that swing!

HighAspirations

How do you get it? I must have it, I simply must lol so how do you get that shine and swing and hair falling back into place after you just pushed it out of your face lol. What's your secret?

Well I heard it don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing. But all I really want is fluff. Fluff w/swing would be perfect later down the line. I'd love to hear how.

I feel that using as little product as possible....just heat protectant that has shine enhancers or a small amount of oil for shine.

I feel that using as little product as possible....just heat protectant that has shine enhancers or a small amount of oil for shine.

I use to get my hair wrapped and when I took it down, no swing or bounce. The first time I went to my new beautician and told her that my hair always comes out "lifeless" when I take down a wrap, she explained to me that I need to use little to no product (aside from a heat protectant) in my hair. When I took down the wrap that she did, my hair was "swinging." I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, it only lasted a day b/c my roots revert back fast. She said my hair isn't "trained" yet.

Also, I notice that I get more bounce when it is flat-ironed vs a Dominican blowout but that could be due to whatever product the Dominicans put on my hair before and after the blowout.

I use to get my hair wrapped and when I took it down, no swing or bounce. The first time I went to my new beautician and told her that my hair always comes out "lifeless" when I take down a wrap, she explained to me that I need to use little to no product (aside from a heat protectant) in my hair. When I took down the wrap that she did, my hair was "swinging." I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, it only lasted a day b/c my roots revert back fast. She said my hair isn't "trained" yet.

Also, I notice that I get more bounce when it is flat-ironed vs a Dominican blowout but that could be due to whatever product the Dominicans put on my hair before and after the blowout.

Hi :)

Wow i haven't had my hair wrapped in so long lol...i usually blow dry or air dry overnight which i will be doing from now on whenever i wear my hair straight...but yeah the little to no product does work. And you are right it doesn't last long that's when i pull out the flexi rods lol.

I sit under the dryer then blow dry. Flat iron. Take my time flat ironing. Curving my wrist in a cmotion. Lots of oil sheen. Oh forgot, apply leave in before drying. Heat protector. And if I really want shine a polisher. And ummmmm swing on deck as well as light smooth hair.

All I use is heat protectant. My hair is fine, so any leave in would weigh it down and I couldn't get the swaaang I want.

:yep: Minimal product is key.

I sit under the dryer then blow dry. Flat iron. Take my time flat ironing. Curving my wrist in a cmotion. Lots of oil sheen. Oh forgot, apply leave in before drying. Heat protector. And if I really want shine a polisher. And ummmmm swing on deck as well as light smooth hair.

Ditto to what everyone is saying about minimal product, but also the bolded is key for me. The actual shape of my hair after flat ironing, I've learned, does make a difference.

Is everyone's hair dry with the minimal product use? I get swing with minimal product but at the same time I also get dry ends and little pieces breaking...

the key for me and why I don't end up with dry hair is because I DC overnight, then I flat iron with only the heat protectant. I got swang like that by mistake when I tried chi silk infusion.

Is everyone's hair dry with the minimal product use? I get swing with minimal product but at the same time I also get dry ends and little pieces breaking...

My hair does get dry around the end if the day so I just pin curl or use flexi rods on my hair after I apply some moisturizer. I then end up w/bouncy shiny curls.

Back