The Great Egg Debate (hair Version)

I won't be doing this treatment this weekend because the eggs are still cold and I will not be sleeping with cold eggs in my hair tonight :nono:. To be continued for next week

I have the egg treatment on my hair right now and will only be using it as a prepoo for 30 minutes today. It was too cold to use last night so I let it sit out until morning and applied it to my hair with a plastic cap a few minutes ago.

@IDareT'sHair and @Aggie...

Have either of you ladies tried it?

I've been traveling and had to wash my hair in the hotel and only had EVOO to prepoo with, I could tell the difference. I also noticed that my hair wasn't as elongated as it normally is.
@charmtreese

I did try it just Saturday past and I have to tell you, I love it a lot. That mix had my hair so surprisingly soft, it took me aback for a minute or two. It is a definite HIT. My mix was perfect. I mixed 1 whole egg, 2 tbs of raw honey, 1 oz of evoo, and 1 tbs of acv.

I hand whipped it, added it to my hair and left it in for an hour. It started to drip a little after about 30 minutes but I put a towel around my neck to catch the drippings - easy peezy. My hair was still soft even after I clarified and protein treated my hair. I'll repeat this maybe twice a month.

How many times a month maximum is it safe to use this treatment?

Last edited:
Have either of you ladies tried it? I've been traveling and had to wash my hair in the hotel and only had EVOO to prepoo with, I could tell the difference. I also noticed that my hair wasn't as elongated as it normally is.
@charmtreese
I still have not.:nono: Will be using it this weekend.

I plan to whip a Room Temp Egg into Queen Helene Cholesterol and Avocado Oil and maybe a squirt of EV OO.:yep:

@charmtreese

I did try it just Saturday past and I have to tell you, I love it a lot. That mix had my hair so surprisingly soft, it took me aback for a minute or two. It is a definite HIT. My mix was perfect. I mixed 1 whole egg, 2 tbs of raw honey, 1 oz of evoo, and 1 tbs of acv.

I hand whipped it, added it to my hair and left it in for an hour. It started to drip a little after about 30 minutes but I put a towel around my neck to catch the drippings - easy peezy. My hair was still soft even after I clarified and protein treated my hair. I'll repeat this maybe twice a month.

How many times a month maximum is it safe to use this treatment?

I've been doing it twice a month. However, I have fine, hi porosity stands that are not protein sensitive.

@Saludable84
How long are you leaving it on?

@charmtreese @Aggie - Me Too!:love: My Hair is not Protein Sensitive. Decided to incorporate a light Protein or Reconstructor each wash day.

@IDareT'sHair

At bolded - so have I. I think a little protein each wash day will help my hair. After all I am doing heavy sealing 2-3 times a week and this is a lot of moisture so I know the protein treatments can only help my hair stay strong.

yeah, so i just put some egg in my hair and now i remember why i havent done it in years. My hair hates eggs, mayo, banana, and all food products. Right now even though i deep conditioned my hair is very rough. I am not protein sensitive at all, my hair loves hard protein treatments. but there's something about eggs my hair just hates with a passion.

Making mayonnaise today can't wait to see how my hair will turn out.

EDTA: currently sitting with the mayonnaise in my hair. I'm no chef so I had to make it twice. Ended up doing a traditional mayonnaise with dijon mustard in it.

Last edited:
@Aggie
Decided to skip the "Egg" thing again today.:look:

But......I am going to do it soon.:p (really)

Will mix it with Cholesterol and Avocado Oil with my hand mixer. Plan to leave it on at least 1 hour.
giphy.gif

Back