The SplitEnder- My Review

Globeleza

The SplitEnder is designed to trim split ends off the har shaft without removing length. Promises to snip no more than 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch.

What comes in the kit: SplitEnder device, Base Stand, Cleaning Brush, Plastic Comb, "Miracle Silk" Hair serum, Sectioning Clip.

My hair: 4a APL relaxed hair which is 16 weeks post relaxer. I have thin densely packed strands that tend to tangle and break easily. I rollerset and blowdried the roots about a week prior to using the SplitEnder.

What you do: Take thin sections of the hair between to the toothed plates of the device and run down the length of the hair like you would do if flatironing. Hair must be tangle-free and straigtened in order to avoid having your hair get tangled in the combs of the device. If you are stretching I would avoid using this on the new growth because your hair will just get stuck (I found myself taking really thin sections of hair in order to allow the device to run through my hair easily).

Pros:
This product does exactly what it claims to do. Snips no more than 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch of damaged, frayed ends without taking off length. It was easy to use, not cumbersome or heavy. I definitely saw a big difference in my hair after using it. My hair was softer, smoother, the ends no longer felt crunchy. My hair had more bounce and seems shinier. This product is a definite keeper and staple for me!! I will be using it every 6 weeks along with my trims twice a year.

Cons:
* Expensive $59.99 plus shipping $15 shipping
* Noisy
* Can be time consuming- It took me 2 hours to go through my whole head. I took really small sections and remember I am over 4 months post.
* Requires 4 AA batteries that are NOT included
* Construction is not sturdy, seems like it can break easily if dropped. Cheaply made
* Warranty is only 6 months, you have to pay and additional $9.99 for an extended warranty.

Overall: Would I recommend this? YES!! I am very satisfied with the overall results. I do think it is a bit overpriced for the quality of the device but I will continue using this and would recommend to anyone like myself who does their own hair and does not get trims at the salon.

wow. thanks for the review. i was considering this b/c im so terrified of going to a salon to get my hair trimmed after all the horror stories, tho i kno i will have to once i reach my goal of BSB and start wearing my hair out instead of in braids.

eta: did u take any pix?

I bought this about 6-9 months ago and I only tried to use it once but my hair didn't glide through it like it's suppose to because my hair was not straightened. I rarely straighten my hair but I will give it a try next time I do if I can remember.

I bought this about 6-9 months ago and I only tried to use it once but my hair didn't glide through it like it's suppose to because my hair was not straightened. I rarely straighten my hair but I will give it a try next time I do if I can remember.

Yea! I had to do really thin sections in order for it to glide through!!

Thanks for the review. I just received mine in the mail from Ebay and will use it next week following a shampoo and flat iron. I hope I get the same results, smooth, bouncy hair.

I have this, It works great ,I haven't use it in a couple months, I will be getting back to it, I use it for dusting ,it's a great dusting tool

i'm really looking into this... i can't get past that shipping though. Anyone who is going to purchase one..I did find a coupon splitender10 ..that took 10 dollars off.. the price was still 64.93 with shipping though... :ohwell: we'll see... I wanna see some before and after pics tho!!!

Thanks for the review. I just received mine in the mail from Ebay and will use it next week following a shampoo and flat iron. I hope I get the same results, smooth, bouncy hair.
I was just wondering if they had some on ebay. hope I can find one cheaper.

Can you replace the blades?

On another thread about this I think they were saying they do have replacement blades for this. Cost $10-15 I can't remember.

Thanks for the review. I want one of these so bad. My ends are a HAM and I don't want to snip sections. I want to run that through my hair and get it to act right. I am def getting one now.

Back