My Split Ender Arrived!

shortt29

So as I am putting in my last curl former, the doorbell rings and it's the mailman delivering my Split Ender! I didn't think it would be here so fast...I would have simply roller set and flat ironed my roots. Anyone use the Split Ender on hair that is stretched via Curl Formers?

I have. I don't flatiron before I use the split ender...instead I stretch my hair in braids, or twists, or with curlformers. Once dry, I use a spray detangler to moisten my hair, and in small sections use the Split Ender. Perfect trim every time!

MrsJaiDiva said:
I have. I don't flatiron before I use the split ender...instead I stretch my hair in braids, or twists, or with curlformers. Once dry, I use a spray detangler to moisten my hair, and in small sections use the Split Ender. Perfect trim every time!

I think I have a defective one...can you see the blade on yours? I tried a section and it did not remove any hair! Looks as if the blade is missing on mine

I think I have a defective one...can you see the blade on yours? I tried a section and it did not remove any hair! Looks as if the blade is missing on mine

Yes, I can see the blade clearly through the see through pink case. In fact, you should be able to pull the clear compartment off, and pop it open to remove the trimmed hair. The blade is clearly visible when you open up the compartment.

If your blade is missing, email the company ASAP.

Just looked up videos on youtube about this thing. Sounds like a mini machine gun.

I might try it out after a bit more research

shortt29 said:

@short29 did u set it in the right direction? It has to be set in the direction that ure gliding it in. I hope in explained it right.

Wait ur blade is missing?

lovebug10 said:
shortt29 did you purchase from the company itself or through another vendor like amazon or ebay?

I ordered it directly from the company. They even gave me free rush delivery for waiting so long for it to be available

MrsJaiDiva said:
Yes, I can see the blade clearly through the see through pink case. In fact, you should be able to pull the clear compartment off, and pop it open to remove the trimmed hair. The blade is clearly visible when you open up the compartment.

If your blade is missing, email the company ASAP.

Thanks! I will be calling them on Monday! All this waiting and excitement for nothing

guyanesesista said:
@short29 did u set it in the right direction? It has to be set in the direction that ure gliding it in. I hope in explained it right.

Wait ur blade is missing?

Yes I made sure it was going in the right direction then I realized nothing was being cut. So I watched a few YouTube videos and noticed how you can see the blade turning but when I opened the part that catches the hair, I noticed there wasn't a blade there at all. There were 2 plastic pieces wrapped in tissue paper but that was it

MrsJaiDiva

Interesting! I thought one had to have dry hair to use the Splitender. Do the split hairs actually separate from the rest of the strand if the hair is wet? The way the videos make it seem is the hair needs to be dry for any splits to be snipped.

My Splitender did not arrive yet, mix up with the zip code per the tracking detail (although it's correct on my confirmation email). Assuming it arrives with a blade, I may try to use it on stretched natural hair instead of flat ironing twice in less than 1 month.

MrsJaiDiva

Interesting! I thought one had to have dry hair to use the Splitender. Do the split hairs actually separate from the rest of the strand if the hair is wet? The way the videos make it seem is the hair needs to be dry for any splits to be snipped.

My Splitender did not arrive yet, mix up with the zip code per the tracking detail (although it's correct on my confirmation email). Assuming it arrives with a blade, I may try to use it on stretched natural hair instead of flat ironing twice in less than 1 month.

I don't saturate the hair with the detangling spray...just damp. Just enough slip so that it goes through the Split Ender with no issues or snags. I get Plenty of trimmed hair in the compartment, so I know it's working just fine. And I haven't noticed any difference trimming this way vs flat ironing my hair straight just to trim it. :yep:

Mine just arrived and it has NO BLADES?!?!?!
What kind of quality control do they have where they are sending out multiple hair trimmers with no blades?

Mine just arrived and it has NO BLADES?!?!?!
What kind of quality control do they have where they are sending out multiple hair trimmers with no blades?

