I can't tell you HOW MUCH IT HELPS to read this:
"I have fine hair, it's not a matter of if it will break, it's when. It's a characteristic of my hair. No matter how careful I am, I will get some form of breakage, knots. fraying. My hair is sensitive. LOL. I accept it. I do frequent S&D. My hair grows well and thanks me for it."

Hugs!

And thanks so much, @BlackMasterPiece, for starting this thread!

My searching and destroying is frequent, and that was really worrying me. This soothes my heart a lot.

I am finding that sealing with jojoba oil makes my hair slippery without being greasy. And I can unknot knots ANY TIME when I have jojoba oil in my hair. You have GOT to try NaturalleGrow's Protein-free Marshmallow, Slippery Elm, and Cinnamon deep conditioner one of these days and tell me how it does your. Talk about a hairgasm. After this three-month no-buy, I'm going to purchase like 5 16-ounce jars. I don't EVAH want to be without it. It's a detangling miracle. Like I feel like I live in an alternate universe when I detangle with it. Hairgasmic. :yep:

I tried the water only washing thing for awhile and one of the things you could use was banana baby food.
I used Gerber in the plastic containers.

I slathered it all over my head and let it sit for 2 hours. As soon as you remove your plastic cap, your hair will be suuuuuuuuuppper defined.

If I did a wash n go, I'd oil rinse/cowash (doing my best not to disrupt the curls) and apply my gel in the shower. I never perfected this routine though. I only wear wash n go's every 6 months.
Oooh I'm gonna give this a try, I keep hearing about DCing with banana and poppin coils, looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

Oooh I'm gonna give this a try, I keep hearing about DCing with banana and poppin coils, looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

See. Now, y'all about to get a sister in trouble. Already my husband thinks I have issues:

The side-eye my husband gave me as he wrapped saran wrap around my head! o_O

I couldn't let him know that the "conditioner" in my head is egg mixed with oil. I also couldn't let him know that the reason that's my "conditioner" is because someone posted a coupla videos on a hair forum about overnight hair growth and . . .

:look:

If he sees me purchase and crack open a jar of baby banana food and apply it to my strands . . .

My searching and destroying is frequent, and that was really worrying me. This soothes my heart a lot.

I am finding that sealing with jojoba oil makes my hair slippery without being greasy. And I can unknot knots ANY TIME when I have jojoba oil in my hair. You have GOT to try NaturalleGrow's Protein-free Marshmallow, Slippery Elm, and Cinnamon deep conditioner one of these days and tell me how it does your. Talk about a hairgasm. After this three-month no-buy, I'm going to purchase like 5 16-ounce jars. I don't EVAH want to be without it. It's a detangling miracle. Like I feel like I live in an alternate universe when I detangle with it. Hairgasmic. :yep:

Really? I need to grab some now before I go back into box braids. I promised myself this BF splurge would be staples only and if all goes well, I can add this!

See. Now, y'all about to get a sister in trouble. Already my husband thinks I have issues:

If he sees me purchase and crack open a jar of baby banana food and apply it to my strands . . .
lol soon he'll get used to the weirdo stuff we do in the name of healthy hair lol everyone has just adjusted to the fact that I use an array of foods on my hair lol, if an avocado gets overripe....watch out! lol it may dissappear for a nice avocado + evoo hair treatment lolol I was way worse with this back in the day, these days I'm too lazy for alladat most of the time lmao

You might be able to add it to condish. I would add more baby food than condish so you can get the curl definition.

I've never tried that, but just a thought.

You might be able to add it to condish. I would add more baby food than condish so you can get the curl definition.

I've never tried that, but just a thought.

Thanks! I'm just teasing. He knows that figuring out my hair is my thing right now. As long as I'm having fun and not taking my hair out and don't talk his ear to death, he's alright.

Last edited:
I've been promising @YvetteWithJoy my list since forever! I apologize honey, I recently received a promotion and have been swamped.

Holy Grail

. . .
SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque ( It's for fine hair and my goodness takes my hait to the next level)

. . .

