Is it only me??? who gets those nasty tangles?

My df, said that the longer my hair gets, the faster the ends will break due to the tangles. Is this true, if so, is it possible to 'loosen' up my texture a little?

My df, said that the longer my hair gets, the faster the ends will break due to the tangles. Is this true, if so, is it possible to 'loosen' up my texture a little?

i say look around at the ladies here and you will see that that dosent have to be true. there are methods to combat these issues.

i say look around at the ladies here and you will see that that dosent have to be true. there are methods to combat these issues.

I understand. I'm just a little nervous because starting June, I am going to do wash and go's for the entire summer to prevent me from using alot of heat I just had issues with tangles. This has worked for me last summer, but hopefully I will be able to combat this issue successfully.

I understand. I'm just a little nervous because starting June, I am going to do wash and go's for the entire summer to prevent me from using alot of heat I just had issues with tangles. This has worked for me last summer, but hopefully I will be able to combat this issue successfully.

well my advice is to try washing in braids like i described earlier. and keep reading about what the ladies who have the hair you want are doing. and lastly....... try not to think about it TOO much. i know its easier said than done but i dont want you to stress off all of your progress. HTH

here is how i wash my daughters hair in braids. sorry so long !

i take out her braids from the week and i put it into 4 big braids. i dont braid them too tight or too loose. about a medium to loose tightness. then i rinse her braids and scalp really good. i get my fingers all up in there to the scalp. this is why you dont wanna braid tight. then i put the shampoo in my hands and starting at the top section of on braid i work my fingers trhough the hair to the scalp getting her nice and sudsy then i work that soap down the braid. now here you are gonna have to sorta squeeze the braids this will work the soap in to them. all the way to the tips. do this on all of them. then rinse like crazy over and over. til the water runs clear and you would want to be squeezing those braids while your rinsing as well. to get the water into the middles. at this point i squeeze as much water outta the braids as i can. wrap her braided head in a towel. i mix her conditioner with EVOO and castor oil. when her hair is no longer dripping i take out 1 braid at a time and get this mix thoroughly through each section and braid back up. i do not detangle at this time. when she is saturated, i cover her head with a plastic bag and then cover that with her nighttime scarf. send her on about her playing business til im ready for her. sometimes 30 mins.....sometimes 3 hours......lol. when its time to rinse, i rinse her out still braided. squeezing and rinsing like i explained before. when the waters clear then i wrap her head in towel again and get her to "the hair chair" lol, and take out the braids one at a time and this is when i detangle. my kid is sooooo tenderheaded but since i have been doing it this way there has not been a single tear. no lie! everyone that gets bad tangles should give this a try.

Cosigning on your DD's regi.:look: Except I work with 4 fat twists that are surprisingly easy on wet hair but impossible on dry so far:nono:

Back