So I just spoke to someone there he explained that in a rush to get the product out to us, the warehouse shipped us products that were "not complete" (missing the blades). They were not aware of the boxes they were sending products from but they are sending us the entire pink part (with a blade :yep:) as a replacement and a tag to send what we currently have back.

tOn with them now. Learning about all of the issues with the rush to get the product out. They assemble the product on site and it arrives to customers fully assembled. I was wondering why there were no instructions to put it together in my box. However, I am the third person to call that has no blades.

A friend also had the same issue, so that means at least 4 people.

The replacement blade portion (pink top portion) is being prepared for shipping out today and should arrived by Wednesday/Thursday along with a return label to mail back the pink removable section of the machine that has no blades.

The gentleman that I spoke with was super apologetic - even more so than expected since I left him on hold for a while when hubby called. He asked that I let him know how I like the product with new, titanium blades.

Last edited:
So should I hold out on ordering this product since the blades are missing? If I order i'm going to email them and tell them not to forget my blades...

So should I hold out on ordering this product since the blades are missing? If I order i'm going to email them and tell them not to forget my blades...

The blades were only not assembled on the batch that they were rushing out last week. I think now that they are aware of the problem, you should not have an issue. There is limited stock left so if you really want one, you should think about ordering soon.

The blades were only not assembled on the batch that they were rushing out last week. I think now that they are aware of the problem, you should not have an issue. There is limited stock left so if you really want one, you should think about ordering soon.

I'll do that. Do you happen to know of any coupon codes by chance?

Omg my split ender doesn't have blades either!!!!! Im glad i read this thread because i couldnt figure out what all those extra pieces were for and why it didnt work. Smh

Jaydensmommy said:
Omg my split ender doesn't have blades either!!!!! Im glad i read this thread because i couldnt figure out what all those extra pieces were for and why it didnt work. Smh

Smh!!! I should receive my replacement tomorrow

Re: My SplitEnder Arrived!

Well, the replacement section of the Splitender arrived in NYC today and I mailed back the pink section using the return label that they sent. I dropped their package in the mail around 9:30 p.m. and stopped by the store to pick up AA batteries. I was in for a surprise once I got home to fully open the package and install the batteries.

Lo & behold, the replacement is defective too!!!!!:nono:

The second portion of the hair clamp is missing, large back section with teeth. Photos are attached. My defective Splitender is pink while the finished Splitender pictured is blue. The short silver bar sticking out from the bottom of the pink unit should have a black clamp like piece attached.

I just cannot believe they managed to screw this up a second time. Hopefully it's just mine and the other replacements they sent out were fully assembled.

Attachments

• splitender - blue.jpg
    splitender - blue.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 93
  • defective Splitended - round 2.jpg
    defective Splitended - round 2.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
This is just beyond crazy and although I haven't received my replacement yet, I'm annoyed!!! And I was told they only produced the pink and no other colors would be available. They sent you a completely new set? I was told they were only shipping the colored part that was missing the blade and to only send that part back.

I think I figured it out...you were supposed to take the pink part off and swap it with the blue part (as if you were taking it off to clean it). Then you would have a complete device. I believe that's why the man explained to me that they were not replacing the entire split ender, just the part with the blade that catches the hair. I think you sent it back without actually doing the swap in parts.

No, it's no assembly required. I sent back the section that Dick & Jerry both told me to send back. Jerry even called me a second time, after I spoke to Dick, to explain what I needed to send back.

I was only to pop the top portion, pink/black, onto the gray bottom section.

Ok...here is the entire defective tool with missing blade:

Attachments

• image-2760241848.jpg
    image-2760241848.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 73
This is the part they are replacing. I removed it from the silver part:
(notice the bottom black plate is not attached to the pink)

Attachments

• image-912791399.jpg
    image-912791399.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 54
Here is the silver part that I will add the new replacement (pink with blade) to. The bottom plate is still attached and never came off:

Attachments

• image-2275919187.jpg
    image-2275919187.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 47
Mine was all one piece. I popped off the pink top section as Jerry and Dick explained, and placed it back in the box to wait for the replacement.

At this point I do not even want the thing. I'm irritated. I should not have to assemble their product.

ETA: It would have been nice to know about that lock/unlock issue in your PM from the company rather than find it out now. I'm tempted to stop by the post office in the morning to retrieve the package before it goes out.

Last edited:
Back