The right way to Texturize....

DangerouslyShy

I think my hairdresser did it wrong...what she did was use dudleys mild relaxer...which she used on my hair when i got it relaxedd as well....she left it on for about 15-20 mins but she smoothed it....
should she have combed it? just to loosen the curls...Im really confused on the right method of texturizing...now all that newgrowth i had is basically straight!! so i have to start all over again /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Whats the right way enlighten me so i can enlighten her...lool

oh and she said my hair would not be curly with a texturizer...what would it be?! my hair is a 3c at the nape area and 4a every where else...what would it be?

Im so confused... /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

My hair isn't curly either it's more wavy. Different textures will need different methods and relaxer strengths to achieve texturized hair. It's hard to say one way is for everybody. For example, I know some here texturize 5-8 minutes with a regular lye relaxer..no smoothing and it works well for them. I on the other hand use mild lye relaxer and I smooth it and leave it on for 13 minutes. All to achieve a texturized look. You have to know what look you're after and if the 15-20 minutes was too long then next time do 10 minutes with smoothing or keep with the 15-20 minutes but no smoothing maybe just one comb through. There are many ways to go about it...not much help eh? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Performing strand tests are the only way to ensure the results you desire, you will have a good estimate of timing, strength of relaxer and techinique e.g smoothing or no smoothing. doing one section at a time my help.i'm still trying to master it myself, some areas of my head are a little underprocessed, but shouldn't cause major issues, i'll probably correct it in 3 1/2 month's time, when i get a lot of newgrowth.

here's a thread demonstrates how curlycurly does her strand tests

curlycurly

this is how I do mine

Den1

Btw, i'm mainly 4a/ with a little 3c and my hair is curly with a texturizer, you mentioned you have 3c, so it would be curly once texturized accordingly.

DS If your happy with Dudley's mild then there is no need to change.

[ QUOTE ]
DangerouslyShy said:
Thank you for explaining i never did any chemical processes to my own hair and I have been going to the same hairdresser all my life...

I understand the importance of a strand test...and I use dudleys mild...should i try affirm mild?

I have pictures of my newgrowth in my album of the 4a hair well i believe is 4a..could someone help me out with that?

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/curls_and_naps/pic0213.html

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:

[ QUOTE ]
DangerouslyShy said:
Thank you for explaining i never did any chemical processes to my own hair and I have been going to the same hairdresser all my life...

I understand the importance of a strand test...and I use dudleys mild...should i try affirm mild?

I have pictures of my newgrowth in my album of the 4a hair well i believe is 4a..could someone help me out with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I just never used anything else should i switch up maybe the dudleys mild is too strong...thats why my hair ended up relaxing to the most part...

den1 if your hair is a 4a too I know my hair could have curls..im getting a new hairdresser...cause she is always telling me false information...
she said remi hair has synthtic hair and asian hair in it...im like no its indian hair from temples...but nah she knws EVERYTHING

I recommend finding a hairdresser which specializes in texturizing and one who will respect your wishes. You could give Affirm mild a try, but it really depends on timing, your relaxer is being left on too long, you probably only need 5-10 minutes to acheive a texturized look. i'm also 3c at nape and 4a everywhere else, i have a few straight sections too from my last hairstylist which is why i decided to take matters in my own hands. Good luck

[ QUOTE ]
DangerouslyShy said:
[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:

[ QUOTE ]
DangerouslyShy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I just never used anything else should i switch up maybe the dudleys mild is too strong...thats why my hair ended up relaxing to the most part...

den1 if your hair is a 4a too I know my hair could have curls..im getting a new hairdresser...cause she is always telling me false information...
she said remi hair has synthtic hair and asian hair in it...im like no its indian hair from temples...but nah she knws EVERYTHING

[/ QUOTE ]

Back