Your words and this lady's review! I wanna put this stuff on my strands ASAP! :giggle:

What are your staples/holy grails? Oyin hair dew & Komaza Protein Strengthener
What gives you the best curl definition? Wetline + KCNT so far
Whats your favorite
  • Gel - Wetline & KCCC
  • Moisturizer- Oyin Hair Dew & Camille Rose Curl Love
  • DC - I skip the DC (they do nothing for my hair) and do clay treatments instead
  • Reconstructor - Komaza Protein Strengthener .Currently trying out other non-natural protein brands since Komaza barely runs sales and I use protein at least twice a week
  • leave in - Same as moisturizer
  • Oils - I rarely use pure oils or even pomades but when I do oyin burnt sugar( mostly for the scent)
  • Edge control - Don't use
  • Co-wash - Curl Junkie Daily Fix
I'm doing a lot of changes with my hair these days. My main goal is to find a protein treatment that replaces Komaza. As well as find a leave in that will give me a protein boost in between my wash days.

I bought these things called sprangz last week they basically weight the hair down to keep it stretched out. I only have 6 big ones which is not nearly enough for my head of hair so I have the salon pack on it's way, this will keep my hair stretched throughout my wash day without having to worry about twisting and retwisting. I used them on my sections that tangles like crazy due to shrinkage and my wash day + doing a wash and go went a whole lot smoother! I might actually be able to put the comb back down and go back to finger detangling! I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with these things. I'm sad I never heard about them before. Once my salon pack comes I'm doing to try cowashing/clay rinsing every other day. Not sure if I'll wash & go or twist I will see how it goes.

Today:
Cowashed with Curl Junkie Daily Fix with sprangz in my hair
Clay Treatment : Jakeala Honey Hair Thang+ Added more Rhassoul clay & water to make a sticky treatment that also clumps my curls ( left that in for about 2 hours because I had things to do) Took sprangz out to fit under tiny plastic cap
Used Gliss Kur Conditioner (this has a good amount of protein in it and no cones)
Finger detangled with conditioner and added sprangz back to hair
Rinsed with ACV + cold water

Used Wetline + KCNT
Dryed under hooded dryer my hair was hard from the gel but I left it alone, if it's hard in the morning I'll add some oil
Currently sitting around in a locsoc in an attempt to pineapple?

My hair felt great today, it was soft but still strong and my hair looked great before & after drying. We'll see what tomorrow brings

What are your staples/holy grails? Oyin hair dew & Komaza Protein Strengthener
What gives you the best curl definition? Wetline + KCNT so far
Whats your favorite
  • Gel - Wetline & KCCC
  • Moisturizer- Oyin Hair Dew & Camille Rose Curl Love
  • DC - I skip the DC (they do nothing for my hair) and do clay treatments instead
  • Reconstructor - Komaza Protein Strengthener .Currently trying out other non-natural protein brands since Komaza barely runs sales and I use protein at least twice a week
  • leave in - Same as moisturizer
  • Oils - I rarely use pure oils or even pomades but when I do oyin burnt sugar( mostly for the scent)
  • Edge control - Don't use
  • Co-wash - Curl Junkie Daily Fix
I'm doing a lot of changes with my hair these days. My main goal is to find a protein treatment that replaces Komaza. As well as find a leave in that will give me a protein boost in between my wash days.

I bought these things called sprangz last week they basically weight the hair down to keep it stretched out. I only have 6 big ones which is not nearly enough for my head of hair so I have the salon pack on it's way, this will keep my hair stretched throughout my wash day without having to worry about twisting and retwisting. I used them on my sections that tangles like crazy due to shrinkage and my wash day + doing a wash and go went a whole lot smoother! I might actually be able to put the comb back down and go back to finger detangling! I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with these things. I'm sad I never heard about them before. Once my salon pack comes I'm doing to try cowashing/clay rinsing every other day. Not sure if I'll wash & go or twist I will see how it goes.

Sprangz!!!

I have them. Maybe you can help me! Thanks for mentioning them!

I bought them because I had the idea of using them to weigh down my hair when air drying my wash-and-go's. They stayed on my dry hair but slid off of my hair once wet. Maybe I didn't secure the end correctly.

Do you think they can be used for that purpose? Would you recommend a particular size? Do you think 12 sprangz/section would suffice? Do you place the sprangz on the very bottom of your hair?

Exactly how do you use them? (For example, do you apply to dry hair, then wet your hair and they stay on?)

Thanks in advance!

