs and other resources available today that will help you on your journey.

Thankyou! I'm going to try my best! As long as my roots don't trouble me I shouldn't have a problem....... (shhh)...... I think my scalp just laughed at me lol. conditioner and oil r going to b my new bffs!

Back