The "Don't You Dare Touch that Hair" Thread

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i think most of us agree that low-manipulation routines benefit most heads of hair. however, it's so hard sometimes to look at things other folks on the boards are doing...and resist the urge to mess with your hair unnecessarily. this is a thread in which we'll help each other along. :grin:
post your problem, and other people will come in here and convince you not to mess with your hair. or they'll try...you might do it anyways, but it's worth a try. :look:

i'll go first: i've been in this sew-in weave for two weeks already. i only paid $40 for it. i've figured out how to wash it properly, so my scalp isn't itching anymore. stop me from taking it down in order to do some twists. i blame productjunkie's lovely twists in the twisting for growth challenge...:lick: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=9101356&postcount=286

your turn...state your problem, place the blame, and we'll try to stop you...

Its too late!! :lachen:

I had those yarn braids that I self installed 3 weeks ago... wanted to keep them until the end of October to get a nice length surprise!

I took them out Friday :( lol Im 15 weeks post and plan on relaxing next week lol

Its too late!! :lachen:

I had those yarn braids that I self installed 3 weeks ago... wanted to keep them until the end of October to get a nice length surprise!

I took them out Friday :( lol Im 15 weeks post and plan on relaxing next week lol
:lachen::lachen: see, we NEED this thread for situations like that...
at least you did them yourself, so there's no money lost...:yep:

ahh....looking at those twists make me want to retwist my hair. I was trying to wear box braids and bun until Jan 10, but may have to change my plans.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I have a sew in installed and this is week 7. I have never had a sew-in longer than 6 weeks. I really really feel the urge to take it down but I have made an appointment to get my hair done on the firts week of November ie 3 weeks away.

I need help to keep this weave on my head. Its difficult to resist the urge to yank it out!!!

Thanks for starting this thread.

I have a sew in installed and this is week 7. I have never had a sew-in longer than 6 weeks. I really really feel the urge to take it down but I have made an appointment to get my hair done on the firts week of November ie 3 weeks away.

I need help to keep this weave on my head. Its difficult to resist the urge to yank it out!!!
it'll be better to wait until your appointment. think of it as maximizing your retention from the weave. :grin:
and how much did you pay for it?? divide that amount by weeks-is it at a reasonable cost per week yet??

I need this thread! I have a sew in and I wanna take it out....why....cuz I wanna run out and but a FHI platform and Runway just to see if I can get my hair silk with 1 or 2 passes. And I dont even wear my hair straight like that

Annnnnd I wanna do a southern tease bun after using Aussie Moist :/ mannnnnnnn these thread make u wanna switch it up!

but im in a 3month protective style challenge....all bad lol

On a lighter level, I'm sitting under a lukewarm bonnet dryer right now, but after reading about yt products (other thread) why am I anxious to go out and buy some V05 condish and re-condish my hair like now?

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Every time I see a new pic or get a new idea, I'm ready to take my hair down and start all over! This thread is great. I'm determined to go one more week with my style. Let's hope I can hold on!!!!

Back