That one girl who NEVER has any problems dating

Good topic. I met up with a friend that I use to hang out with years ago. Even then she was perpetually single. She's now in her late 30s and just found someone to possibly settle down with. She kept lamenting and stressing to me how long she's been single (well over 10 years) and that all the men have all been shyt. It's sad b/c even years ago we all wondered why she'd keep on attracting such crappy men. She complained even the men who were good on paper would turn out to be a bust. She's fairly attractive, well dressed, no kids, easily looks 31/32, smart, educated, independent, kind. She also goes out a lot. And I thought of LHCF and the whole visibility thing while single. This woman has tons of friends, goes out often, travels, etc, has online profiles -- she's visible.

Idk, I'd think someone like her who follows the dating protocols would have an easier time. Woman who are far less attractive w/ b!tchier attitudes have more men to pick and choose from. I just assumed since she was out a lot and run across men more she'd have options to choose from. I think my downfall was not coming across as many options that I was interested in so I settled down more quickly with someone who I thought would work out, and when it doesn't i'm quick to jump ship :bye:

In any event, like SmileyNY mentioned going forward I plan to get out my comfort zone and actually date date instead of settling down.

brittser, I fear that I will be that girl out of all my friends... Like no seriously trying to figure out what is wrong... :perplexed :sad:

I guess I never really learned the art of dating, but that shouldnt be a factor... umm giving the wrong people a chance.. ya know I kinda stopped trying to figure it out...

Now I just blame it on the weight, but heck that cant be it either...

@brittser, I fear that I will be that girl out of all my friends... Like no seriously trying to figure out what is wrong... :perplexed :sad:

I guess I never really learned the art of dating, but that shouldnt be a factor... umm giving the wrong people a chance.. ya know I kinda stopped trying to figure it out...

Now I just blame it on the weight, but heck that cant be it either...

Awwww, don't say that. I truly don't understand why this person has had such a hard time with men. I remember when I met her I was 25 and she was 33 and back then she partied hard, went out a lot, just very social, and I'll never forget when I went out with her one fourth of July and saw her date literally walk off from her and totally disappeared :nono:. She went off in her British accent :rofl:, it was like a scene from a dating show on MTV. Then she'd meet dudes and they'd stop calling her totally out the blue. Now many of her peers who are late 30s are either married or on there way there and she's dating a dude 11 years her junior simply b/c he's good to her and she kept telling me "Britt, ain't ish out here, I been out here for a long time and ain't ish out here". I told her to still keep her options O P E N. I asked her if she can't find any good fellow naija men and she said she can't find them either.

My freaking best friend is never ever alone for long. I've watched guys woo over her, and even came to me because they need advice on how to approach her, or if what they bought her is something that she likes.

I'm just looking like. :-/, really? Where are my gifts? And men falling over me?

But I've noticed with her... it's like a game. She just came out of a relationship, but towards its end, she had another friend, so now she's back to the same stuff that she was in the prior relationship...

yep. My cousin, BFF and a close girlfriend of mine. They can't stand LHCF :lachen:

Men come very easy to them. Two are married, the other is pseudo-engaged (long story, cant get into details--this is her 2nd engagement).

All three are EXTREMELY self-entitled (pros & cons) go-getters overall. sometimes they border on selfish but self-centered is prob the most accurate. None of them ever take 'NO' for an answer with/about anything. They live as though rules & norms never apply to them because at the end of the day, they are going to do whatever the hell they want. Their relationships are consistent with most other areas of their life: They see what they want, pursue it relentlessly, obtain it. The end. You can't tell them what they can or can't do. If it's what they want, they are going to get it. You can write that check and cash it in advance. :lol:

oh and they are all pretty ruthless with men. I'm extremely nice w/sugar on top in comparison. :lol:

eta: their relationships are normal-average in health. no better or worse than most, it's just that they aren't the types to put up with bs. They will KIM. Men know this. Act too foolish, there willl be no chasing or long-suffering angry woman, he will be replaced.

edit: 3 out 3 of these women HATE Porsha Stewart but LOVE her ex-DH. Received a ranting phone call yesterday about Porsha being a bird that will never do better. :lachen:

It's safe to say that women that don't have problems with men don't act like Porsha.

Last edited:
Confession: I think I just realized why I stay single... I earnestly dont really want to be in a relationship, I just be wanting the D... :blush: TRUTH!!! As I am going thru this online thang I am such the B, guys want to meet, but I am so like blah because I would rather just see an old flame have the D and be good for some time... :perplexed...

Pray for me

Confession: I think I just realized why I stay single... I earnestly dont really want to be in a relationship, I just be wanting the D... :blush: TRUTH!!! As I am going thru this online thang I am such the B, guys want to meet, but I am so like blah because I would rather just see an old flame have the D and be good for some time... :perplexed...

Pray for me

whats wrong with that? If that's what you want, go on and get it. some people are single by choice.

not every woman has the same desires, if you want to remain single and opt of a relationship, do so. There is penis everywhere, you go on and get that if that's what you want instead.

just be sure that whatever decision you make is in your best interest, present and/or long-term. Nothing wrong with living in and embracing the moment. Just mind everything else that goes along with it. If it works for you, do it!

Pray for me

I ain't even mad, I understand (and I've been there, done that) :look:

Relationships can be great, but they're a lot of maintenence, and TBH, I'm not sure I have the patience anymore. I'm also jaded as hell. I know A LOT of cheaters, more than I care to admit.

Back