I did a cowash, DC, and C.L.O.G.:

Cowash: NaturelleGrow
DC: SM Coconut Fusion masque
Conditioner: DevaCurl Decadence One Condition
Leave-in: Oyin Hair Dew
Oil: Jojoba
Gel: Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker

I am going for multi-day hair this time. I used LOTS and LOTS of Curl Maker. A little too much. :laugh: No flaking, but about 5 little, tiny globs congealed in random places. Looks nice, feels great.

Sprangz!!!

I have them. Maybe you can help me! Thanks for mentioning them!

I bought them because I had the idea of using them to weigh down my hair when air drying my wash-and-go's. They stayed on my dry hair but slid off of my hair once wet. Maybe I didn't secure the end correctly.

Do you think they can be used for that purpose? Would you recommend a particular size? Do you think 12 sprangz/section would suffice? Do you place the sprangz on the very bottom of your hair?

Exactly how do you use them? (For example, do you apply to dry hair, then wet your hair and they stay on?)

Thanks in advance!
Nice glad to see someone else has used them! She needs to advertise more I think they'd be alot more popular.

I place my sprangz towards the bottom but not the very end because then they would slip off. I'd say more towards the mid bottom portion of my hair. My hair isn't very long 8-9 inches last I checked so I plan on doing around 20-25sections when my set gets here. I also plan on using them to stretch my wash and go while under the dryer later on so I definitely think it can be used for this purpose. I'd stick with the bigger size if you can because it stretches the hair more with just one. But you may find success with the minis especially if you add alot more to each section. I find those a bit harder to work with since they're so small.

Since your hair is fine so you will probably have to do larger sections but I think 12 would be a good number to start with..

My sections are almost as big as the opening of the sprang not as big or it won't slide through easily. I twirl my hair around so I can make sure I've grabbed all the hair pull it through the opening maybe like a half inch down then I take the bottom of my twirled hair and twist it down the sprang. I don't have it on me so I don't know how many inches at the end I leave out I'd have to check when I'm home.. I've started on dry hair that was stretched out from a twist then wet it. I've also waited until after my hair is wet to add them aswell. Throughout the process they stay on unless I take it off. My ends keeps the bottom of the sprang secure.

Nice glad to see someone else has used them! She needs to advertise more I think they'd be alot more popular.

I place my sprangz towards the bottom but not the very end because then they would slip off. I'd say more towards the mid bottom portion of my hair. My hair isn't very long 8-9 inches last I checked so I plan on doing around 20-25sections when my set gets here. I also plan on using them to stretch my wash and go while under the dryer later on so I definitely think it can be used for this purpose. I'd stick with the bigger size if you can because it stretches the hair more with just one. But you may find success with the minis especially if you add alot more to each section. I find those a bit harder to work with since they're so small.

Since your hair is fine so you will probably have to do larger sections but I think 12 would be a good number to start with..

My sections are almost as big as the opening of the sprang not as big or it won't slide through easily. I twirl my hair around so I can make sure I've grabbed all the hair pull it through the opening maybe like a half inch down then I take the bottom of my twirled hair and twist it down the sprang. I don't have it on me so I don't know how many inches at the end I leave out I'd have to check when I'm home.. I've started on dry hair that was stretched out from a twist then wet it. I've also waited until after my hair is wet to add them aswell. Throughout the process they stay on unless I take it off. My ends keeps the bottom of the sprang secure.

Many thanks!!!

I just watched a video of a girl who put Sprangz on dry hair then spritzed with a spray bottle. She also twirled each hair section into a rope before putting on each Sprangz. (Each Sprang? :scratchchin:)

I'm going to practice this week with a few Sprangz.

Thanks for bringing this up! I almost forgot I had these! Before using these, I would clip small butterfly clips onto hair sections to stretch them when drying. They kind of stretched unevenly :giggle:, thus my investment in Sprangz.

