The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

Janet', I wore Goody Spin Pins over the weekend.

Today, I couldn't make up my mind. First I wore a butterfly and a rose hair stick from Exquisite Organic Buffalo Horn Accessories For Less by quecraft .

Official pics:

il_570xN.165992720.jpg
il_570xN.163386664.jpg

Action shots:

DSC02716-vi.jpg
DSC02721-vi.jpg

^^^It's hard to see the rose hair stick in the pics because it's on the other side.

I finally decided to wear the Sand Dunes hair sticks from Hair Accessories and Hair Sticks for Long Hair Styles. :

DSC02725-vi.jpg
DSC02724-vi.jpg

I would like to thank everyone that's been posting all the pictures of hairsticks......thanks to y'all I'm afraid to admit that I'm an official Hairstickaholic....and I don't own not a one stick...but since being subscribed to this thread I have an obligation to order some soon...

More pictures...Love hair sticks...

Hope Santa brings me some & hair combs too!

Happy Hair Growing!

:bump::bump: :bump:I don't want this thread to die!

I just got off a 2 week period of wearing my hair straight. First time in a year! I enjoyed it while it lasted but I much prefer my curly hair. I couldn't wait to wash. I wore it out a few times but now it's back to my hairsticks.

I finally broke down and purchased the Peacock Decadence Hairsticks - black and gold with tensha and bali beads with the matching earrings.
il_570xN_184632028.jpg

I've been watching them for a while.

I hope everyone is well. Let's revive this thread.
Can I get some updates on latest purchases and/or styles from everyone?

well, due to an unfortunate "incident" my hairstick collection has diminished by about 80% I had 8 flexi 8's, I'm down to 3. I had about 40 hairsticks (pairs and singles) I'm now down to about 7. :(

But...all is not lost. I've gone on a buying frenzy and have no intentions of letting it stay that way. Hmph!

well, due to an unfortunate "incident" my hairstick collection has diminished by about 80% I had 8 flexi 8's, I'm down to 3. I had about 40 hairsticks (pairs and singles) I'm now down to about 7. :(

But...all is not lost. I've gone on a buying frenzy and have no intentions of letting it stay that way. Hmph!

Sorry about that..But I know your new collection..Will ROCK!

Happy Hair Growing!

I've been looking for an alternative to bunning and I think I've found it! Actually, I think I've stumbled upon a new addiction, so many beautiful sticks!! :drool:

My hair doesn't hold up too well against hair ties, elastic bands, or bobby pins, so I was at a loss of what to use to keep up protective styling. But as soon as I saw these sticks from quecraft, I ordered them immediately! I've never used hair sticks before, so I'm totally relying on the resources in this thread and youtube. I hope I can pull it off! Or poke an eye out trying! :look:

Attachments

• il_570xN.174094212.jpg
    il_570xN.174094212.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 21
  • il_570xN.196290550.jpg
    il_570xN.196290550.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 20
:bump::bump: :bump:I don't want this thread to die!

I just got off a 2 week period of wearing my hair straight. First time in a year! I enjoyed it while it lasted but I much prefer my curly hair. I couldn't wait to wash. I wore it out a few times but now it's back to my hairsticks.

I finally broke down and purchased the Peacock Decadence Hairsticks - black and gold with tensha and bali beads with the matching earrings.
il_570xN_184632028.jpg

I've been watching them for a while.

I hope everyone is well. Let's revive this thread.
Can I get some updates on latest purchases and/or styles from everyone?

Those are gorgeous!!!!!

You ladies are hardcore with these expensive hair sticks, they're beautiful though. Here's a pic of something I did with my BSS hair sticks. I had pins holding my hair, still working on using just the sticks and no pins or hair bands.

Attachments

• DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00034.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 29
Hey ladies, has anyone heard from CelinaStarr lately? I hope and pray that all is well with her.

I was thinking the same thing. She was so active in this thread. Hopefully, she's just swamped with work in the New Year or taking a break. Come back CS!!!

I was thinking the same thing. She was so active in this thread. Hopefully, she's just swamped with work in the New Year or taking a break. Come back CS!!!

I hope and pray that she's okay. I haven't seen her post lately, does anyone know how to contact her to make sure she's okay?

I know I shouldn't have clicked on the link in Celina's post. Sigh. My recent purchases... I'm super excited about trying these :)

Attachments

• il_570xN.187599743.jpg
    il_570xN.187599743.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
  • il_570xN.198859548.jpg
    il_570xN.198859548.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 13
  • il_570xN.196406436.jpg
    il_570xN.196406436.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 17
  • il_570xN.194212667.jpg
    il_570xN.194212667.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 14

OMG what happened????? :nono:

I love this thread!! Does anyone know how to subscribe to a thread? I want to make sure I don't lose track of this one.

Just underneath the page numbers at the top of the thread, there's a button called thread tools. Subscription should be under that.

Hi ladies. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Porcelain china and stainless steel chopsticks from crystalmood. Does anybody have any experience with these? How durable are they (the porcelain part)?

Hey ladies, has anyone heard from CelinaStarr lately? I hope and pray that all is well with her.

I hope and pray that she's okay. I haven't seen her post lately, does anyone know how to contact her to make sure she's okay?

I just left her a message on her profile. I think I read she started a new job.

Thank you so much ladies. I'm very touched. :bighug: You are all so kind.

wavezncurlz, is right. I started a new job last week and so far I like it. Adjusting to a new job is stressful. I can't wait until I finally feel comfortable.

I have been kind of taking a break from hair. I just haven't been very interested in hair lately. I still wear my hair sticks almost everyday and have been wearing mostly Ketylos. Recently I purchased the new acrylics from Ketylo Hairsticks Home Page and I just received them today.

I haven't been into hair lately or taking pictures either but I have still been wearing my hair sticks most days.

I appreciate all of the pictures that you ladies have contributed to this thread. They are beautiful. I'll try to post pics soon.

Hi ladies. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Porcelain china and stainless steel chopsticks from crystalmood. Does anybody have any experience with these? How durable are they (the porcelain part)?

I don't have those particular sticks but I do have two pairs of metal sticks from Exquisite Hair Sticks & Accessories | Handmade Tribal Organic Jewelry - CrystalMood.com that are pretty well made and sturdy. My only issue is that the sticks tend to be on the shorter side but they hold my hair well.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :sad: *hugs*

Thank you so much ladies. I'm very touched. :bighug: You are all so kind.

wavezncurlz, is right. I started a new job last week and so far I like it. Adjusting to a new job is stressful. I can't wait until I finally feel comfortable.

I have been kind of taking a break from hair. I just haven't been very interested in hair lately. I still wear my hair sticks almost everyday and have been wearing mostly Ketylos. Recently I purchased the new acrylics from Ketylo Hairsticks Home Page and I just received them today.

I haven't been into hair lately or taking pictures either but I have still been wearing my hair sticks most days.

I appreciate all of the pictures that you ladies have contributed to this thread. They are beautiful. I'll try to post pics soon.

Celina welcome back. Do you wear your hair sticks to work? I would love to wear mine at work but I'm so terrified a confused patient will yank it out of my hair and someone could get hurt.:ohwell:

Back