The Split Ender

Hello! I have this thing although I haven't used it in awhile because I forgot I had it :look:. I liked it. It isn't for realy bad split ends. It cuts fro 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch off. You have to straighten your hair without much to no product(so it can expose your damaged and split ends). when you clamp it on your hair like a flat iron the blades are above your hair and only cut the hairs that are sticking out(damaged ends). And it targets the entire length of the hair and not just the ends. Afterwards my hair was alot smoother , softer ,and practically tangle free.If you get it make sure you follow the directons. Oh and make sure you clen it out. Your trimmied hair can get aught in the blades and cause it to get stuck. And remember to use small sections of hair at a time or else it won't work right. HTH

THANK YOU!!! :grin:

Well it definitely doesn't cut your hair off if you run it through your hair. I know I can picture it now- you start running it through your hair and like 12 inches falls off. :eek: My experience is that it really does only get the little ends of the hair. There were always like super tiny pieces of hair in it.

That's what I'm afraid of! I've never heard of it, but I need something to get these splits. I may look into this.......if I get it I will try it on a wig first just to make sure it does what it's suppose to do :look: :scratchch

That's what I'm afraid of! I've never heard of it, but I need something to get these splits. I may look into this.......if I get it I will try it on a wig first just to make sure it does what it's suppose to do :look: :scratchch

That is a great idea!! I can tell you it didn't do that to my hair just little bits came off.

That is a great idea!! I can tell you it didn't do that to my hair just little bits came off.

Cool :up:
I think I will purchase it. I usually just dust after relaxers, but I know I miss a lot of splits. I think this is going to work a lot better :yep:
Darn splits drive me crazy, I can't figure out why I keep getting them- I don't use direct heat, I only detangle on wash day, don't use brushes. I sleep with a silk scarf on satin pillowcases, keep my moisture/protein balance in check. I'm convinced my hair splits just because.:look:
Could be my diet.....:scratchch

I think I will purchase it. I usually just dust after relaxers, but I know I miss a lot of splits. I think this is going to work a lot better :yep:
Darn splits drive me crazy, I can't figure out why I keep getting them- I don't use direct heat, I only detangle on wash day, don't use brushes. I sleep with a silk scarf on satin pillowcases, keep my moisture/protein balance in check. I'm convinced my hair splits just because.:look:

I see that you have the Garnier Healthy Ends in your avatar. Do you find that it works for you? I liked it but I was also doing 50-11 other things with it so I don't know how it is as a stand alone product.

I see that you have the Garnier Healthy Ends in your avatar. Do you find that it works for you? I liked it but I was also doing 50-11 other things with it so I don't know how it is as a stand alone product.

I do the same thing :lachen:
I do notice a lot less splits since using it though. I usually mix it with whatever moisturizer I'm using that day. I've been using it consistenly for the last 6 months and there is improvement. I've noticed that it's getting harder to find though....it seems everytime I find something I love it gets discontinued. I'm calling Garnier tomorrow to see what's up :look:

I do the same thing :lachen:
I do notice a lot less splits since using it though. I usually mix it with whatever moisturizer I'm using that day. I've been using it consistenly for the last 6 months and there is improvement. I've noticed that it's getting harder to find though....it seems everytime I find something I love it gets discontinued. I'm calling Garnier tomorrow to see what's up :look:

Oh no! :nono: I sure hope it's not being discontinued.

that sounds interesting

(i lol at his video when he showed a picture of himself when he had long hair. that was very zoolander of him!)

i wonder how well it would work for natural hair?

that sounds interesting

(i lol at his video when he showed a picture of himself when he had long hair. that was very zoolander of him!)

i wonder how well it would work for natural hair?

I think it should work the same, except you'll want to do it while the hair is straight.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY - its like i posted this myself (except for the relaxing part) :lachen:

I think I might give it a try. Thanks for the reviews on it. I'll be sure to let you know how it works for me once I get it.

I feel like if I had just been consistent, I would have seen results. I only used it a few times and that was it. It wasn't for any particular reason other than I forgot about and wasn't that serious about caring for my hair.

I would try it if I were you guys. I have one and it pulled on my hair and It seemed I had more split ends after using it than before.. Save your money.

after reading this thread i decided to buy n try the split ender for myself.Overall i was pleased with the results, it really doesn't cut much but you can feel a difference:yep:...the only thing i hated was the time it took to do small sections:nono:...i'll definitely use this every 4 to 6 weeks like suggested or ever 12 weeks after my touch up:grin:

I have had this for a year or so( since my pj days) and I have only used it twice. IMO, it takes to long to do the whole head. You have to part in small sections to make sure you don't break off your hair and to make sure all of your ends get snipped. If, you're in a rush you will definitely pull your off out:perplexed Yes, it does in fact only snip off about 1/4 inch:yep: It just takes too long IMO but it's works!!!!

ETA: Also when I purchased this, 1 inch flat irons came with it as a gift. Those flat irons were the bomb until my oldest daughter broke them but she broke my darn Maxiglide either so now I have no flatirons. :/ Which is ok because I use them rarely anyways but those flat irons were the bomb that came with the split ender.....

Last edited:
Back