The orginal Fine hair thread 2013

Hi Ladies ,
I dont post much as of late because my life has become very busy but if I can get about 5-6 people who would like to purchase from the french site I can send everything out once it arrives for a total of ~25 each.
ETA $25 includes shipping:)

Originally Posted by coolsista-paris
MileHighDiva
KiWiStyle
DarkJoy

I bought the machine and the mixer on a frech website. this website is the BOMB .all oils, powders, materials even to make your own make up. containers Name it all it on there.

http://www.aroma-zone.com/aroma/accessoire_fra.asp

its the "Bol chauffant cosmétique"
and the "Batteur-Mousseur à piles"

winona
So this is a melting device and a mixer in one??

winona
So this is a melting device and a mixer in one??

From the looks of the website no it is 2 separate pieces. The controlled melting device and a mini blending device with I think 5 different attachments depending on what you want the outcome to be ( smooth, airy, ect)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

NefertariBlu

Your cuticles might be raised due to high porosity hair. Do you do anything to close the cuticle after washing/cowashing?

Chelating poos remove hard water deposits and minerals left behind by chemical treatments. Any sulfate poo can clarify. This is just removing product buildup from oils, conditioners and stuff. I love the SM Retention poo too. Its really moisturizing!

I haven't tried rhassoul clay yet but I read that it clarifies and moisturizes nicely. I love australian pink clay though. You prob dont need a clarifying poo as long as you have rhassoul. I chelate once a month with ORS creamy aloe poo

Ok, this sounds good to me. I totally dread shampoo coming in contact with my hair. I will stick to the clay washes. I really like them.

I don't really use silicones much, but l do use gel from time to time so l suppose l dont need to clarify as much.

The only thing l do to close my cuticles is to rinse with cool water. That's it.

Also, my hair is quite fragile. I notice when l do protein treatments my hair is nice and strong, but the effects don't last very long. So this has got me thinking, l need to do weekly protein treatments to keep it healthy and strong.

So l use the aphogee green tea reconstructor once a week. Stopped sealing my ends so regularly and have just been misting my hair with s curl. So far so good as l am seeing less splits.

I don't think l am ever going to have split free hair and from reading through l realise that dusting every 6-8 weeks is what l have to do to keep the ends healthy.
Thanks for all the great advice ladies. Along with this thread and the science of black hair book l think l will make better progress.:yep:

I know this. My paragraph about DCing before shampooing was in response to this statement you made:

I assumed you were not talmbout oils but were referring to DC treatments that you buy. So I was saying, as long as you follow the directions for the product in question, then you know you are getting the most from the product.

Oh yeah i see. Sorry.
You are right.I was referring to dc treatments :-),but after reading all of your answers its best for me to try dc after poo (even if its more time Grrrrr) and leave pre poo to oils. + maybe à bit of à conditionner,not sûre yet.

And i will also stick to instructions of products.
I feel like buying another dc but i still have half of my elasta qp dpr+11 left.... No expenses,i have to save ! I also have so many oils i havent used .im gonna use all those for pre poo.

Last edited:
I guess I'll start off with a pic of my thinness
IMG_20130403_164756_zpse7379711.jpg

U c how the parts r huge and the braids r tiny. Smh.
So I've started hot oil treatments or dc with heat every wash day and scalp massages every 2-3 days with jbco and tea tree oil

So I've started hot oil treatments or dc with heat every wash day and scalp massages every 2-3 days with jbco and tea tree oil

My aunts hair is exaclty like yours. She has fine hair,never relaxed it,is in ps 365 days à year(she never wears her hair in any styles but braids braids braids like on your pic.
She is waist lenght.... And has always had long hair,in à ps.

NefertariBlu

You might wanna try an acv rinse to close your cuticles and stop your hair from tangling/sticking together. I like the aphogee green tea a lot too. It gives a light shot of protein anytime you need it.

Also, I use henna gloss treatments to help keep my hair strong between protein treatments. Henna also helps me manage my NG. I also use cassia, amla, bhringraj and brahmi powders a few times a month to help maintain the strength.

With reading TSOBH and getting on LHCF you're on track for growth, strength, health and beautiful hair!

