The sulfate free Keracare has landed

I really want to try this now. I've been wanting to use a product line for awhile. What kind of DC are you ladies using? Does Keracare have a light protein DC?

I just bought mine today. I just shampooed today as part of my prepoo regimen, and I'm touching up my grays with permanent color this weekend so I'll have to wait til about Wednesday to poo again - can't wait to make it a sulfate-free day! Hope it's as nice to my hair as it has been for some of you ladies!

Oh lord. The Cream Headress is great too! It looks funyn though. It looks hard looking?? It doesn't look like a lotion anymore. It looks like....a big thang of lard or something *shrugs* Reminds me of unmelted shea or coconut butter? Anyway it melted in my hands after I rubbed it together then I put it on my hair. My hair feels like friggin heaven. SOO soft. Yall go buy this sulfate free Keracare!

Oh lord. The Cream Headress is great too! It looks funyn though. It looks hard looking?? It doesn't look like a lotion anymore. It looks like....a big thang of lard or something *shrugs* Reminds me of unmelted shea or coconut butter? Anyway it melted in my hands after I rubbed it together then I put it on my hair. My hair feels like friggin heaven. SOO soft. Yall go buy this sulfate free Keracare!

I totally agree. I LOVE the conditioning cream hairdress. The old formula had mineral oil and didn't agree to well with my hair, but this new formula without the mineral oil and parabens is currently my staple moisturizer :yep:

Can someone post the new ingredients for the creme hairdress pretty please?

Oh, and there's also a new formula for oil sheen and silken seal...

Thanks for the reviews!!!!

My hair is not feeling the new formula of Elasta QP Shampoo so I'll give Keracare Poo a try!

Can someone post the new ingredients for the creme hairdress pretty please?

Oh, and there's also a new formula for oil sheen and silken seal...

The Silken Seal and Oil Sheen have the same ingredients I believe but they have new bottles. I was going to buy oil sheen but the stuff still has mineral oil in it so no thanx.

Conditioning Creme Hairdress Ingredients: (I'm MAD that the stupid stuff has Beeswax! It still works well though)

Water, Sunflower Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cera Alba, Beeswax, Cire d'obeille, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Sterate SE, Propylene Glycol, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Oil, Iocopheryl Acetate, Steric Acid, Acetamide MEA, Fragrance, Polysorbate 60, BHT, Zinc Oxide, Simethicone, Methylsothiazolinone, Sodium Bicarbonate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamol Alcohol, Citranellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamol, Hydrocitronellal, Hydraxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexane Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool

I've been using this shampoo for the past month now and it is absolutely wonderful. It lathers up nicely and has made a noticeable difference in my hair. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a good sulfate-free poo.

OK, I prepoo/pooed early (this morning) cuz I was itching to try Keracare's sulfate free poo. It lives up to its "moisturizing, detangling" label - my hair felt soft, smooth, and tangle-free in the shower. BUT...it just did not give me that slip that I get when I use CON Kiwi & Citrus. Also, when I put my hair in a bun I had a lot of fuzzies that I needed to spritz with water and apply extra leave-in to get a smooth look. My hair is now about 80% air dried and it doesn't have the velvet feel I get when CON is in the mix. I'll probably use Keracare weeks 1-3 post relaxer so my hair doesn't get too used to CON and to take a break from sulfates, but it certainly won't replace CON.

ETA: I will actually use the Keracare as my shampoo on DC days. Don't mean to give the impression that it's a bad product - it's actually great as far as sulfate-frees go, better than Cristophe which I already liked. It just won't be in my prepoo routine.

Last edited:
OK, I prepoo/pooed early (this morning) cuz I was itching to try Keracare's sulfate free poo. It lives up to its "moisturizing, detangling" label - my hair felt soft, smooth, and tangle-free in the shower. BUT...it just did not give me that slip.

I agree.

I tried the Keracare Shampoo but it did not give me the slip and softness that I used to receive from the old formula of Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo.

Keracare was alright but it will not be my staple shampoo. I've never tried CON but I'll give it a try.

The old hydrating detangling shampoo and the new version seem to work the same for me. I washed my hair today; I'm currently thirty weeks and a few days post-relaxer and as others have reported it felt like I was rinsing out a moisturizing conditioner. My hair looks and feels soft so I'm pleased with the new formula. Also, The new creme hairdress is so much better than the old one for me; It's paraben-free and much more moisturizing.

The Silken Seal and Oil Sheen have the same ingredients I believe but they have new bottles. I was going to buy oil sheen but the stuff still has mineral oil in it so no thanx.

Conditioning Creme Hairdress Ingredients: (I'm MAD that the stupid stuff has Beeswax! It still works well though)

Water, Sunflower Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cera Alba, Beeswax, Cire d'obeille, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Sterate SE, Propylene Glycol, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Oil, Iocopheryl Acetate, Steric Acid, Acetamide MEA, Fragrance, Polysorbate 60, BHT, Zinc Oxide, Simethicone, Methylsothiazolinone, Sodium Bicarbonate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamol Alcohol, Citranellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamol, Hydrocitronellal, Hydraxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexane Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool

I'm wondering if it's possible to make an oil sheen without mineral oil - I've never seen one....

Anyhow, you're only supposed to be using a light spray of oil sheen, so the mineral oil isn't really going to hurt IMO.

The cream hairdress is creamy, not waxy. I thought beeswax was a common ingredient in natural products, too?

thank you for the during and after reviews ladies. I just can't bear to deal with another shampoo (sulfate/sodium free) that feels good in the shower but leaves me detangling for 30 mins after I get out, or leaves my hair frizzy.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make an oil sheen without mineral oil - I've never seen one....

Anyhow, you're only supposed to be using a light spray of oil sheen, so the mineral oil isn't really going to hurt IMO.

The cream hairdress is creamy, not waxy. I thought beeswax was a common ingredient in natural products, too?

Profectiv's oils sheen doesn't contain mineral oil.

I need to post another update, and I alluded to my now dissatisfaction with Keracare sulfate-free on the "do you buy the whole 'sulfates are bad'" thread. I won't be using Keracare sulfate free. One day post shampoo my hair is dry, my NG is crunchy, and when I was working my prepoo mix in my hair tonight to redo my regimen the way that works best for my hair with CON, a loop of strands came out in my fingers. I cowashed today with a lot of hassle getting the wide-tooth through my NG - not an issue if I've used CON after prepooing. I can get away with tangle-free cowashing for 3 to 4 days then. My hair has spoken LOL. If anybody wants the bottle, I'll bless you with it, postage and all, just PM me your address. I'll throw in 1/2 bottle of Elasta QP Moisturizer, too (hair no likey either) :)

Last edited:
I have bought and used the sulfate free hydrating detangling shampoo and love it! Along with the Humecto conditioner it has made my hair sooooo soft and silky. I also found when using it that I need to use much less than usual when washing. I think this is going to be a staple. :)

I used the KC shampoo today and I have to say...I didn't care for it. It did provide slip, but the consistency is too runny for me. I like a good, thick shampoo. OTOH, I fell in love with the Creme of Nature poo in the orange bottle....

I love me some Keracare! :lick: Although I don't think I'll be getting to try this new product. Keracare is HARD to find in Toronto and when it is spotted the price is jacked up for such a standard size. :nono: Hopefully you ladies all have good results with it though. :yep:

Back