Oprah Winfrey Shows Off Gorgeous Natural Hair for O Magazine

janeemat

1343834372_oprah-467.jpg
Oprah Winfrey is embracing her hair "in its natural state" on the cover of O, The Oprah Magazine's September makeover issue.
The 58-year-old TV titan admits she once came close to chopping her hair off, but a famous friend helped talk her out of making a major mistake. "I wanted to wear it close-cropped a la Camille Cosby but her husband, Bill, convinced me otherwise. 'Don't do it,' he said. 'You've got the wrong head shape and you'll disappoint yourself.' I took his advice."http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...winfrey-shows-most-memorable-moments-2011235/
PHOTOS: The Oprah Show's most memorable moments
A makeover can change everything, according to Winfrey. "I even notice a change in my dogs when they get their summer cuts: they're friskier and livelier, feeling more themselves once the weight of the hair is released."

Still, Winfrey warns that the only makeovers that matter are "those in which something insider the receiver clicks, aligning with that which is being received. The only real way to transformation is through the mind."http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/oprah-winfrey-and-gayle-king-go-camping--20102910
VIDEO: Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King go camping!
In the same magazine, Winfrey promises to help readers transform their luck, habits, stress level, friendships, health, style and attitude -- and have fun doing it! The September issue of O, The Oprah Magazine is on stands August 7.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Oprah Winfrey Shows Off Gorgeous Natural Hair for O Magazine

I did not know O had gone natural. The pic is on the front of the Sept magazine.

Attachments

• 201208-omag-oprah-cover-600x411.jpg
    201208-omag-oprah-cover-600x411.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 697
OMG!!! Her hair is awesome.....I've only seen one other person with hair as thick and healthy looking as hers and she's my BFF!!! I always say her hair is made of steel!!!

"I wanted to wear it close-cropped a la Camille Cosby but her husband, Bill, convinced me otherwise. 'Don't do it,' he said. 'You've got the wrong head shape and you'll disappoint yourself.' I took his advice."

I can hear Bill saying this.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Oprah's been natural for a loooooooooooooooooong time I do believe. Has she ever been a relaxed head?

I think she was always natural, she just usually gets her hair pressed/flat ironed for public appearances and what not.

Oprah doesn't have hair ... she has a freakin mane!

You can see the density even in her hairline. Gorgeous head of thick hair !!!!!

I think Andre said she went back to relaxers...No?

Not sure but I know she has been relaxed in the past. When Chris Rock was on she talked about having jheri curls, pressing and relaxing her hair. I can remember when she spoke highly of the Phyto relaxer.

Go Harpo!
I remember her blown out hair pics a few years ago.
She still has a beautiful mane.

Yes her hair is gorgeous! I wish I could have a personal stylist with me 24-7. Dang that would be nice.

Even from a little girl she had nice thick hair.​

She probably goes back and forth.

BTW the title of this thread is misleading. I thought there was an actual picture of Oprah's natural hair texture.
the picture of her natural hair texture is in the attachments. It's the front cover of her most recent magazine.

The comment section is heating up a little bit. Some believe some don't, some like it some don't.

There is always some strong opinions about our hair.

Okay so was I the only one who saw Access Hollywood (or maybe it was Extra) yesterday and they showed the behind the scenes of her shooting this photo and she said, "This is what my hair looks like when its not pressed or permed out". :look:

Now did she mean perm as in small rollers or "perm" (hood term) for relaxer. I was so confused because she is suppose to be natural. Why would she say permed.

She probably goes back and forth.

BTW the title of this thread is misleading. I thought there was an actual picture of Oprah's natural hair texture.[/QUOTE]

The title and pic was posted just as it showed on yahoo. I just copied and pasted. I had to click in the article to see the magazine pic. Sorry to disappoint:sad:

Oprah Stanniest of Stans reporting for duty

She has been relaxed before. I believe there was even some footage of her and Andre using Dr. Miracles :sekret: ... Her hair has always been thick and gorgeous except for that one time she said she went to a white salon to get a relaxer (jheri curl) and they snatched her BALD... But my mama's hair been gorgeous... :sekret: :kiss3:

123897835.gif

Yes I know too much... Yes I call her my mama...

Waits for somebody to Say something.smart... Don't start nothing won't be nothing... Fools just up to get beat down...:whipped:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

It doesn't look like she had work done at all to me :ohwell:.....She just looks thinner with better make-up IMO....and yes her hair is soo thick and bouncy looking! :lick:

Back