Thin Haired ladies, Where you at?

I have always had very thin hair. Not in a thinning way, but my strands are fine, but I don't have type 3 anything hair. . . Are there any of you who have made it past or at least to APL?

Ooh Ooh! (little high-pitched sound the rappers used to do to say "I'm here") Me! Everybody sees my pics and is like "oh, you have nice thick hair." Far from it. Nioxin all the way. Makes my thin fine (but not curly) hair look nice and full. I always get a dose of reality anytime I don't use it or get a perm. I get so jealous of all these thick, full 'do's I see.

Y'all are bringing a tear to my eye. I am so glad not to be alone.

Yeah, I noticed that. my front seems to be stuck at collar bone, but my back is about 2 inches from APL and I can tell it's growing.

I may need to go back to baggying more, but I'm afraid of making my hair mushy. I had a bad experience with it before.

hopefully you will find it here. we all need moisture.

OMGAWWW. Mine too. I wish I could NOT comb it as often, but in order to avoid a rat's nest, I have to keep it detangled pretty regularly.

oooooo, that is great. go fine hair go fine hair go fine hair

I am relaxed and my hair loves cantu shea butter leave in. I may have to start baggying with it regularly. and I see a pattern of cowashing often on the boards too.

Super Nova- do you trim the back more so its more even with the front, or let it be?

Another fine haired sister checking in. My hair loves keratin protein. I've done 2 BKTs and it has really helped me with length retention.

I have some thinning due to abuse of braids and weaves but I'm doing pretty good at nursing my hair back to a decent thickness.

Y'all are bringing a tear to my eye. I am so glad not to be alone.

Yeah, I noticed that. my front seems to be stuck at collar bone, but my back is about 2 inches from APL and I can tell it's growing.

I may need to go back to baggying more, but I'm afraid of making my hair mushy. I had a bad experience with it before.

hopefully you will find it here. we all need moisture.

OMGAWWW. Mine too. I wish I could NOT comb it as often, but in order to avoid a rat's nest, I have to keep it detangled pretty regularly.

oooooo, that is great. go fine hair go fine hair go fine hair

I am relaxed and my hair loves cantu shea butter leave in. I may have to start baggying with it regularly. and I see a pattern of cowashing often on the boards too.

hey kooskoos, and natstar -

my hair does the same :spinning:... the nape is long, the front and middle are not... i wonder what causes the differences?
my hair is different textures - my crown is 4a, but my entire edge (all the way around) is 4b.

i wish it would grow in even... the top and front are soooo different from the back. i have to deal with 2 textures and 2 different types of hair. i'm confused.

I know- its a pain but -a postive spin to it-we have already built it layers? I dunno! I wish I knew a way to grow out the top/temples. The perimeter of my hair is 3c/4a and the crown is 4a 4b.

My hair grew the most when i wore medium/large sized twists in a small bun daily-but I really don't want to do that anymore. IMO in didn't look professional enough due to the thinness of my hair.

I need to find that other fine/thin support thread

My hair's super thin also. I never really paid attention 'til last week during a consultation a stylist told my that i had very fine "baby hair". I'm still trying to figure out what can keep it from constantly beaking off (especially on my right side). What's henna btw?

Just checkin'....for those that are not aware - there is also a fine/thin hair support thread with some great info....http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138027

I know- its a pain but -a postive spin to it-we have already built it layers? I dunno! I wish I knew a way to grow out the top/temples. The perimeter of my hair is 3c/4a and the crown is 4a 4b.

My hair grew the most when i wore medium/large sized twists in a small bun daily-but I really don't want to do that anymore. IMO in didn't look professional enough due to the thinness of my hair.

See above.

Yet another fine-haired natural here.

Thanks for this thread (plus the link to the support thread). I, too have fine strands. Luckily, I have a lot of them.
What has helped me is henna, light protein weekly, gentle handling, no brushing, combing only under shower to detangle, no more baggying (mushy, gross hair), bunning.

I want to start rollersetting to straighten, but I'm scared to cause a setback.

Like many of you, my front edges need much help to grow and my sides are neck length while my back is collarbone length. I hate cutting the back, but it starts to look like a mullet if I don't trim it back occasionally.

Ooh Ooh! (little high-pitched sound the rappers used to do to say "I'm here") Me! Everybody sees my pics and is like "oh, you have nice thick hair." Far from it. Nioxin all the way. Makes my thin fine (but not curly) hair look nice and full. I always get a dose of reality anytime I don't use it or get a perm. I get so jealous of all these thick, full 'do's I see.

So Nioxin really works huh. I may give it a try if I can find some trial sizes of it. It's not that cheap.

Super Nova- do you trim the back more so its more even with the front, or let it be?

I never trim the back tobe even with the front. I'd have a straight up 80's 'shroom. And not in a retro cute way either

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138027

Another thin haired natural checking in. Sometimes my hair seems so fragil I could cry. Today I detangled and put my hair into two puffs and they looked anorexic. :nono:

My hair grows in a V shape. My edges and crown seem to be stuck at chin length... its soooo depressing.

Back