The Ultimate Vitamin Vote......

HairFanatic01

What vitamins have you tried? Which ones have worked? Which ones are a waste? VOTE!!Before speding hundreds of dollars on vitamins I think that all women on this board who are still experimenting would like to know what works the best.

1)Viviscal
2)Hair Formula 37
3)Shen Min
4)Hair Energizer
5)Hair Genesis
6)Nature's Plus Ultra Hair (Plus)
7)Beautiful Hair
8)GNC Hair Skin and Nails
9)GNC Ultra-Nourish
10)High Potency
11)Other Brand

Lets see the results......

As far as my experiences go the following did nothing:
1)Viviscal
2)Hair Formula 37
3)Shen Min

I haven't tried the others but I use the following combination:
1) biotin (PP)
2) Silica
3) MSM
4) L - Cysteine
5) multiple

GNC Hair Skin and Nails
I've noticed a big change in my hair, It has grown about 3 inches in the last 4 months, it's thicker too. (I am also taking a multivitamin on a regular basis) That may have also contributed to the growth.

up.gif

<ul type="square"> [*]Solaray Pantothenic Acid, 500 mgs. (Solgar is also good)
[*]Solgar B-Complex with Vit. C [*](Not a vitamin, but...) Puritan's Pride MSM (powder form) [*]Spectrum Essentials' Flax Seed Oil (gel caps and liquid form) [*]Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin &amp; Nails [/list]
(What I've heard is good but have yet to try: Freeda Biotin and Puritan's Pride.
cool.gif
)

down.gif

<ul type="square"> [*]Puritan's Pride Vitamin E [*]Puritan's Pride Evening Primrose Oil [*]Silica (don't have brand names in front of me but didn't get the blinding shine others experienced). [/list]

The Vitamin Shoppe's Hair Skin and Nails works for me and also their pure powder msm. What Ididnt think too much of was their msm in the gel caps.

i've only been taking this vitamin for about a week, so i'm gonna stick with it, but is it just me or does this vitamin make you pee excessively for a good 4-5 hours after you take it (especially if you're drinking much of anything - water - with it) ? ? ? i only take one a day instead of the perscribed two, but it's had me discouraged thus far since i have to be a slave to the bathroom for almost half the day. hopefully this will dissipate. did this ever happen to anyone and did this symptom ever get better (or worse) when it comes to the gnc hair, skin &amp; nails vitamin ? ? ?

I have. I looks to multis to help absorb other vitamins so I can't honestly say what affect they had but I do plan to restock because I like the ingredients and dissolution test claims.

up.gif

Freeda Brand Biotin
Vitamin Shoppe and Trimedica Brand MSM
Vitamin Shoppe Hair Skin and Nails
Freeda Brand Vitamin C
Vitamin Shoppe Amino Acids

down.gif

Spring Valley Biotin

Hair Formula 37 - waste of money
Hairtopia - waste of money

GNC's Ultra Nourishair - two thumbs up

deeplyrooted, sounds like you have another problem going on? any reason you should be thinking about glucose intolerance, maybe?
frown.gif

GNC'S Hair, Skin and Nails did oka, but I really want to try GNC'S ultra nourishair.

Haven't tried HF37.... and from what I've heard.....don't plan on.
Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus did excellent, but we'll see about the results again.

In my opinion a vote on which vitamins work is highly subjectible and debatable. The effectiveness of vitamins depends on various variables such as age, gender, general diet, actual health status of individual, actual vitamin deficiency of individual, what other supplements are taken in conjunction. The form you take a vitamin also affects its effectiveness. For example, for some individuals their hydrochloric acid production (stomache acid) can not break down the binders or fillers or coatings of some vitamins.
Taking a vote on what is good or bad makes no sense whatsoever without intensive scientific research and approval by the appropriate government agency in your country and medical approval.

Hair Formula 37 worked, but it was too expensive to keep up, so I found alternative.

Holland and Barratt, Hair vitamins
plus, building blocks amino acids, similar strength to HF 37.

Hairtopia, I haven't tried yet, but I wouldn't mind trying.
Evening primrose, very helpful.
Nature's Plus, Utra Hair is good, but again I have to go into town to get in.
Shen Min, good product, again very expensive, I have to go into town to get in.
Flaxseed, very good, saw the difference, after about 3 weeks, my hair has a more velvet texture.
GNC Hair tablets, haven't tried.
Some of the others are not available in the UK.

Viviscal most definitely worked for me must take the for six
month to reap the best results .
I have not tried any of the others.

[ QUOTE ]
sephora said:
deeplyrooted, sounds like you have another problem going on? any reason you should be thinking about glucose intolerance, maybe?
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't even know.
confused.gif
i stopped drinking a lot of water in conjunction with the vitamins (i use to drink a good cup or two of water with the vitamin) and that seems to help. whew, that was a realll doozy. i'm gonna continue monitoring this, just in case.
look.gif

good looking out, because i've never heard of glucose intolerance but it could definitely be possible. i'm lactose intolerant and now, excessive (more than a small serving) consumption of chocolate makes me itch (the horror
shocked.gif
), so anything's possible.
drunk.gif

MSM - really increased my hair grow rate. But the spots I got from using it were just too terrible. I got some acne on my face and chest that made me look too
003.gif
rcain.gif
022.gif
(y'all know what I'm trying to say
grin.gif
) Suffice to say I stopped using it (I want my hair to grow but not at the expense of my skin
nono.gif
).

I really like GNC HSN, MSM, and B-Complex vitamins. If I had to narrow my vitamin intake down, it would be those three.

Vitamin I tried in the past that worked:
Super Hair Energizer

Vitiamin I tried in the past that did NOT work:
L-cysteine

Vitamin I currently take now that works:
Nature Made Super B Complex

1. Biotin made my hair grow out of control
2. Cod Liver made it look shinier
3. Womens ultra mega( i dunno what it did but once i started takeing it i noticed my hair to be thicker. Even my dad was surprised at how thick my hair was and he never notices anything! /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

co-signing with Hair Fanatic on Andrew lessman's hair skin and nails. It made my hair soft, stronger and nails hard as rock.

I found that I was allergic to direct Biotin, MSM, B12, B6 and a whole bunch of other stuff. SO I stick to the Andrew Lessman, although it has biotin it doesn't bother me as much but I am on the search for something new. I just ordered Robin WOod's hair vitamins...hopefully they work (www.growafrohairlong.com)

Back