The 3rd Date....?

LivingDol1

I need the opinions of you lovely ladies....

The guy I've been on 2 awesome dates with wants to go out tonight. We discussed it on Tuesday. He texted today with no thought of a plan so I suggested food and drinks somewhere local. He's going to be on vacay for 2 weeks so he is busy with work stuff and packing to leave on Saturday. I'm not thinking this will be a super long date like our previous two obviously.

He suggested pizza and a movie!

I think this is a bad idea bc this implies me going to his place to watch a movie. I know myself and I cannot watch movies on dates. I'd rather go on a date and have a conversation. I hate the idea of wasting 3-4 hours not talking.

Also, we'd proly just make out anyway. Which is fine but I prefer a more formal date. We've only been out twice. I don't know him that well! Thoughts? He will get back to me at 5pm with ideas.

Because he said pizza and a movie. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but that's the first thing that popped into mind. Like, ordering in pizza and watching a movie.

If its at his house, just say "you know what? I know you are busy with work and packing for your vacation so let's just wait until you come back"

Because he said pizza and a movie. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but that's the first thing that popped into mind. Like, ordering in pizza and watching a movie.

First I would ask him what he meant, then I would communicate with him about my hopes for the date. He probably wants to do something cheap and lowkey since he is going on vacay for two weeks.

oh i see. ok. um, just say "yeah we can go to x pizza place and still make the 10 o'clock show"

Ditto on the above. Show some excitement and suggest some move that is playing. If it's local, maybe you can talk as you walk home? and during the pizza beforehand.

You could also use this as a pretext to be the date planner this time... that way, you subtly redirect the plans to something more comfortable for you.

Like ooh! sounds great! I've been wanting to see X movie-- there's a show playing at Y time that we can catch... and I know this really good spot for pizza nearby, yada yada yada.

thanks ladies!

he called me a little while ago and he said that we can go anywhere between his place and my place but he wants me to do the picking! lol. i guess he is just too boggled to plan this time, which is fine. so, i'm picking 2 bars. one is a pub and then the 2nd bar is a cute little romancey casual bar that i always used to go to. figured it would be nice to end the date there.

i want to save movies for later... when we don't have as much to say to each other! i'm still getting to know him and i want to maximize on the communication time!

oh i see. ok. um, just say "yeah we can go to x pizza place and still make the 10 o'clock show"

Excellent:yep:. I would assume he wanted to go out for pizza and then to the movies. If he does indeed mean housedate, I would do as the lady above said and pass. Makes no sense to get into a compromising situation right before he leaves for two weeks. You deserve a proper 3rd date :).

Back