Gel
Shea Moisture High Porosity Gel (Use for twist)
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Gel (Use for twist)
Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel (Use for Edges on clean hair)

Moisturizer
Deer park water with EO’s

DC
Shea Moisture High Porosity Mask
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Mask

Leave in
One ‘n Only Argan Oil 12 in 1
Joico Restorative Treatment Spray
Curls Blueberry leave-in (I’ve only used this a few times however I like it so far)

Oils & Butters
Coconut –prepoo
EVOO- take down twist
Avocado – as the “O” in the LOCB method (wash days only)
Moringa – daily sealing oil
Butter Mix- whatever I have on hand I’ve been using The Mane Choice Butter with great success and have repurchased several times. I only use Butter as the “B” in the LOCB or LOB method (wash days only)

Edge control
The Mane Choice Edge control

Shampoo
Shea Moisture High Porosity Shampoo

Co-wash – I do not Co-Wash

Got an impromptu invite for a night out last night so I had to throw something together with my hair fast, it was in a week old kinky straight blowout and was a bit tangled, so I drenched it in coconut oil in large sections and shed hairs started slipping right out which was so dope, I then threw in two dutch braids in under 10 minutes which I got compliments on all night.

I'm realizing a heavy hand is the key with my hair, drenching my strands in water/product is my new approach to everything:lol:

I left my house with hair drenched in coconut oil and a tad oily, by the time I got back home my hair had drank up most of the oil:spinning:, my HiPo strands amaze me sometimes lol.

I want to make yet another attempt at a defined clumped wash n go, this time I'm gonna have an extremely heavy hand with product. I'm on the fence with weather I wanna do it using curl activator gel or wetline, I'll decide by testing it on sections....

What are your staples/holy grails? I am a Kerastase stan. I use their Discipline line to tame frizz as well as the Nutritive and Restistance lines for moisture and protein. My favorites are the Curl Ideal Cleansing conditioner, Chroma Riche Mask, Therapiste mask, Maskeratine, Lait Vital and Masquintense thick.

What gives you the best curl definition?
Nothing has ever defined my "curls". My hair has an erratic coily zig zag pattern so I never try to define it anyway. I either stretch it with braids or I blowdry and straighten.
  • Gel- never use gel except for aloe vera on my edges once or twice
  • moisturizer- Herbal Essences Touchably smooth cream
  • DC- Chroma Riche, Therapiste
  • leave in- Mane n Tail
  • Oils- Argan oil, hot six oil
  • edge control- none
  • shampoo- Ion Healthy scalp
  • co-wash- Kerastase Curl Ideal
What have been your most effective length retention methods? My hair grows best when I avoid tangles and knots, so I try to keep it stretched at all times. I never do wash and gos. The most textured style that I wear is a braidout and that is rare.

My strands are fine to medium size and I have high porosity on the ends and normal porosity towards the roots.

I'm basically just lurking since I been in the game for a mighty long time but still don't have much to add (haven't perfected a thing):confused:

* My Hair: (I think) is 3c in the nape area, maybe 4a everywhere else except the crown/top may be 4xyz; not sure about porosity (it always seems to be dry); my hair is fine but looks thick when its dry and unstraightened so I guess that means its dense?!

* Terresentials Mud Wash: is a holy grail for me - trying to find a way to replicate it since it is expensive and I can only find it online.

* Best Hair Days: they normally sneak up on me so I never know how I got to that point. Once I had my hair blown out and I guess I bantu knotted it up and it was simply delicious the next day!:toocool:. ETA - I think that my hair behaves better when its older and has tons of product piled on it but ... my hair is fine.

* Go-to Hairstyles: wigs, high bun with kanekalon hair - I stink at styling but maybe I am not using the right products or techniques

I'm basically just lurking since I been in the game for a mighty long time but still don't have much to add (haven't perfected a thing):confused:

* My Hair: (I think) is 3c in the nape area, maybe 4a everywhere else except the crown/top may be 4xyz; not sure about porosity (it always seems to be dry); my hair is fine but looks thick when its dry and unstraightened so I guess that means its dense?!

* Terresentials Mud Wash: is a holy grail for me - trying to find a way to replicate it since it is expensive and I can only find it online.

* Best Hair Days: they normally sneak up on me so I never know how I got to that point. Once I had my hair blown out and I guess I bantu knotted it up and it was simply delicious the next day!:toocool:. ETA - I think that my hair behaves better when its older and has tons of product piled on it but ... my hair is fine.

* Go-to Hairstyles: wigs, high bun with kanekalon hair - I stink at styling but maybe I am not using the right products or techniques

Similar story with me regarding my favorite clay wash: I have been using Naturalicious's Moroccan Rhassoul clay wash. Expeeeeensiiiiiiive, especially once you factor in shipping.

