That's What She Said: Love Advice from Celebrities

SmileyNY

That's What She Said: Love Advice from Celebrities

Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith

cf2689f1-efb1-c651.jpg

This Hollywood power couple have been together for 16 years and married for nearly 14. Jada says one of the keys to a successful marriage is keeping things spicy and spontaneous:

Jada Pinkett-Smith: “Pack a lunch and go to the park. Even a drive — and then pull over on the side of the road! Think of places outside that are comfortable to have sex. Does he have access to his office? Have a fantasy date. Be his secretary! Be sneaky. Your girlfriend’s house at a party. The bathroom! A guest bedroom! Just switch it up. Anything like that can keep it going. Anything it takes to keep the flame alive.” -”Redbook”

Camille Cosby and Bill Cosby

cf2689f1-f067-e69a.jpg

The Cosby’s have had great success, but have also weathered many storms over the years including the senseless murder of their son Ennis. Still, this Hollywood couple has managed to keep their marriage together for 47 years. Camille says that it’s important to respect each partner’s individuality:

Camille Cosby: …Because you are two different people, and you have to respect that. You have to learn not to project your stuff onto the other person. You have to give the other person space to do what he or she wants to do, to not be threatened by his or her absence or achievements. -”Oprah Magazine”

First Lady Michelle Obama and President Barack Obama

cf2689f1-f0fb-8b17.jpg

Could we possibly talk about marriage without mentioning our gorgeous First couple? They have a beautiful family, but Michelle and Barack have both admitted that they’ve had ups and downs in their nearly 19 year marriage. However, their union has been made stronger because of the tough times. Michelle says that it’s important for a woman to learn that she must make herself a priority:

Michelle Obama:“I have freed myself to put me on the priority list and say, yes, I can make choices that make me happy, and it will ripple and benefit my kids, my husband, and my physical health. That’s hard for women to own; we’re not taught to do that. It’s a lesson that I want to teach my girls so they don’t wait for their “aha” moment until they’re in their 30s like I was (laughs). Maybe they can experience it a little earlier.” -Prevention.com

Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham

cf2689f1-f168-75db.jpg

Although media mogul, Oprah Winfrey has vowed to never get married, her relationship with Stedman Graham has lasted for decades. Despite speculation that their relationship is fake, they have brushed it off their shoulders and have kept it together for 25 years. Ms. Winfrey says that your partner must be happy in her or his pursuits:

Oprah Winfrey: “The reason my relationship has lasted all these years is because Stedman had his own path and was happy with his path, proud of his path, and wanted me to be everything I could be.”-Oprah Winfrey Show

Michelle Pfeiffer and David E. Kelly

cf2689f1-f0b3-ec85.jpg

This award-winning actress and hugely successful producer have been married for 18 years. Michelle says the key to success in love is to keep dating each other:

Michelle Pfeiffer: “We tend to our marriage. You have to spend time away from the kids and stay up late and talk, go to the movies or do the crossword puzzle together. My husband and I still have date nights, and I look forward to them all week.”

Source: http://madamenoire.com/

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

Nice thread, wish there were more couples giving advice. Haven't seen Michelle Phifer in a while.

Back