Splitender.......is it Sharp enough?

i returned mine....it didn't even cut that much hair....not lengthwise...but i mean the little tray thingie didn't have that many cut hairs in it so i don't think it was doing the job.....

Mine cut alot of tiny hairs... Was your hair freshly washed? if not the hairs might not go through the chambers right.. also you have to make sure ur parting small pieces... also I heard theres alot of knockoffs going around that don't work as well as the authentic ones.

but you already returned it.

bunnie82

Check out my blog I give a full review and have pics up

Mine cut alot of tiny hairs... Was your hair freshly washed? if not the hairs might not go through the chambers right.. also you have to make sure ur parting small pieces... also I heard theres alot of knockoffs going around that don't work as well as the authentic ones.

Mine too I love it.

yep my hair was freshly washed and lightly flat ironed...used very small sections..
i tried it twice....was a fail...it just didn't do anything for me....:nono:

yep my hair was freshly washed and lightly flat ironed...used very small sections..
i tried it twice....was a fail...it just didn't do anything for me....:nono:

That right there was the problem. The hair should have been straighter and the sections should not have been too small or too large.

HA! mine did NOT cut THAT much hair!!! wtf!! maybe i was doing it wrong...i dunno...but i returned it....i got it from the talavera site so it wasn't a knock off...

Yeah and that wasnt even all of it.

Well if you repurchase you will know what to aim for.

That right there was the problem. The hair should have been straighter and the sections should not have been too small or too large.

yeah....i rarely rarely use heat on my hair...when i flat iron i never flat iron bone straight.....maybe that was the problem...oh and the sections of hair weren't super small..i took 1 inch thin sections...

maybe i'll try it again one day....

@NJoy and everyone how small are ur sections when u do it? I used the splitender as i took each roller out after a regular wash and set. Using regular sized roller parts. Should i go with smaller sections than that?

Sent from my ADR6400L

Sorry I'm just seeing this.

I don't really know how to answer that. I think I use sections like when I'm flat ironing. As you use it, you should be able to tell if your sections have too much hair. I don't go paper thin. And again, I'm only really using the splitender on the last few inches of my hair. So, a section thick with my ng might seem like a lot but, the last few inches are not so, I can still do that section. 'k, that's not really clear but, I think you get the idea. I'm just winging it. :blush:

Hope you got something good out of my jibberish. :look:

Thanks njoy! I plan on getting one more salon trim in about two months and then just maintaining with my splitender. Im also gona attempt to stretch for 12 weeks so no trimming until my next relaxer!

Sent from my ADR6400L

Back