I got my sew-in on Dec 29. I don't like it at all:mad:
I will leave it in until mid-feb and the next one will stay in until May1

Nita_h said:
I'm in

Nita, why don't you like it.

what dont you like about ur weave?

I did my weave , a full head of curly hair, and i plan on keeping it in my head for a minimum of 2months..

Nita_h said:
I'm in

I don't klike my sewin either because it makes my head itch like crazy and it doesnt look good. I am taking it out today and getting my hair twisted again.

I plan on going on a wig challenge umtil next year. My regime includes. co wash every other day, mtg daily, shampoo and deep conditioner twice a month. I have 9 inches of natural hair and my goal is to have 18 inches of natural hair in a 1 1/2 years. Cross your fingers. Rigth now my hair is three inches away from brastrap and this is the longest my hair has ever been and I have just begun to stick to a real regime prior to this washing my hair every two to three months without any daily moisture. Cross your fingers for me

I am in also. I got my sew-in weave the 1st of december and will keep it until mid feburary. Then I will take it out, give my hair a rest for 3 weeks then wear my weave for another 10 weeks or so. I am also 100% natural.

Check My Regimen:

1/09/05- Wash, Deep condition, oil scalp and sew in weave.
3/06/05- Take down weave, wash, deep condition, Start using MTG and use baggie method.
4/13/05-Relax

In the weave I will oil scalp with olive oil and wash only once a week to preserve the weave. I will use MTG to thicken up my hair up until the week before my relaxer. I want to make sure I don't suffer from damage during this time so if anyone sees holes in my regimen please let me know. TIA!

HoneyDew said:
Nita, why don't you like it.

Some of my hair was left out for blending. She used 1B which like dark brown and my hair is black. It looks like a very bad weave job. I tried coloring the hair that was left out. I used a honey brown rinse. It didn't change not 1 shade, it's still much darker than the weave

im getting to the point where im hating my sewin hair..i love it when i leave my place because its laying just right and all in the right place...but by the time i go a couple of hours or go somewhere its all tangled,sometimes all over the place, and the portion that i have turned over has dropped...what is it the hair that i brought?...is there something i could do to stop this from happening??? i think it was the brand called Evonne...its so nerve wrecking...i will never buy this brand of hair again...i usually buy Urban Beauty..i dont remember having this problem with Urban Beauty...or i might try Remy...does anyone apply oil to the weave itself? i was just wondering because i thought if i applied a little creme to it that it would be better and not all over the place....BTW i asked in a earlier post if anyone knew of a nice wave type hair that i could get for my next sewin you know i get kind of tired of curling the straight hair...

Hey Ladies,

I am in with you guys on the sew in challenge! I got mine on Monday January 2, 2006. I love it! I have all the hair on my sides out in the front and back (I just couldn't risk that hair being pulled into a tight braid!) The rest of my hair in the middle is braded in rows and all the tracks are facing the back. I got my hair done like this because I wear a ponytail the whole time i'm in a sew in! I absolutely love it! I've been spraying my scalp morining and night with my surge and mtg mix, as well as using infusium. I use s curl on my hair thats out to smooth it down. I plan on keeping it up @ least a month (I get bored very easily!) I am hoping it will last until March 1! HHG.

bluediamond0829 said:
girl i am loving ur hair so much...it is so pretty...and it looks so so natural....i am loving the highlights...next time im getting highlights for sure...

Thanks so much.
But why didnt somebody tell me the MGT doesnt go well the Outre Remi hair:mad: I had to wash my hair because it absorbed so much oil until it got slick and limp. I have to go to the stylist to blend the front again. :( So this weave is costin alot more than planned. Im going curly or spanish wave in Feb.

mysweetevie said:
Thanks so much.
But why didnt somebody tell me the MGT doesnt go well the Outre Remi hair:mad: I had to wash my hair because it absorbed so much oil until it got slick and limp. I have to go to the stylist to blend the front again. :( So this weave is costin alot more than planned. Im going curly or spanish wave in Feb.

girl i had the same problem..when i used my Urban beauty hair and used WGHO on it...i applied it to my scalp and then wrapped it up in a scarf..the next morning my weave looked so so oily that i couldnt do anything with it..so i came home tried to wash it..which was successful and it wouldve held up but instead the girl that did my sewin used glue around my edges(big no no) i want my edges..and that lifted up..so tried to make it stay and it wldnt work and then i think a piece of the sewin ended up coming loose and i had to take it out...all that work trying to keep it in..and that was only after keeping it in for just 4 days...

thats kind of why im scared to even try to put MTG or any oil right now in my hair..i might get too heavy handed with it..and it may end up like before...thats why im sticking with either applying it(Mango butter) or spraying it with the Scurl/Surge/infusim mixture....at least i have some control of that and it wont run onto my weave...and its not oily...

bluediamond0829 said:
im getting to the point where im hating my sewin hair..i love it when i leave my place because its laying just right and all in the right place...but by the time i go a couple of hours or go somewhere its all tangled,sometimes all over the place, and the portion that i have turned over has dropped...what is it the hair that i brought?...is there something i could do to stop this from happening??? i think it was the brand called Evonne...its so nerve wrecking...i will never buy this brand of hair again...i usually buy Urban Beauty..i dont remember having this problem with Urban Beauty...or i might try Remy...does anyone apply oil to the weave itself? i was just wondering because i thought if i applied a little creme to it that it would be better and not all over the place....BTW i asked in a earlier post if anyone knew of a nice wave type hair that i could get for my next sewin you know i get kind of tired of curling the straight hair...

