Is your hair SWINGAMATIC?

i think mine swings just cuz it's fine. I think I'd much rather have some thick hair that I had to work on to make it swing...

My hair is swingamatic most of the time
smile.gif
It is most swangin' the first couple days after I wash it. I airdry, and at first my hair won't have enough weight to REALLY swing. But after a night with a little Split Mender and Hot 6 Oil, all wrapped up in a bun...the next morning it's swingin all over the place...But I just let it swing on back up into the bun so I can keep my ends out of the air
smile.gif

My hair has been swingamatic. I'm talking about a swing beginning from the roots like some of the commercials. Now that I'm part of the bun challenge I find I put more products on it trying to keep it moisturize and to protect it. Now it only swings ear level in the back when I drop it down from a bun.

I would swing when I used to wear my twists. I LOVED it! When I turned my head around (if someone called my name) it'd hit me on the side of the face.

Now I'm doing the baggie/vasaline/not wearing it out, so no more swing.

My hair is swingomatic when it's down, and yes, I'm oh so guilty of swinging and flipping it around! Just having fun with myself I guess. I've been caught a couple times though and it was embarassing. (Luckily it was a guy though and he was smiling, if it had been a woman I would have been called out!) But since 95% of the time I'm in my Security Bun, I'm not having much swinging going on. But the other 5% when it's down, it's no use having it down if it isn't Swingomatic!!!! Yippy for Swingomatic hair!!

yes after a touch up or a rollerset my hair is very singomatic and I love it. I am shaking, twisting and turning my head all over the place. I love when I have to move it out of my face or it tickles my neck. However that only lasts for a couple days after the touch up or rollerset because 95% of the time my hair is in a bun.

Yes! It's actually a MUST when wearing my hair down. I get my swing factor from my rollersets, and from the blowouts at the salon. That's why I'm loathe to put heavy oils and other stlying products in my hair.

My one staple all purpose product that has been in my regimen for years is TCB blowdry lotion, which can be used for a soft rollerset too.
For maitenance:
Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade
Kiehl's Silk Groom
Aveda Brilliant serum

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
IT IS SWINGMATIC!
smile.gif
and thats exactly why i dont wear it down anymore. I start getting vain with it and actually do the "swang toss."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL me too!!

My hair has been swingamatic for a while now. It was definitely swingamatic this past weekend. Guy I was with couldn't keep his hands out of it while we were um *cough* talking.

Anyway, I think the coconut oil is a big help.

Most definitely. My stylist washes, conditions, deep conditions, wet sets & then does a wrap. Afterwards my hair stays shiny & swingy for a week.

[ QUOTE ]
72792 said:
Most definitely. My stylist washes, conditions, deep conditions, wet sets & then does a wrap. Afterwards my hair stays shiny & swingy for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! Almost forgot to add that she uses a lot of Bronner Bros. (BB products).

yes my hair swings wether i blow dry it or let it air dry. i rememeber this one time i was with my mother at the hospital where she works and as we were leaving the nurse behind me had called my name, an i swung my head back to look, as i did my hair did a perfect swing an my eyes locked onto the doctor who happened to be in the room i was passing. hes jaw jroped, an i grinned. it was a one of those kodak moments, lol i felt like i couldve been in a pantene commercial.

My hair is definetly swingmatic whether its in a twist out or a rollerset. Whenever I get my hair rollersetted it swings. To maintain the slight curls I section my hair into 4 parts and sleep in rollers maybe 2 nights out the week. In the morning I take the rollers out and wrap my hair. When I am finished showering and getting dressed I comb out my wrap and voila! Some swinging hair
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
72792 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto . . . minus the wrap.

I always thought you couldn't put a lot of product on your hair and still have the movement. Well, get this . . .

I took down my baggie phony-tail (you know the one with the big globs of vaseline on the ends) and my hair was still swinging.
shocked.gif
Added surge and a little HHB, still swinging
shocked.gif

I'm SO surprised, I've never had this much movement.

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
I always thought you couldn't put a lot of product on your hair and still have the movement. Well, get this . . .

I took down my baggie phony-tail (you know the one with the big globs of vaseline on the ends) and my hair was still swinging.
shocked.gif
Added surge and a little HHB, still swinging
shocked.gif

I'm SO surprised, I've never had this much movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish my hair would swing WITH heavy products in it. Lucky you!
grin.gif

Only when I get it pressed by my stylist and a little when I blow it out, but most of the time I just wear a curly afro type do and it's just really bouncy, but not swingy. Either way, I love it!

Sure!!
I dont put alot of heavy stuff on my hair when I wear it down and straight. Even when I wear it curly or in a braid out I'll only put in some leave in and some profectiv and its still swingin"!

Sure!!
I dont put alot of heavy stuff on my hair when I wear it down and straight. Even when I wear it curly or in a braid out I'll only put in some leave in and some profectiv and its still swingin"!

Mine usually is swinging all over the place unless I don't rinse my hair out well (like the other day!
crazy.gif
). I don't put anything heavy on my hair before or after airdrying.

My hair is always swingamatic now that I've found the dominicans
smile.gif

yes, and I can't wait for it too get longer, the other day me and my friend were out and it was real windy and my hair was blowing all over the place and we got in the car and she looked at me and was like "your hair was blowin in the wind like that?" I felt so good!! haha

My hair is at shoulder lenght or a little longer and it's definately swingamatic whether it's natural, curly (twistouts) or straight! And it's all because of the wonderful advice I get from the ladies on this site! Shea butta is the S
censored.gif
it!
smile.gif

The key for me is mainly not too many heavy greasy products and lots of volume. Actually my hair is very thick so even if I 7 weeks post relaxer then its still swinging everywhere.

My sisters hair is not swingomatic. She doesnt have internet so i try to hip her up to what you guys are doing. So when you say swing a matic do you mean when you barely move your head the hair swings. Like a pantene commercial? I know this one black lady with swinging hair per se...but it still stays together. You know how girls of other nationalities hair gets wispy and a zillion fly aways cuz its so straight...like this white girl at work...she cant wear a ponytail without it looking messed up in 30 minutes cuz pieces of hair are always falling out.So she will have hair all around it and pulled behind her ear and coming out the back of the ponytail too. Ive only seen pics of you ladies with the really long hair, once its gotten so long do you have to deal with fly away hair too? Is it harder to keep in a style once it gets swingy? Also if its less products for swingy hair then how is it protected from the elements?

take care all!!

Back