The next big step in your relationship, he buys you pet

FemmeFatale

Lol, does anyone believe this?? My gfs seem to believe that if a man gets you a pet, his next step is a baby and marriage..:lol: then I sat back and thought of some of the couples I know and true enough, their SOs started off their new families with tea cup yorkies and Pomeranians!

I have a Pom. And I had a Yorkie. My ex-husband got me Zippy as a gift 5 months into the marriage.

If my dude got me a dog, he would have to give it to his son or back from wherever he bought it from. I don't want any more pets and would be insulted. I got enough going on in my life to add another dang dog. BTW, I am an animal lover, LOL!

Why couldn't he buy me something else, that is inanimate? Like a Neverfull LV bag or a hefty gift card to Sephora? Or he11 what about a trip?

A dog?!!!!!!! :(

My kinda gift...
I have a Pom. And I had a Yorkie. My ex-husband got me Zippy as a gift 5 months into the marriage.

If my dude got me a dog, he would have to give it to his son or back from wherever he bought it from. I don't want any more pets and would be insulted. I got enough going on in my life to add another dang dog. BTW, I am an animal lover, LOL!

Why couldn't he buy me something else, that is inanimate? Like a Neverfull LV bag or a hefty gift card to Sephora? Or he11 what about a trip?

Lol! What color is your Pom? I live the little black ones. I'm not really a pet person but I would keep a tea cup dog if my SO got me one.

My ex-fiance couldn't afford a ring at the time he asked my hand, but he knew I always wanted a Lhasa Apso. He went to a top breeder in Kentucky and bought me a Lhasa puppy and I was in :love:. The pup's name was "Blaze O' Glory Seng Khi" I loved that dog; he was my little man! :lol:

I would prefer a lot of other things over a dog and the guy that I'm seeing should be able to pick up on that!

no sir. if i want a pet i'll get one myself, thank you very much. i'd return it since the idea of cleaning up the eliminated bowel movements of an animal for the remainder of its life isn't exactly a "gift" i'd like to accept. :look:

Lol! What color is your Pom? I live the little black ones. I'm not really a pet person but I would keep a tea cup dog if my SO got me one.

FemmeFatale, Zippy is orange-sable. When I got him he was brown, gray, black and white. When the uglies kicked in (around 5 months old) his fur fell out and he was orange-sable. LOL! :lol:

I agree but with an age limitation. Maybe early 20s like when I was given a cat for a gift. I can't see this being the case at 35/40 years old.

I already have two dogs as it is. My boyfriend's mom gave me a terrier mix her she couldn't keep. So no more pets for me but I noticed some things about him that were different from the other guys I've dated. Maybe it's because he's 27 and is reaching that age of wanting to settle down. We're getting pretty serious at this point. A couple months ago we were at a family bbq. Before we left his father said, "See you around, future daughter-in law." I knew we were serious just because I was around his family and friends but that opened my eyes a bit more regarding our relationship.

I think there might be some truth to that. FH and I had been together for about 6 months when my birthday rolled around and he said that he wanted to get "us" a puppy for my birthday so that we could practice for a baby. I'm glad he didn't go through with it because I did not want a dog then.:lachen:

The point is that he was very invested in our future and he was ready for us to share something together like a pet.

Er... Um... No. I don't much care for pets. It's hypocritical since I have a chihuahua but I had no say in getting him. But no, a pet as a gift would be a no go with me.

I think there might be some truth to that. FH and I had been together for about 6 months when my birthday rolled around and he said that he wanted to get "us" a puppy for my birthday so that we could practice for a baby. I'm glad he didn't go through with it because I did not want a dog then.:lachen:

The point is that he was very invested in our future and he was ready for us to share something together like a pet.

Aww that was so cute of him!

My male colleague told me that his ex gf back in high school got him a dog as a gift during their senior year and his mom flipped out and made him return it :lol: Now I see why, lol.

Back