The Best/Worst Salons

ms_kenesha

/images/graemlins/grin.gif
In Maryland. I highly recommend [bold]b natural salon & day spa[/b]. It's located in Bowie, MD at Bowie Town Center. My hairstylist is named Addriene and she's a godsend.
WHY:
She never trims my hair without asking or explaining why I might need it.
She actually knows what a trim is.
She never overprocesses my hair.
She does my hair not the shampoo techs.
She doesn't use an excessive amount of heat.
The prices are very reasonable

The Worst Salon in MD /images/graemlins/mad.gif
Exqusite Trendz
too expensive; $110 for a touch-up & style WTF!!!
too gossipy
too much time taken up
shampoo tech does too much of stylist's duties
overprocessing

My salon is "BY POPULAR DEMAND" on North Tryon Street.
my stylist name is Lawrence and he always makes everyone feel comfortable. If they order food they always make it know to everyone in the shop if you want to order.

They don't have people in and out all day long selling bootleg or stolen merchandise.

He will take a check

and what ever service you need ie...ends trimed, intensive treatment, there is no extra charge. his base prices are very resonable and if there is something that he can't do...he will let you know instead of trying and messing up your hair.

All of his clients have extremly LONG, BEAUTIFUL HAIR and he tells you what items are needed to maintain your style and protect you hair, he also recommends GNC Hair vitamins for all of his clients for hair growth.

if you bring your kids in and they are not getting serviced all of the stylist make it known that they will "BEAT YOUR CHILD" if they get out of line.

Over all this is great salon to receive great service, I don't mind giving from $5 to $10 dollars for a tip. and if you don't have enough money for your service he'll tell you "don't worry about it, just tell you friends to come here"

Oh...and Craig and Rob can Wash the HELL out of some hair!!!

Worst
Manning Hair Designs (Maria Manning)- gave me scalp burns and I HAD to REQUEST deep conditioner after my relaxer. Shouldn't that be a given?!?!?!

Veronica's BeautyRama (Veronica)- nearly balded my mom. I wonder why their motto's, if you can't grow it, Veronica will sew it and no one will know it. They were preparing her for one of her expensive weaves.

Shades of Essence (Mercedes)- great for cuts, sucky for hair care. A friend hair started falling out while they washed her relaxer out. *Note- Shelia's pretty good.

HairDo - did my hair in a completely different style than I requested. Not only was it not a style I wanted, it looked horrible.

Best Salons
Crown & Glory (Richard & Tippi) - relaxed my hair perfectly, never burn, excellent and thorough rinse and shampoo job after relaxer. One problem, Richard likes the blow-dryer, but you can request no blow dryer. Tippi was the BEST EVER, she now does celebrity hair /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gerard Dure (Dennis) - Dennis, what a charm, cutie too. Applied relaxer only to new growth and barely dusted my ends, but they looked great when he finished. They use alot of Gerard's products in there. However, Dennis is gone doing celeb's hair. I heard Gerard's excellent, but he's barely there, always on the road.

Jelani (Marvin Carrington) - WONDERFUL x 100. He's a certified Tricologist (someone who specializes in hair health). WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL. He's generally featured in tons of hair magazines including Essence.

Opps did I put some people on blast? Oh well, you should have paid attention in hair school and really studied your craft or visit www.longhairforum.com. You might learn something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Regis Hair Salon located in Arlington, VA inside Ballston Mall.

First of all, they only had 2 sinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention like 5 stylists (that were present when I was there)!!!!!!!!!

A black lady did my hair, but she was a homosexual!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif Not to offend anyone, but I got extremely nervous, because she was extremely touchy. She started feeling the sweat on my back! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Then I saw her literally hug the assistant, but when she hugged her, her body was completely off of the ground!!!!!!!!! That was my worst ever experience. There was other offensive stuff that that lady did to me, but I ain't telling.

Oh yeah, she combed the Mizani permed in super hard, and then when I was burning, she rushed me to get it washed out, but those 2 sinks were already in use. She made the other stylist TAKE her clients off of the sink!!! That poor lady's hair was dripping wet! I have never been so embarassed!

Best salon:

The one I attend now, Charms and Plum. It is a comfortable atmosphere. Not ghetto at all, clean, plenty of sinks and hair dryers!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh my God, I am rolling </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you can't grow it, Veronica will sew it and no one will know it.

[/ QUOTE ] That is so funny to me--because I lived that life for three years...

I live in Baltimore MD and that salon I go to it Starz Stage. Sherhonda is my hairdresser she take good care of haire everyone that works there is in to hair care . The stylist I like the most there is Sherhonda, Danielle,Kal,and Rachel .

Oh. I meant to post that the worst salon I went to is HAIR MANIA in New York City (Manhattan) on 23rd. Oh my god. I went there and the wash and comb/out was done by like an angry hispanic lady and I actually turned around and told her to STOP pullin my hair out. The stylist acted very disinterested in my hair and kind of smirked at me. AND it was SO expensive. I think I paid 70 bucks for wash/press. But I was visiting, and didn't really have a choice.

Ms. Kenesaha

I don't have a need to go to a stylist as of yet. But B Natural has been at the top of my list ever since I read a rave about it before.

What kinds of styles does she do that are really nice. Like what's her specialty?

I do plan on going there though.

Re: Ms_Kenesha

Touch-ups are $75 dollars and I think that includes the trim, but I'm not sure. I know touch-ups include deep conditioner &amp; a color rinse or clear shine. She has never trimmed my hair; I haven't needed it since I've been there. She's cut my hair when I got my last cut in August.

HTH /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've gotten a shampoo, blow dry and curl into the shaggy flip like Halle's ($40), but longer. She pre-drys you under the hooded dryer if you ask for a blow-dry. Lately I've gotten roller wraps ($45). She's really good at those because unlike everyone else I've ever gone too she doesn't set, wrap, and then CURL it with a hot *** curling iron. I mean if you get a roller wrap aren't you trying to protect your hair from excess heat. She roller wraps and then combs out the wrap section by section and it looks Gorgeous. She's the only person I've ever went to and not wanted to dunk my hair in water and start all over again.

HTH /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep on talkin' and I'll be there this weekend. Maybe I'll go for a little Christmas 'do.

Now what about the spa part. What does it consist of?

Kenesha your 8/02 cut (from your Yahoo pics) is cuh-YUTE! Did Adrienne cut that?

If you want, we can roll this over to e-mail because I'll probably have more questions in the future when I do get ready to go for a consultation and what not. Mine is [email protected]

I use to go to Richard's salon Crown and Glory back when Marvin use to work there (who was absolutely great and took the time to answer any inquiries no matter how tedious they may have seemed) and it was great the only problem was they wait and the price, I know Manhattan rent is high but $50 for a wash and set was a little steep and sometimes Richard was a little to scissor happy when he was there. I started going to Dominican salons in the Bronx but as soon as you get use to someone good they move on to a salon farther away /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Khamit Kinks is good but too expensive.

Braid salons on 125th street and whiteplains road are too rough for me it took me 3 months to grow back my hair line.

Back