I have the goddess remi body wave in and it's working out pretty good. Since I've washed it, it's not as wavy as it was fresh out the pack but now that I've gotten the right combo of products in it after I wash it, it looks pretty good. This is definitely easier than having to curl the straight hair though. I don't think I'm gonna go back to straight hair. I'll just reuse this hair and straighten it if need be. HTH...

bmoreflyygirl said:
I have the goddess remi body wave in and it's working out pretty good. Since I've washed it, it's not as wavy as it was fresh out the pack but now that I've gotten the right combo of products in it after I wash it, it looks pretty good. This is definitely easier than having to curl the straight hair though. I don't think I'm gonna go back to straight hair. I'll just reuse this hair and straighten it if need be. HTH...

thanks i'll give it try...

look at you looking pretty like a model..you go...
how is your hair sewin???? does it tangle much or shed???

Last edited:
bluediamond0829 said:
thanks i'll give it try...

look at you looking pretty like a model..you go...
how is your hair sewin???? does it tangle much or shed???

Thanks. That was an instant weave in that picture. The weave I have now is just sewn in with a little bit out in the front for blending. The cornrows are straight back with synthetic hair. I've been cowashing it every few days until I figured out how to get the waves to stay. I haven't had any tangling and little bit of shedding. Not nearly as much as the regular BSS hair though.

bluediamond0829 said:
okay i just started this challenge and i have a question i got my sew-in done..but the hairdresser used some glue at the top around the front(dont ask me why i dont know) but what im afraid of now is putting too much oil in my hair..because you know how oil can loosen bonded in parts...and then im scared to shampoo this part or wet it...then i thought that since she did this im probably going to have to cut back on the time that i keep this in with it having some places where it is bond in...its not that much of bond in...because i wouldve went crazy if it was...my question is will it loosen those parts up if i use too much oil or try to shampoo???

Okay update dont ever ever use MTG and WHGO together and apply it to the scalp..i woke up this morning from putting this to my scalp and my weave was so oily and wet looking..it looked crazy...so what did i have to do..of course wash it...so i went and brought the shampoo that the weave package recommended i use...its Jamaican Dream Lemongrass shampoo...i rinsed my hair first then sprayed it with this shampoo then rinsed it out...after that i blowdryed it...i had to glue the edges where they had lifted up and finally the hair looks alot better than what it did and i was able to get the top of my hair to look better to cover up the top...i think im going to try to find a different person to sew in my hair...she was cheap but i think i could find someone that doesnt use the glue because im fearing for my edges...so i made the decision that this may hold up for maybe 6 weeks instead of 8 im crossing my fingers because i never kept a sew in that long in..usually i keep it in for around 4 weeks...so i think i would be trying to push it too far for 8 weeks...
Find someone who braids then sew it in yourself, just wear a headwrap or hat home.
Now the glue, Oh no that's really bad news, hairglue will mess up your hair and any growth your trying to get. You might want to use the oil/grease and get that oil out and sew that part onto the braid.
I'm un-offically on this challenge I do this off and on all the time. When I do this I braid my hair in a spiral around my head, I alternate which side I start from each time. form outside edges braid in. Sew in the weave in the same direction, you'll need @ least 2-3 hair packets of weaving to get it thick enough to cover the braid tracks, BTW don't make the edge hairline too tight, no brushing or pulling it, just smooth it down w. your hands and oils/butters scurl etc... and you use a headband to cover the front/back.
I used to have someone do it for me, but I learned it myself, saving tons of $ this way, I was going to go into detail in my journal but the journals are still down. HTH

Last edited:
bmoreflyygirl said:
Why don't you like it Nita?

Some of my hair was left out for blending. She used 1B which like dark brown and my hair is black. It looks like a very bad weave job. I tried coloring the hair that was left out. I used a honey brown rinse. It didn't change not 1 shade, it's still much darker than the weave

Any updates ladies? I took my weave out on Monday. Decided to skip the relaxer. I'm taking a break for a week or two. Then it's back to the weave. Not sure what kind of hair though. Thinking about a lighter color.

i still have my sew in weave in....yesterday made it a total of 5 weeks...its holding up okay...im really kind of ready to take it out and change the hair to something more easy where i dont have to curl it...and also to add some hair with streaks in it...i usually kept weaves in for i believe up to 4 to 5 weeks...so this is good for me to not have taking it out...