Happy HHJ!

Last edited:

I could have posted this exact picture. Large parted sections, tiny braids/twists. I always do my twists on wet hair (so they swell and shrink) and roll them so I can have some fake volume. Lol.

I could have posted this exact picture. Large parted sections, tiny braids/twists. I always do my twists on wet hair (so they swell and shrink) and roll them so I can have some fake volume. Lol.

My hair does well with wet twists. It's when I dry braid that it gets scalpy. I did do mini twists dry and I liked them. My hair looked full. Now for vacation I'm going to try mini braids. (Lord help me taking them out) bunning the braids of course.

Ok, this sounds good to me. I totally dread shampoo coming in contact with my hair. I will stick to the clay washes. I really like them.

I don't really use silicones much, but l do use gel from time to time so l suppose l dont need to clarify as much.

The only thing l do to close my cuticles is to rinse with cool water. That's it.

Also, my hair is quite fragile. I notice when l do protein treatments my hair is nice and strong, but the effects don't last very long. So this has got me thinking, l need to do weekly protein treatments to keep it healthy and strong.

So l use the aphogee green tea reconstructor once a week. Stopped sealing my ends so regularly and have just been misting my hair with s curl. So far so good as l am seeing less splits.

I don't think l am ever going to have split free hair and from reading through l realise that dusting every 6-8 weeks is what l have to do to keep the ends healthy.
Thanks for all the great advice ladies. Along with this thread and the science of black hair book l think l will make better progress.:yep:

u absolutely must try this.shampoo if u every decide to use shampoo again.

IMG_20130622_090402_zpsea04827d.jpg

it's the same company that sells jbco.
ingredients: Jamaican black castor oil, essential oils of pimento, lavender and lemon, aloe Vera and rosemary extracts, organic saponified(w/e that means) organic oils of coconut, olive and jojoba oils, vegetable gum/ glycerine extract
the front says it has Shea butter as well. I've also added tea.tree oil to the mix
One side actually says it doesn't contain sulfates, alcohol or commercial chemicals. 100°/. natural

it comes in an 8oz bottle but I've had one bottle since this past Dec. and have over a quarter left. it's thick.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I was thinking about giving that a try, but its not really available here. I would have to order it online. I do use the castor oil and l really like that. Thanks for the suggestion.

@NefertariBlu my hair is like yours and HATES shampoo. I also use clays. I will also use Ayurvedic powders. However, because my hair is highly porous (like yours) I HAVE TO heavy seal with thick butters and even grease in the winter to retain any moisture. Only way outta that is to clarify. I've found 2 ways to use chelating and clarifying shampoos recently with success (otherwise I have a dry strawlike mess). Either I:

-Prepoo with SM Purification Masque or a cheap conditioner like V05 leave it on for a few. Dilute the shampoo, 1-2 tsps in a 16oz cup of warm water, and froth it up. I then pour it over the conditioner on my head. It cuts through the condish just enough and my hair is not stripped.

-No pre-poo and a lesser dilution of 1 tsp or less if its going straight onto my hair. Now, there's not much suds this way but it STILL comes out clean.

Doing the dilutions made me realize how OVERLY strong these shampoos are. They work on a teaspoon or two! Ridiculous.

I agree with the ACV rinses too. Same dilution but @Nonie is the resident expert on ACV rinses. They make the hair smoother and curled styles more defined.

ETA: I have a TWA still, but obviously if your hair is longer you might need to use a teaspoon or more shampoo in the dilution.

Last edited:
@DarkJoy l never thought about diluting it:perplexed

Have an applicator bottle which l can use to dilute the shampoo. Thanks for the tip. What clay do you use?
I use bentonite, rhassoul and pink australian. The pink is more like a conditioner its so moisturizing so I use that last. It also makes a great winter facial mask when the air is real dry

Killahkurlz
This is exactly how my mini braids look. That's why I prefer when my mini braids get fuzzy b/c they look fuller. I wear them in a bun and rinse/cowash daily until they get fuzzy and then I start wearing them out.

GL w/your massages! DCing w/heat may help as well.

