The Longer My Hair Gets

KhandiB

The more i notice it tangles somethin serious

I was gettin so frustrated last night trying to detangle my hair in the shower using cholesterol..

Which mind you Im p'd off at right now, cuz it has not done right by me the last 2 times I used it..

soooooooo...

What suggesstions do you all have in regards to detangling , my hiar has NEVER been tangly like this :lol:

Many wash their hair in plaits to help with the tangles. I'm this close to trying 2 or 4 plaits for wash days! I have good results with detangling before I wash out the conditioner.

Ha, tangles suck.

As for what you could do, try a detangling conditioner after your regular conditioner. Paul Mitchell's The Detangler works great when wanting to detangle, especially if you have a lot of newgrowth. You could also opt for a spray detangler. I have Bain de Terre's Herbal Sea Mist (Trade Secret, $7.50), and it detangles really well. I just find that it isn't the best combination when used with my Elucence, which is odd. It'll make my hair feel a little more "stringy" when using it after my Elucence MB conditioner, but after other conditioners, it's fine. Anyhoo, HTH.

ETA: Oh, and the Jilbere Shower Comb is the bomb when detangling in the shower!!!!

Well I was up last night too pooing and DCing because I was very busy lately and my hair got the end of the stick (never again), I put some roux porosity control in and it detangled like nobodys business, and that dangon Jilbere comb didn't help none, I used a regular comb from the ends up and my hair detangled very easy especially w/this NG. So I say get yourself a bottle of Porosity control, and if you feel or know that your hair is already tangled especially at the roots apply it b4 pooing on wet hair, but I like to use it also as a final comb through rinse. HTH's

I REALLY LOVE Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner/Detangler for detangling. I purchased mine through amazon.com. Do a Google search. It's still out there. Works like a charm and smells just like pink grapefruit.

nexxus_ensure_conditioner_1.jpg

Unfortunatley my water doesnt stay hot long enough to use techniques like that :lol:

CON does it great, I just havent found a conditioner tha does the same :)

and I have the Jilbere comb.. :D

alexstin said:
Many wash their hair in plaits to help with the tangles. I'm this close to trying 2 or 4 plaits for wash days! I have good results with detangling before I wash out the conditioner.

I can't really answer the question when it comes to flat ironing since I haven't used any direct heat like that in a while.

The Paul Mitchell Detangler does offer a great amount of slip, and it even at times makes my hair very slippery when trying to rollerset it. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing, but it detangles great. I bought a liter of this stuff a few months ago but put it away. I've recently re-discovered it so that it could help me work with my newgrowth better (I'm 10 weeks post). No sense in wasting it.

CantBeCopied said:
I REALLY LOVE Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner/Detangler for detangling. I purchased mine through amazon.com. Do a Google search. It's still out there. Works like a charm and smells just like pink grapefruit.

I second that! it's AWESOME for detangling, i just don't recommend using it as a deep conditioner... it did nothing for me when i tried using it for that

CantBeCopied said:

KhandiB: Hey girl, I have a bottle of this stuff in my bathroom just waiting for someone to take it off my hands. I've only used it a couple times so if you want it, you can have it:)

Girl I had that problem. Here is what solved it for me:

Washing UNDER the shower water-the sink was KILLING me.

Detangling UNDER the shower water.

Not manipulating the actual hair strands when washing. Just using my fingertips and massaging and not my hands. Also, I massaged with my head titled back. I stopped using my palms to lather my hair around the shampoo, that caused mass chaos for me.

I find Humecto and Keracare Detangling poo. I would poo with that, and add my humecto, detangle and add my aveda dr conditioner.

:D

:D

Ill try it :)

nelli711 said:
KhandiB: Hey girl, I have a bottle of this stuff in my bathroom just waiting for someone to take it off my hands. I've only used it a couple times so if you want it, you can have it:)

Have you tried pre-pooing? I would pre-poo with your favorite conditioners (I like Sedal) and sit with a hot towel and plastic cap over it (Macherieamor's method). When you go to wash, your hair will be so soft and manageable!

Biolage detangling solution has been a God send because I am 1/2 relaxed and 1/2 tetralaxed and the slip is soooo amazing, there is no tangle I cannot get out with this stuff even if I am 4 months post relaxer. Hope this helps

OneInAMillion said:
Have you tried pre-pooing? I would pre-poo with your favorite conditioners (I like Sedal) and sit with a hot towel and plastic cap over it (Macherieamor's method). When you go to wash, your hair will be so soft and manageable!

Yes, yes, yes this is the secret weapon. I swear by it nowadays

The ONLY thing I have ever used that left my hair tangle free (no combing necessary...I was able to use a baby brush to smooth and that was that) was Motions silk protein.

CantBeCopied said:

Good info! I haven't tried this one. I didn't know amazon.com sold Nexxus.

Nexxus Headress Leave-in or Biolage Leave-in Hair Tonic makes my comb slip through. Nexxus Humectress detangles my hair also after deep conditioning with it and rinsing under the shower. I too use my Jilbere comb.

Back