The science of preventing relaxer damage by using silk

TeeSGee I got mine from newdirectionaromatics.ca they have a brampton location you can pick up from. It's the powdered version. I just add some to a spray bottle of water.

I ordered some SAA a week ago. I forgot all about using it as a pre relaxer treatment. But I like to go pretty much bone straight, is this going to interfere with that?

nice thread! I have a bottle of hydrolized silk protein that I do not use. Since my mum uses a relaxer, do you think she could spray it on her hair the way it is some hours before relaxing?

If I had known these things when I relaxed my hair 5 years ago, there is a chance that I may have never returned back to natural. I am glad with my choice to go back to natural though, but this is outstanding information!

So does putting Saa on roots prior to relaxing interfere with
roots getting straight? It seems like no one has answered this question ..

Hi cocoagirl

I once spritzed my hair with SAA hours before a relaxer, allowed it to dry and then used Phyto II. My roots were really underprocessed to the extent, I relaxed again within a few weeks. I think SAA is great to protect the already-relaxed hair though.

I don't think SAA has the same effect on everyone's hair though.

HTH
Karen

cocoagirl

I know when I first read this thread I was left with that exact confusion. I just said *** it and put Chi Silk Infusion on my roots. I relaxed and got my hair totally bone-laxed just how I like. My hair is also resistant so in my opinion it works quite well on the roots.

^thx LL, that was my biggest confusion, I think I have pure SAA somewhere round' here so I will try it out next time

I used SAA in the two DCs prior to my recent relaxer. I also added it to the liquid leave in I've been using. My relaxer was yesterday; I had it done at a salon. I can absolutely feel that my NG isn't completely straight.

It's true though. Once I started using silk one my hair prior to relaxing, I noticed a difference in thinning on the relaxed ends as well as better texlaxed results.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hi, newbie here. This place is a wealth of information and inspiring.

I have a question for PhytoSpe users. Would the experts recommend CHI Silk Infusion for PhytoSpecific users? I used index 2 for the first time after a year of new growth. I recently retouched with index 1 but was so underproccessed, I'm thinking of using index 2 on my next retouch.

Not an expert but I did add some silk peptide powder to my texturizer last year and it came out terribly underprocessed. But I was also taking biotin with keratin and I did the midstep protein treatment too.

Back