I bought ingredients to make my own. But I found a well-reviewed rhassoul clay wash on Etsy.com by NurCreations. It costs waaaaay less. You might try Etsy if you don't try your own first!

Similar story with me regarding my favorite clay wash: I have been using Naturalicious's Moroccan Rhassoul clay wash. Expeeeeensiiiiiiive, especially once you factor in shipping.

I bought ingredients to make my own. But I found a well-reviewed rhassoul clay wash on Etsy.com by NurCreations. It costs waaaaay less. You might try Etsy if you don't try your own first!
Is the nur creations clay wash consistency on the thick or thin side? I wanted to buy from her but her shipping is steep.

Is the nur creations clay wash consistency on the thick or thin side? I wanted to buy from her but her shipping is steep.

Hi, @kodochax.

I haven't opened the NurCreations mud wash yet because I'm trying to use up the Naturalicious mud wash first. As soon as I open it, I'll let you know. It has a seal, which is awesome. @Beany says it's a staple for her. Maybe she can tell us the consistency of it? (Please see quote below).

I typed in 15off when I made my purchase of two items from NurCreations, and that helped. The bottle is $18.99 for 16 ounces. I got the Naturalicious in a kit the first time so I didn't pay a crazy amount, but the REGULAR 8 ounce bottle is $23.00 BEFORE shipping.

One thing I did want to point out: the NurCreations I bought uses rhassoul clay, and not bentonite. I don't know if they have a bentonite one (they might), or if some other store does. Which are you looking for: rhassoul or bentonite?

This mud wash is a staple for me. Loves it. Everything from NurCreations has been good. She knows what she's doing on the ingredient and formulation front.

Hi, @kodochax.

I haven't opened the NurCreations mud wash yet because I'm trying to use up the Naturalicious mud wash first. As soon as I open it, I'll let you know. It has a seal, which is awesome. @Beany says it's a staple for her. Maybe she can tell us the consistency of it? (Please see quote below).

I typed in 15off when I made my purchase of two items from NurCreations, and that helped. The bottle is $18.99 for 16 ounces. I got the Naturalicious in a kit the first time so I didn't pay a crazy amount, but the REGULAR 8 ounce bottle is $23.00 BEFORE shipping.

One thing I did want to point out: the NurCreations I bought uses rhassoul clay, and not bentonite. I don't know if they have a bentonite one (they might), or if some other store does. Which are you looking for: rhassoul or bentonite?

The wash is a bit watery, but I find when I put in the fridge for awhile it "thickens" into an almost serum consistency and is much easier to apply. You definitely want to shake well before use.

Hi, @kodochax.

I'm looking to have both types in my stash, I have the clay itself but sometimes I don't have the patience to mix and I want something that's already made. Maybe I'll check them out around black friday. I will definitely pass on the naturalicious the price is way too steep for me. Unless they do another 50% off.

The wash is a bit watery, but I find when I put in the fridge for awhile it "thickens" into an almost serum consistency and is much easier to apply. You definitely want to shake well before use.
Good to know, thanks! I will definitely use that tip when I get around to trying it.

Today I did a quick wash and go:
1. Cleanse with DevaCurl Decadence No Poo.
2. Moisturize with Oyin Hair Dew (leave-in).
3. Seal with jojoba oil.

I noticed lack of definition at the roots, so I went back and tried to add DevaCurl Decadence One Condition to my roots. This product is so interesting! It actually curls/defines my hair! I need to figure out why!

And . . . my pass-purchased products just arrived. :headspin:

I am actually excited about next wash day. :happydance:
Two of the three products smell divine!

Plan: Cleanse, DC, and C.L.O.G.:

1. Cleanse: ORS Creamy Aloe or Naturalicious clay wash (to remove old product)
2. DC: Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner
3. Conditioner: DevaCurl Decadence One Condition (rinse out slightly, leaving some in)
4. Leave-in: Bekura Honey Latte Detangling Hair Milk
5. Oil: jojoba oil
6. Gel: Blue Roze Beauty Marshmallow Cream Gel (love that it's creamy) OR DevaCurl gel

I will air dry with the Sprangz on.

So many new things/tweaks. Sometimes this hair thing is really fun. :sunshine:

Today I massaged my scalp with Nioxin 1 scalp treatment, moisturized with Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth cream and sealed with Cream of Nature argan oil. I might cowash tomorrow and redo my wig braids.

Back