Nita_h said:
Does sew-in grow hair faster than getting it glued in?

I always thought it did but I'm no expert. That glue can take your hair out though. Besides sew ins last longer. One of my friends has a short haircut and she always gets hers glued. And her hair grows fine. Personally, I hate the glue. I've only had it if I had to have a few tracks added to my hair for a particular style or occasion or something. I hate how it feels and then they come up on the edges. Then again I guess that's with any track. Once I had a sew in where the stylist cut the track after she sewed each row in and the edges came up with those too. It was a pain in the ass. I don't know why she didn't just keep going. HTH...

Nita_h said:
Does sew-in grow hair faster than getting it glued in?

I believe that sewins do make your hair grow faster than glue in....i know ive been advertising her website so much...but she is truly and inspiration to me and some others on this forum...take a look and see how much sewins can make hair grow with proper care.....

http://public.fotki.com/Reniece20/

i really think that glue is so messy...and then sometimes even when ive had some tracks glued in all i can worry about is how a pain in the butt its going to be to get it out...and i hope it doesnt be messy...and then you have to make sure you get all of the glue out...sometimes it is best to go to a professional stylist to remove the glue...and sometimes glue can result in thinning hair...Reniece also explains it and how it thinned her hair out....

Hey ladies,

I took my first sew in out yesterday! I had it in for 3weeks 3 days, so I guess a month. That is soooooo good for me b/c I usually keep only 2 weeks. I plan on getting it redone this weekend. I got some new hair, and can't wait to redo! I noticed so much growth! My hair looks and feels so much thicker! When I took the braids out, my hair was so soft and not hard and dry like before I knew how to take care of my sew in. I have not flat ironed to measure, and do not plan on doing that until May, but I feel January's sew in was successful. I will redo my sew in every month until May. My scalp does feel pretty sore I don't know if it's from the WGO SURGE/MTG mix, or if it's from my hair growing. Does anyone else experience sore scalp when their hair is growing? I think that's what it is. I also experienced the itches really bad with this sew in! Good luck ladies, and I'll update you all @ the end of February! I have been taking pictures, but I won't post until May 06, so everyone can see my 1 year hair growth comparison shots! I know I know, u wanna c now, but I'ma make yall wait!

pretty-girl#1 said:
My scalp does feel pretty sore I don't know if it's from the WGO SURGE/MTG mix, or if it's from my hair growing. Does anyone else experience sore scalp when their hair is growing? I think that's what it is.
My scalp has been really sore lately too. I hope that means my hair is growing! :lol: Anyone else experience this too? Is that really what it means? I usually relax at about 12 weeks but I'm on like 9 and my hair is out of control. I definitely called and made an appt to get my hair relaxed on thursday. Maybe this means my vitamins are working. Guess I should start taking them more regularly then...

:( Ok ladies, I had this weave since New years and im getting bored. I want try something new. :ohwell: So my weaver suggested this...

Weeks 1 & 2 brastrap
Weeks 3 & 4 Mid Back
Week 5 & 6 Shoulder

I think this plan will work....also I need a touch up because i havent had one. My next full weave is Feb 10 :up:

Question do you only touch up your hair that's out or the entire head?

yall are bored...im bored out of mind...im trying to stray from the challenge because im wanting to just cut my hair and start over and start going to someone for treatments on a regular basis...im sick and tired of weaves and braids...i have been doing weaves and braids for a year(2005) and judging by pics before i put this weave in im just ready to go and start over...im sorry im just venting right now...but let me see if i have the same thought when i take it out...its six weeks for me...and goin on 9 weeks for me without a relaxer..and my edges are so nappy...but i really want to go to a professional to do my chemical services....

Ms Sweetevie when you mention week 1 and 2 for brastrap etc...that mean after the two weeks u are going to take your weave out and put another weave in for midback to be worn for weeks 3 and 4???

im thinking of trying to switch my weave out once a month..where it for four weeks and then change it etc...

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,
I officially want to join this challenge. This is my first time wearing a weave and so far I love it. I am kind of worried about not weighing the weave hair down with oils but keeping my own scalp moisturized. I am also having some problems with the frizzies. I think I just need to buy better hair.
I plan on keeping the weave in until April but I will get it redone at the end of February.

Hi yall..chiming in..my weave will be 1 month old feb 1st..wich is in 5 days..i already have 1/4 inch of new growth..i thought i would be able to keep this weave in for 3 month...i doubt it, but ima stretch this sucka out for 8 weeks, ima tighten it up this week, that tighten session should take my weave 1 month longer..but so far so good..my hair is still looking good , ima wash it this week and do a hot oil and deep condition on the hair weave..
keep weavin yall! we can do it!

Back