MT helped me too. It didn't give me phenomenal growth but my hair does get fuller when I use it. I also use mostly ayurvedic powders in my hair. I posted some pix upthread to show how they have really helped to make my hair more fluffy.

Killahkurlz your braids look just like mine. That's why I stopped doing them. :look: I stick with twists. :yep:

Attachments

• Scalpy braids.jpg
    Scalpy braids.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Ceramide shine 2.jpg
    Ceramide shine 2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 55
Killahkurlz
This is exactly how my mini braids look. That's why I prefer when my mini braids get fuzzy b/c they look fuller. I wear them in a bun and rinse/cowash daily until they get fuzzy and then I start wearing them out.

GL w/your massages! DCing w/heat may help as well.

MT helped me too. It didn't give me phenomenal growth but my hair does get fuller when I use it. I also use mostly ayurvedic powders in my hair. I posted some pix upthread to show how they have really helped to make my hair more fluffy.

What is MT?

^^^ Yeah, I tried to make myself feel better by putting "medium density" in my siggy. :look: I'm a little jealous of ppl with high density hair. For example some ppl's twists look like extensions...not gonna point no fingers, no elbows, or name no names *cough BraunSugar cough*. They are so plentiful!

Killahkurlz my side profile looks like yours as well...looks like I have a decent amount of hair.

So. With the tip that DarkJoy gave me, l diluted ogr creamy aloe shampoo. I used two teaspoons and added.water. Say it on my hair and washed once. Then l used the deep conditioning replenishing pak and followed the instructions for that. Then l followed with an acv rinse.

let it air dry and once it was nearly dry i sprayed it with s curl. So far l am really liking how its turned out.

I bought samples of the ors products to test them. I like them so far but will use them a couple more times before l can add them to my staples.

I have never done an acv rinse. There is soooo much info about it which kinda put me off. For time reason it just sounds really drying.

I decided to use 3 teaspoons of acv and dilute it in lots of water. I will try this again next week instead if my clay to test it out again.

Oh, l also did a small length check and my hair is longer than l thought. So that has made me happy. Just need to be patient.

^^^ Yeah, I tried to make myself feel better by putting "medium density" in my siggy. :look: I'm a little jealous of ppl with high density hair. For example some ppl's twists look like extensions...not gonna point no fingers, no elbows, or name no names *cough @BraunSugar cough*. They are so plentiful!

@Killahkurlz my side profile looks like yours as well...looks like I have a decent amount of hair.

Froreal3 LOL! I used to think I had low density hair :look: but it turns out that it is only lower density along the perimeter in the front. I wish I could wear my twists but they tangle up so much after a few weeks and Idk how to stop them from doing that. I have tried so many things. :(

So. With the tip that @DarkJoy gave me, l diluted ogr creamy aloe shampoo. I used two teaspoons and added.water. Say it on my hair and washed once. Then l used the deep conditioning replenishing pak and followed the instructions for that. Then l followed with an acv rinse.

let it air dry and once it was nearly dry i sprayed it with s curl. So far l am really liking how its turned out.
Glad you like how it turned out NefertariBlu! :yep:

I think like with most things ACV rinses are cumulative. When not in a PS, I'll do them every week and I definitely see a diff in smoothness. Same with the protein reconstructors strengthening and thickening hair. It's not all at once. Takes months. So yea, like you said...patience...:look:

It looks like we're all suffering from fine and low density hair :-(.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Yeah, I hates it...I already know when I grow longer my buns will be a sad sad sight. Will probably always have to add hair to make buns look full :nono:

Thanks to my high protein regimen I am finally very close to APL. It's been long since I posted on the forum (PC gone to heaven). I am glad of my progress, this is the first time in my life to get to this length.

This made me realise that if I want length and strength I can never use a relaxer unless I commit to regular visits to the salon every week for a DC as a student. Ain't nobody got time for that!!!!

Froreal3 LOL! I used to think I had low density hair :look: but it turns out that it is only lower density along the perimeter in the front. I wish I could wear my twists but they tangle up so much after a few weeks and Idk how to stop them from doing that. I have tried so many things. :(

Some ppl put a roller on the ends

Back