Thinking about taking SILICA... questions...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Who takes Silica and what does it do for your hair? I have read that it makes your hair shiny and stronger. I was wondering if it will help the hair that has already grown out of your scalp look healthy and shiny. How has your hair benefited from taking Silica? Comments? Thanks in advance!!!

I'd like to know this too..I just started taking it last week. Does anyone know how much you should be taking per day?

Thanks!

I've been taking silica for awhile, and it has really strengthened my hair..I also take MSM and biotin, so maybe it is that combination, but it works for me...

nicagirl1970 said:
I've been taking silica for awhile, and it has really strengthened my hair..I also take MSM and biotin, so maybe it is that combination, but it works for me...
has it made your hair shinier or feel different at all???

IMHO I would guess that it would not because hair is dead and anything you take internally will not affect the hair that has already grown out, just the new growth.

brownsugarbabe said:
IMHO I would guess that it would not because hair is dead and anything you take internally will not affect the hair that has already grown out, just the new growth.
Yeah, that's so true. Thanks for reminding me! So I just need to worry about what it does for my new growth! ;)

Last edited:
Hey, i've been taking silica along with my biotin and my Msm for two months now. I'm not sure what silica's doing, so i went to talk to the guy at the health food store. I guess it is working, but he warned me that for silica to really take effect and show results you have to take it for a couple of months at least.

However, my new growth *and* my old hair are really really shiny right now, but that could be because of any one of my vitamins....

RushGirl said:
How much do you take per day?? How long have you been taking it?

I take 3 500mg capsules of Swanson Horsetail Capsules(natural silica) per day. I've been taking this since October, and I am sure that it has helped my nails in addition to my hair-they have never been stronger.

Back