"That's Why Your Hair's Not Growing."

girl you don't know??? those are the "down and cool" white folks that talk like that lol!!!
i hate the ish. you don't have to talk slang to me like that's all a black person can understand. i will admit there are those of us out there that only understand slang, but they try to put us in the same boat.

i would've walked away from her as soon as she started that crap, we are really starting to let them get away with a lot nowadays, i've had white folks say stuff to me that was soo out of line i'm surprised i'm not in jail. especially in NJ, im from nyc and living in nj has really been a challenge to my patience dealing with the trailer parks lol!!!

they think we are all ugly, bald and un-educated

She probably waited her WHOLE life for the opportunity to use the words sexual and chocolate together. :lachen: You were her opportunity. :yep: And girl when you offered to call her "White Chocolate" you made her universe. :lachen:

:lachen::lachen:Man, that part had me rolling! I don't know, maybe we're being too hard on all the non-blacks out there. I know a lot of them are faking those accents just to mock us, but maybe some genuinely look up to us. I heard that imitation is the highest form of flattery. But that still doesn't make it any less irritating :nono:.

you know what?? do they sell products in the salon? I can't wait unil you wear your hair down and go to the salon acting like you gonna by something and swing all that beautiful long hair in her face! pm me and let me know how it goes.

:lachen::lachen:Thanks girl. Home skillet-biscuit better be glad I'm on a protective style challenge right now or I sure would have blown out my hair so that every inch of length showed, waltzed up in there to her "chair" and slung my almost BSL hair in her face and walked right back out. But I'm gonna be good :grin:. But if that ever happens I'll be sure you're the first to know :yep:.

Last edited:
Im so glad you kept your cool cause as soon as we get upset no matter what its about the clear people always say " well what else do you expect " like we can never get upset without us being the "angry black woman" im so over it :wallbash: i work with alot of people like that i have bee at my job 7 years an not once have i talked slang ( well not in front of them ...lol) :lachen:they alway talk it to me im sooooo like should i get a translator cause i only speak english in my becky voice ..lol. then they blush:blush: and walk away:grin:

LOL you just have to laugh at this one. I deal with this on the regular!!! I'm getting my Masters at a predominately white university and every time I encounter someone of another race, Its the same thing. WoooWWW you speak so well( and your name is Jessica! )... or Heyyyyy guurrrllllll whats the deaily yo! If I had a dollar for every time I looked at them cross eyed and kept it MOVING!

But then they want to call you snooty or uppity. These people are ubsurd and then they wonder why Black folks think they are racist. :nono:

Unfortunately non-black people still harbor a lot of stereotypes toward blacks. I don't want to say "white" people because I once had an indian friend (who is no longer my friend) who used to say slick racist comments about black people all the time. They think it's funny. Like they have some sort of inside knowledge of our race through watching Good Times, Friday, Rap videos, and Roots :lachen:. And when they learn their new found "knowledge" they can't wait to recant what they've learned to the first black person they see. It's both laughable and sad at the same time.

That's trifling. :ohwell: I'm sorry, but I don't like it when people assume things about my hair, especially since they have no idea about shrinkage.:rolleyes: I think you were very professional about handling it.

Just shake it off,you know what u are doing and its paying off & she is trying to drum up some business.

Back