The gap between your str8 hair and your neck..how do you get rid of it?

lipyt

If your hair is shoulder length or longer do you get that space in between your hair (worn down) and neck!? I hate that! I especially hate when I see some one with that bend their head down and the gap gets bigger! Becky doesn't have that because her hair is heavy enough that her hair just lays on her neck. Do you know what I'm talking about?
I always just brush those hairs down to cover the gap. What do you do?

when i was relaxed i found that using little to no product made my hair lie effortlessly. it also had bounce, it would blow in the wind and fall right back into place...

if there one well two things i cant stand . its that stuck up relaxed hair look, that and relaxed hair that doesnt move:perplexed

I know what you mean! I hate it. My hair has never seemed to lay down like that. I'm always pulling it down throughout the day. If I airdry with no product then use just a little product after it dried my hair would lay down. Since I'm transitioning that's not happening anymore.

I think Bre Bre started a thread similar to this, maybe that will help. Here's the link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=198133

My hair used to do that when I was younger and did not kknow how to take care of my hair and didn't have nice styling tools.

Now, when my hair is clean, strong, moisturized and not weighed down with grease and product, it flows just fine, even when I have lots of NG.

when i was relaxed i found that using little to no product made my hair lie effortlessly. it also had bounce, it would blow in the wind and fall right back into place...

if there one well two things i cant stand . its that stuck up relaxed hair look, that and relaxed hair that doesnt move:perplexed
That gap is the thing i can't stand! Ugh! It's soo gross. I'm always running my fingers through that section for that reason.

If your hair is shoulder length or longer do you get that space in between your hair (worn down) and neck!? I hate that! I especially hate when I see some one with that bend their head down and the gap gets bigger! Becky doesn't have that because her hair is heavy enough that her hair just lays on her neck. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Since starting my hair journey on LHCF, I haven't experienced that. In my experience, it has to do with one's regimen and how one is using the hair products. Too much product or even the incorrect use of certain products can make anyone's hair stiff.

I agree with the other posters--too much product or too much time between washings causes the hair to stay up when the head goes down.

Maybe other sections of your hair like the sides is growing faster than the middle section towards the nape, which can cause a gap.
My right and left side grows faster than the middle section towards my nape. The middle section of my nape always have to play catch-up.

Last edited:
Back